In every film, great shots and beautiful cinematic style are always present. All moviegoers can’t help but be enamored and captured by the mind-boggling plots, artistic angles, and systematic transitions of films. A film can easily produce these creative outputs because of film storyboard.
Storyboard is a visualization board composed of the probable scenes on a particular film. It contains sketches of sequences and angles that are used as a guide for the director of the film. Filmmakers can greatly benefit from film storyboards, which are all free and available on our website. Visit our website to see more of these film storyboards.
Film Studies Storyboard
Film Music Storyboard
Film Noir Storyboard
Film Trailer Storyboard
Film Production Storyboard
How to Make a Storyboard
Making a storyboard is easier when you have storyboard samples that can be used as your guide. However, if you don’t have one, no need to worry for you can still create a storyboard on your own. To do this, you may follow these steps.
- Visualize: On this step, you should be able to create images in your mind of the scenes you aspire to see in the final outcome. Visualization can surely help you get a glimpse of the possible sequences of your film.
- Format: Format your storyboard in a simple but orderly manner. Try to draw some big boxes for every scene. Below these boxes, indicate the necessary descriptions about the scene while the header should have the scene name and page number for accessibility purposes.
- Sketch: Sketch the scene on every box. It’s not a requirement to make your drawings really good. You only need to make sure you see the actual scene you conceived and the angles to be applied.
- Script: Below the boxes of every scene, write the script or dialogues the actors must say.
- Side Notes: You may add side notes to help you remember important matters regarding a certain scene.
Film Storyboard Sample
Short Film Storyboard
Best Film Storyboard
Film Making Storyboard
What Are the Uses and Purpose of a Storyboard?
The purpose of a movie storyboard is to primarily guide filmmakers in creating every scene on their film. It contains sketches of all sequences together with the camera angles, location, and time of the scene. It acts as a guide as to how the scenes are going to be shot on the film. Moreover, a storyboard has different beneficial uses to filmmakers.
- Visualization board: A storyboard is regarded as a visualization board of filmmakers. It is a way to present the ideas they want to give life on the big screen. Through a storyboard, a filmmaker can easily conceive the scenes and imagine the manners of capturing them, artistically.
- Time efficient: The production team can save more time when using a storyboard because they already know what sequences to shoot on a particular day. Imagine the burden of not having a guide on what scene to shoot in a day? It will take up much time and will lessen the chance of following the deadline for the film’s completion.
- Easier filming: Shooting process is much easier since the storyboard already has the scenes to be taken. What the production team needs to do now is prepare, set up the equipment, and roll the camera.
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Medical Prescription Samples – PDF, Word
30+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Sample Marketing Agreements
12+ Sample Standard Loan Agreement Templates