There are a lot of things that we need to do each and every day that we sometimes forget about them. If there are a lot of things that we need to do, there are also a lot of things that we unconsciously forget. And, oh, we only remember them at the last minute when out of the blue they just come popping out of your mind, or when blankly staring at something. We have been through this experience a lot and it is never pleasant. It always happens during the last minute when it is definitely impossible to have it done.
There are times when we are busy. We are busy thinking of this and that, planning for stuff, doing a lot of things, and so much more. And because we are so busy being occupied, we ultimately forget the things that matter. Even if you’re the type who seldom misses a thing, once in a while you would experience forgetting something. This experience is never something that one enjoys. The solution to this problem of forgetfulness or unintentionally forgetting about something is undoubtedly a checklist.
Checklists are really simple things. You don’t have to be a genius or a pro to be able to make and use one. A checklist is a tool that can help in fighting forgetfulness and makes sure that every task, schedule, or appointment is remembered no matter what the circumstances are. Because of its importance, a lot of people, most especially professionals, make use of this mighty tool. To provide you with a little knowledge about checklists, we have prepared sample checklists below. We have made them available in PDF so that it would be easy and convenient for you to view and download them. We have also included simple and easy steps on how to create a checklist. Check them out below!
Sample Pharmacists Daily Routine Checklist
Sample Planning Checklist for Daily Activities in School
Caretaker’s Daily Checklist Example
Daily Truck Checklist
Sample Daily Checklists for Powered Industrial Trucks
What Is a Daily Checklist?
A daily checklist is a list where one writes all the tasks and important things that they need to do so that they won’t forget about them, just like in a to-do list. It is called a daily checklist because the list of things that one needs to do are those that need to be done on a daily basis. It could be a checklist to create a routine for cleaning the house during the day or at night, a checklist for daily truck deliveries or daily store inventories. Daily checklists are used so that everyday activities can be made organized and help in breaking down long and exhausting tasks. Keeping and using a daily checklist not only helps in making things organized, but it also helps in keeping things organized. Long-term use of a daily checklist can help one live a hassle-free life.
Uses of a Daily Checklist
If you want to get things done on a daily basis and keep them organized for a long time, then you might want to consider using a daily checklist. Daily checklists are not just your ordinary list. Other people often refer to it as their lifeline. To further your understanding about the uses of a daily checklist, we have made a list of some of its uses below.
- A daily checklist is used to help one keep track of their daily tasks and activities. It could be the tasks and activities that one needs to do at work, or it could be house chores that need to be completed on a daily basis. A daily checklist allows one to remember what they need to do instead of wasting time trying to remember them. It also ensures that the daily tasks get done on time.
- Daily checklists can be used as a list of activities that children or students need to do in school. It can be a daily checklist of their school chores or a daily checklist that would help them establish their daily school routine.
- Big trucks and delivery trucks need to be checked on a daily basis. For this reason, a daily truck checklist is created as a guide for truck drivers and operators to ensure the safety of the equipment. It prevents the occurrence of any road accidents that can cause a lot of harm not only to the truck drivers but to other innocent people.
- A daily checklist is used in doing daily maintenance whether it be in equipment or establishments to make sure that the equipment is functioning properly and in good shape. This is also to make sure that the establishment is safe from any harm or dangers.
Those are just some of the many different uses of a daily checklist. If you still have not started using one, then now is the perfect time. You can grab any of the 15 free samples provided in this article and use them as your own. They are definitely useful and are guaranteed to help you in making your tasks lighter.
Playground Daily Safety Checklist
Child Care Health and Safety Daily Checklist
Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Checklist
Printable Daily Checklist
Simple ADL and IADL Checklist
Structured Daily Schedule Checklist
Sample Checklist for Workplace Housekeeping
Checklist of Activities of Daily Living
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
Daily Checklist for Different Professionals
How to Create a Daily Checklist
There are a lot of different kinds of checklists for different purposes, but no matter what kind of checklist it is, it is never that hard to make one. Contracts need to be checked by lawyers and legal professionals to make sure that they are not troublesome. Termination letters need to be reviewed by the company, one’s managers, and so on. A checklist does not go through all that process, especially not with a daily checklist. Just like making a grocery list and a food list, making a daily checklist is easy breezy. Here we will be providing you with the simplest and easiest way on how you can create your own daily checklist.
- Make a draft of the things that you need to do on a daily basis. Include those things that you often forget no matter how small. Writing a draft before making your checklist final will help you make a better checklist. Don’t worry if you have missed a couple of items. You can always add them later to your checklist.
Now, determine how you would want your checklist to be. Would you like to have it written in categories, like office tasks, cooking tasks, tasks on deadline today, and so on? Thinking of this ahead of time will give you the freedom to choose the style of checklist that you want.
- Still on your draft, arrange your list according to priority. Make sure that you put all important tasks on top, the not so important in the middle of your list, and the least important tasks at the bottom. This will help you determine at a glance which tasks need to be done first. If you see them on top, then you will automatically know that it’s an important task.
- Choose a template that you want to use for your checklist. You can download printable checklists that are available online to use as your own. If you prefer making a customized checklist, you can make use of the samples provided in this article. You can use ideas from different checklist samples and incorporate it to the one you are making. But if you prefer the simplest checklist, then you can use a plain paper or a ruled sheet.
- Once you are satisfied with the checklist template that you have selected, it’s time to transfer the list on your draft to the actual checklist. Once again, make sure to write the tasks on priority at the top and the least priority at the bottom.
- Make sure that you provide enough space to write for each of your tasks. You don’t want to crowd your checklist and make it look untidy.
- After doing the transfer, read your checklist one more time to make sure that you have written the details of your daily tasks correctly. The purpose of creating a daily checklist is to keep your daily tasks or activities organized, that is why you need to make sure that the details are correct. You can also check any grammar or spelling errors that you might have.
- Add additional tasks that you need to include. Put them on the space you have intended for additional tasks.
Now your daily checklist is done! It is just very easy to make one. You can now start doing your day-to-day activities in an organized fashion.
Checklist for Harassment Investigations
10+ Project Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
10 Employee Checklist Samples & Templates
17 Vehicle Checklist Samples & Templates
11 Event Planning Checklist Ideas Samples & Templates
16 Checklist Samples & Templates
A Checklist: When Should You Fire an Employee
48 Printable Checklist Samples & Templates
55 Free Checklist Samples & Templates
38 Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF
18 Contract Checklist Samples & Templates
45 Sample Checklist Samples & Templates
19 Task Checklist Samples & Templates
20 Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates
20 Student Checklist Samples & Templates