We don’t realize it, but bathrooms are an integral part of homes and institutions. It’s where a person can find solace in being alone and do their business in relieving themselves. Bathrooms need to be clean well to be free from germs at all times since it is where bacteria and viruses grow. Cleaning a bathroom doesn’t have to be complicated, as long as the bathroom is routinely cleaned. Read the article to find out how to make a bathroom cleaning checklist that could keep a bathroom pristine at all times.
10+ Bathroom Cleaning Checklist Samples
1. Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
2. Sample Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
3. Standard Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
4. Bathroom Daily Cleaning Checklist
5. Bathroom Deep Cleaning Checklist
6. Bathroom Cleaning Disinfecting Checklist
7. Printable Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
8. Bathroom Toilet Cleaning Checklist
9. Basic Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
10. Bathroom Weekly Cleaning Checklist
11. Editable Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Importance of Cleaning Bathrooms
Cleaning bathrooms is not the ideal type of activity to do but it is important to never neglect cleaning this small part of the house or buildings to prevent various illnesses and diseases to everyone especially to aging and sickly individuals. Furthermore, a clean bathroom makes it more comfortable for anyone to do their business. If the bathroom is dirty and smelly, people would be put off to relieve themselves and this will cause discomfort and frustration.
How to Make a Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
The following steps below will guide you on how to make a bathroom cleaning checklist.
1. List all the items you need
When you plan to deep clean your bathroom, you need the appropriate items to aid you in cleaning. Make a list of the bathroom cleaning tools and products you’re going to need. The list is essential for you to check the cleaning items you currently have and if you don’t have the items you need, you can use the list as a reference to buy new items. Here are some examples of the cleaning items you need:
- Toilet brush
- Cleaning products
- Clean rags or paper towels
- Broom and dustpan
- Rubber gloves
- Microfiber cloth
2. List Down the Tasks to Be Done
To make sure to clean your bathroom well, make a list of the things you need to do. Here are some examples of bathroom cleaning tasks:
- Organize the cabinets and countertops. Declutter and dust countertops and cabinets. Throw away toiletries and medicines that are expired. Remove items that are not needed in the bathroom.
- Wipe and scrub surfaces. Use your cleaning supplies to wipe glass, mirrors, walls, and all surfaces. Scrub any mold or mildew that is growing in walls and floors especially in nooks.
- Disinfect sink and toilet.
- Mop and vacuum floors.Vacuum or sweep any dust or debris on the floor and bathmats. Mop the bathroom floor next.
- Wash shower curtain, liner, rugs, and bath mats.
- Throw the trash and clean the trash can. Remove and unclog any debris buildup on sinks and shower drains.
- Clean Bathroom exhaust fans. Hang up towels.
What diseases can you get from a dirty bathroom?
Bathrooms are where you release human wastes and those wastes have a lot of bacteria and viruses that could lead to infection if a person comes in contact with it such as touching it or getting splashed from it. Viruses and bacteria such as hepatitis A and B, e-Coli, salmonella, shigella, and norovirus can cause grave diseases to anyone who is exposed to it.
What are the types of bathrooms?
The different types of bathrooms are full bathrooms, primary bathrooms, half bathrooms, and quarter bathrooms.
How often should you clean your bathroom?
Bathrooms are used every single day and so, they should be cleaned every day. To deep clean your bathroom, it should be done once a week to keep from any particles to clog your drains and molds and mildew to grow in your bathroom.
And that’s it. Making a checklist doesn’t have to be too complicated; the main purpose of the checklist is to remind you (and your family members if the list is for your home or your cleaning staff if the list is for an institution) on what tasks needed to do when cleaning the bathroom. Make sure to list down the list on a sheet of paper and write legibly or you can print it and keep it pinned near the bathroom (such as the bathroom door or bathroom cabinet). If you like to customize your own bathroom cleaning checklist or use a sample format, why not try our sample cleaning checklist templates above? They are free to download and print!
FREE 14+ Sample Checklists
FREE 14+ Checklist Samples
FREE 12+ Moving Checklist Samples
FREE 11+ Weekly Checklist Templates
FREE 11+ Sample Weekly Checklist
FREE 10+ Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ Kitchen Cleaning Schedule Samples
FREE 8+ Housekeeper Checklist Samples
FREE 8+ Sample To Do Checklists
FREE 6+ Sample MS Word Checklist
FREE 43+ Sample Checklist
FREE 24+ Inspection Checklist Samples
FREE 18+ Restaurant Checklist Samples
FREE 11+ Printable Wedding Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples