Property owners who are planning to have their properties rented out by lessees must be perfectly aware of the paramount necessity of having their lessees sign lease agreements. The signing of a lease agreement is an essential step in starting a lessor-lessee relationship.
The primary reason why a lease agreement is essential is for both the lessor and the lessee to have the legal recourse of demanding the other party’s fulfillment of his/her obligation should one fail to honor his/her promise to do so. To know more about the purposes of lease agreements, read this article and download our lease and rental agreement templates for clear reference.
For the sake of clarity, let us first define the concept of a lease. A lease is a contract made between a lessor and a lessee. In this contract, the lessor is conveying a limited amount of property rights to the lessee that can be exercised within the vicinity of and pertaining to the property that is the subject of the lease. On the other hand, the lessor is also obligated to remunerate such conveyance of property rights. Normally, a lease results to the lessee’s exercise of rights over the subject property only for a specific amount of time.
Who Should Sign the Lease?
In a lease agreement, the main individuals who must sign the lease are the following:
- The owner of the property or his/her formal agent
- The lessee
- The attorney who notarizes such agreement or any person allowed by law to bear witness to such an agreement
What if a Landlord Is Not Responsive to a Tenant’s Needs?
When a landlord fails to address the concerns of a tenant pertaining to some malfunction or damage in the property, then there are numerous options that are available to the tenant.
The following is a list of actions that a tenant can perform to ensure that the landlord would respond to his/her needs:
- At the outset of the lease, he/she must ensure that the lease agreement form contains terms that grant the tenant the right to demand a response from the landlord when there are difficulties to be encountered in the occupancy of the property rented.
- The tenant can then forward his/her complaints via legal proceedings should the landlord willfully desist from honoring the terms of the lease agreement.
Tips for Creating a Lease Agreement between a Landlord and a Tenant
Whether you are creating commercial property lease agreements or private property lease agreements, you must be able to include all the necessary terms and conditions of a proper lease agreement. To help guide you in doing so, here are some helpful tips you can follow:
- Consult a legal expert who can point you in the right direction on how to set the terms of a lease agreement.
- If you can’t afford legal consultation fees, you have the option to refer to lease agreement templates that can be found on the Internet. Our website can provide you with lease agreement templates that contain the proper terms and conditions of a lease agreement. We also have release agreement templates for more reference.
FREE 30+ Partnership Agreement Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Facility Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 53+ Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 23+ Service Agreement Templates and Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 7+ Temporary Employment Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Artist Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Rental Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Business Partnership Agreement Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Data Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 11+ Sample Data Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 10+ Non Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Investment Management Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Liability Release Agreement Samples and Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Small Business Investment Agreement Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF