Property owners who are planning to have their properties rented out by lessees must be perfectly aware of the paramount necessity of having their lessees sign lease agreements. The signing of a lease agreement is an essential step in starting a lessor-lessee relationship.
The primary reason why a lease agreement is essential is for both the lessor and the lessee to have the legal recourse of demanding the other party’s fulfillment of his/her obligation should one fail to honor his/her promise to do so. To know more about the purposes of lease agreements, read this article and download our lease and rental agreement templates for clear reference.
For the sake of clarity, let us first define the concept of a lease. A lease is a contract made between a lessor and a lessee. In this contract, the lessor is conveying a limited amount of property rights to the lessee that can be exercised within the vicinity of and pertaining to the property that is the subject of the lease. On the other hand, the lessor is also obligated to remunerate such conveyance of property rights. Normally, a lease results to the lessee’s exercise of rights over the subject property only for a specific amount of time.
Who Should Sign the Lease?
In a lease agreement, the main individuals who must sign the lease are the following:
- The owner of the property or his/her formal agent
- The lessee
- The attorney who notarizes such agreement or any person allowed by law to bear witness to such an agreement
What if a Landlord Is Not Responsive to a Tenant’s Needs?
When a landlord fails to address the concerns of a tenant pertaining to some malfunction or damage in the property, then there are numerous options that are available to the tenant.
The following is a list of actions that a tenant can perform to ensure that the landlord would respond to his/her needs:
- At the outset of the lease, he/she must ensure that the lease agreement form contains terms that grant the tenant the right to demand a response from the landlord when there are difficulties to be encountered in the occupancy of the property rented.
- The tenant can then forward his/her complaints via legal proceedings should the landlord willfully desist from honoring the terms of the lease agreement.
Tips for Creating a Lease Agreement between a Landlord and a Tenant
Whether you are creating commercial property lease agreements or private property lease agreements, you must be able to include all the necessary terms and conditions of a proper lease agreement. To help guide you in doing so, here are some helpful tips you can follow:
- Consult a legal expert who can point you in the right direction on how to set the terms of a lease agreement.
- If you can’t afford legal consultation fees, you have the option to refer to lease agreement templates that can be found on the Internet. Our website can provide you with lease agreement templates that contain the proper terms and conditions of a lease agreement. We also have release agreement templates for more reference.
9+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Examples, Templates
13+ Sample Non-Disclosure Agreements – PDF, DOC
13+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Samples & Templates
21+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples and Examples – PDF, Word
26+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Template – PDF, Word
13+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
14+ Nondisclosure and Noncompete Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
29+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Non Disclosure Agreement Samples
23+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples & Templates
11+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
7+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
13+ Sample Service Level Agreements
10+ Security Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word