As an entrepreneur or as a business owner, one of the things that you have to protect and shield yourself and your business from is competition. And competition can come from anywhere, also your potential competitor can be someone very close to you or someone who you work with every single day, which is why non-compete agreement is invented.
Non-compete agreement is most often coined as a clause or a covenant of not to compete with the company that you have worked or working for, for a specified time period. You can also check out and have a look at this page’s Sample Agreements to give you much more information than you need.
Sample Business Non-Compete Agreement
Non-Compete Confidentiality Agreement
Contractor Non-Compete Agreement in PDF
Non-Compete Disclosure Agreement
Non-Compete Distributor Agreement
Learning that non-compete agreement is a covenant bound by law in which you are not allowed to compete with the company or business that you have worked with in the past or is currently working with in the present. This covenant is clearly made to protect and shield companies and businesses from having competitors and also so that they will be able to keep up with the competition, or better yet, so that they would not have any competitors at all.
Here are some basic points and important subject matters in terms of non-compete agreements that you might find useful.
When to Use Non-Compete Agreement
- When two or more business parties are dying and is cutting off a business relationship
- When any employee or any employer is in a terminating relationship and the employer would want and would prefer that his or her employee would not compete against him or her presently or in the future
- When a company and an independent contractor or any consultant whatsoever and the company would not want the independent contractor to compete against him or her presently or in the future
Non-Compete Lease Agreement Free
Employee Non-Compete Agreement
Non-Compete Partnership Agreement
Mutual Non-Compete Agreement Example
Non-Compete Sales Agreement Format
Non-Compete Release Agreement
Other names of non-compete agreement would also include non-compete clause (NCC) and covenant not to compete (CNC).
If you want to have the option of drafting your own non-compete agreement, here are some important points to consider before doing so for an effective non-compete agreement. Other than that, you can browse through this page for Sample Severance Agreements that you might find to be similarly useful in some ways and manner.
- Name and addresses of the parties involved in the agreement. This would include and contain the protected party (this is the party who requested the non-compete agreement) and the non-competing party (this is the party who is restricted from being a competitor of the protected party or working for one).
- Particular individuals who will be signing the non-compete agreement. Limited to the group of people who holds the authority to sign the non-compete agreement and have it imposed.
- The exact effective date of the agreement. The specific date in which the particular agreement would start to take effect or start shielding the company, which is most likely the protected party against the non-competing party.
- The exact period for the non-compete agreement. Contains the specified stated time period and duration of the imposed non-compete agreement for both protected and non-compete parties alike, which would usually take up to 2 years.
9+ Sample Standard Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, Pages, PDF
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements in Word
13+ Exchange of Shares Agreement Template – PDF, Word
9+ Commercial Sublease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
12+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF
33+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Termination Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
7+ Sample Commercial Property Management Agreements – Word, PDF
7+ Sample Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
9+ Sample Commercial Loan Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Commission Sales Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Sample Commission Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
10+ Sales Commission Agreement Samples & Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Marketing Services Agreement Template – PDF, Word