A rental agreement is a form of agreement that documents the binding relationship between a landlord and a tenant. A tenant is given a copy before he or she starts moving to the landlord’s property. This is done so that the tenant has the opportunity to review the terms and conditions stipulated in the agreement. Once a tenant affixes his or her signature on the agreement, it is implied that everything was written has been understood.
You can choose from a wide variety of Sample Agreements in this page. These sample templates are mostly in PDF format and will serve as an exemplary guide for when you are drafting a rental agreement for when you want to rent out your property.
Printable Month to Month Rental Agreement
Room Rental Agreement Printable
Printable Residential Rental Agreement
Rental Lease Agreement Printable
Printable Rental Agreement Form
Basic Elements of a Rental Agreement
- The type of property to be rented—house, condominium, room, dormitory, etc. The complete address of the property must also be included.
- The name and contact information of both the landlord or lessor and tenant or lessee.
- Important dates such as the date when the agreement was signed, the date when tenancy will start, and the date when tenancy will end.
- The payment terms such as the frequency of payments, the amount that needs to be paid, what is covered by the payment, and how payment shall be made.
- Special terms or agreements between the lessor and lessee, if applicable.
When to Use a Rental Agreement?
A rental agreement may be used if
- you want to establish a formal relationship between you, the lessor, and the lessee;
- you want to lay down what solutions may be applied in situations where problems may occur;
- you want to feel secure and at ease when renting out your property;
- you want to clarify to the tenants what your expectation from them are; or
- you want to establish the ground rules or what can and cannot be done to your property.
You may also want to see:
Commercial Rental Agreement Printable
Printable Equipment Rental Agreement
House Rental Agreement Printable
Printable Vacation Rental Agreement
Parking Rental Agreement Printable
Blank Printable Rental Agreement in Excel
Why Provide a Rental Agreement?
- Rent money will never be lost. There is a constant reminder of when payments should be made and tenants can avoid bad credit since their payments are duly scheduled.
- Unpaid bills can be avoided or lessened.
- Damage to property.
- Safety and overall well-being.
- Illegal activities may be avoided.
- Expensive lawyer fees since any problem that may arise between the tenant and landlord can be solved by referring to the document.
The rental agreement templates featured in this article can help you save time when it comes to drafting your own. All you need is to choose one among the nine samples that fit your preference. These can be easily accessed and downloaded directly from this article in PDF format. You can opt to print these documents or just save them on your computer for future use and use it as a guide.
Renting out your house? You may want to use Sample House Rental Agreements as your guide.
FREE 10+ Member Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 50+ Rental Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Non Solicitation Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Sponsorship Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Operations Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 50+ Lease Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Small Business Partnership Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Purchasing Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Car Rental Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Termination Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Contractual Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Written Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Roomate Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Employee Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 8+ Rent Agreement Samples in PDF