It always takes at least two parties to make an agreement. In an agreement, these parties often meet up and come up with a common understanding of what each of them must do. They must then put all the things that they have talked about into writing. This document now becomes an official agreement between the parties involved.
You should take note, however, that an agreement is not always a contract. For it to become legally binding, as in a contract, there are still some qualifications that it needs to meet. You may be looking for agreements that you can use as basis for making your own. You can use our sample agreements as guide in making your own.
Simple Rental Agreements
Basic Rental Lease
Lease Agreement Samples
Residential Lease Agreement
Horse Lease Agreement
What Is a Service-Level Agreement?
One very common type of agreement is a service-level agreement (SLA). A service-level agreement is a pledge or undertaking between a service provider and the customer that sets out all the necessary aspects in the provision of the service. This way, it works very much like a Consulting Agreement. In an SLA, you will most likely find a statement stating that the services should be provided to the customer as stated in the contract. A good SLA should include the following:
- Description of the service provided
- Reliability and responsiveness
- Problem-reporting procedures
- Service-level monitoring
- Problem response and resolution time frame
- Consequences for not meeting commitment
What Is a Partnership Agreement?
Another very common type of agreement is a partnership agreement. In a partnership, two or more individuals often pool their resources in the undertaking of a business venture. A partnership agreement is an arrangement reached by the parties involved defining how the business partnership will be conducted. Check out these Contract Agreement Format to see what goes into these kinds of documents. In a partnership agreement, you will usually find the following provisions:
- Partnership name
- Business address
- Names of partners
- Effectivity date
- Primary purpose of the partnership
- Voting rights of partners in making decisions
- How costs and profits will be shared
- Clause for partnership dissolution
Loan Agreement Samples
Personal Loan Agreement
Confidentiality Agreement Samples
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure
Non-Disclosure Agreement Samples
Employee Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure
Writing an Effective Partnership Agreement
In entering into a partnership, a level of trust needs to be established between partners. This is where confidentiality agreements come into play. Different type of this documents exist. There are Client Confidentiality Agreements, Volunteer Confidentiality Agreements, and so on. Having these confidentiality agreements reinforces good partner relations among all parties involved.
When dealing with other people, you would need to have an official document that you can hold on to and show to people as an official record of the arrangement that was reached. This is especially very important in business. A business partnership needs to have all the necessary provisions that they have reached at after a negotiation to be put into writing. This partnership agreement strengthens the relationship that all partners have established. Here are some useful tips that you can use when making a partnership agreement of your own.
- Draft a good mission statement. A mission statement will guide you throughout the whole partnership agreement writing process. When in doubt about what you need to put in the agreement, always go back to your mission. Make sure to make these statements with your partner(s) and also that you share the same goals.
- Specify the roles of each partner. It is important that the functions of each partner is clearly stated. This avoids confusion and prevents any misunderstanding that could arise due to ambiguity of roles. Clearly state the authority level of each partner in making decisions, their contributions, and so on.
- Be comprehensive in the scope of the partnership. It is important to outline all the underlying aspects involved in the partnership. Be sure to include important details such as the type of business, the partnership terms, length of the contract relationship, and so on.
- Have it reviewed by a lawyer. A lawyer should always be consulted after drafting a partnership agreement to make sure there are no legal loopholes in the document.
Contractor Agreement Samples
Subcontractor Hold Harmless
Room Rental Agreement Samples
Room Rental Lease
Room Rental Agreement Sample
Shared Housing Room Rental
Tenancy Agreement Samples
Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
Suggested Tenancy Agreement Sample
Agreement Letter Samples
Agreement to Pay Letter
Payment Agreement Letter
How to Write a Separation Agreement
A separation agreement is an agreement made between a husband and wife that is legally separating. Take note that the spouses are still not divorced when making these documents. Separation agreements are very much like employment agreements in that they state the duties of an employee to an organization. Check out these Employment Agreements in PDF if you are interested in those too. In writing a separation agreement, make sure that both spouses agree on all issues (i.e., division of debt and assets, spousal support, etc.). When both parties agree on all these things, you can now put it all into writing. After writing all the terms, evaluate the document and then consult a lawyer to make sure you have covered everything.
The Importance of Non-Disclosure Agreements
Another very common type of agreement is a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). A non-disclosure agreement is a contract between two parties that obligates them not to disclose any confidential information that they have discussed with each other. An NDA is a very important Business Agreement. Businesses should put effort in making these documents as they sometimes spell the difference between a good business relationship and a bad one. They also often determine the success of the business. For instance, sensitive data about the organization that is leaked to its competitor could be harmful for the business. It could contain elements that the competitor can use against the business or as a way to gain corporate advantage.
Consulting Agreement Samples
Consignment Agreement Sample
Consignment Stock Agreement
Divorce Agreement Samples
Divorce Agreement Form
Distribution Agreement Samples
Franchise Agreement Samples
Master Franchise Sales
Draft Franchise Agreement
Mortgage Agreement Samples
Private Mortgage Agreement
Operating Agreement Samples
LLC Operating Agreement
Amended and Restated Operating
Joint Operating Agreement
Purchase Agreement Samples
Lease to Purchase Option Agreement
Purchase and Sale Agreement
Service Level Agreement Samples
Internal Service Level
Recruitment Service Level
Checklist Service Level
Sales Agreement Samples
Sales Agent Agreement
International Sales Commission
Service Agreement Samples
Master Service Agreement
Public Service Agreement
Property Settlement Agreement
Settlement of Debt Agreement
Quick Guide to Making Agreements
- Describe your obligations and that of the party in detail. You need to make sure that all parties are clear as to their role in the agreement that you have made. Provide details on what each needs to do.
- Describe the payment terms. Especially in business, every agreement usually involves an exchange of goods or services. The payment terms should be stated clearly in the agreement, including the deposit made, when the final payment is due, and so on.
- Lay out a timeline or milestones. There needs to be a clear time frame as to when the agreement will come into completion.
- Write a termination clause and a dispute clause. You need to be prepared just in case problems regarding the agreement happen.
Agreements are a means of making sure that everyone performs their obligations to each other as outlined in the contract. You can use these simple agreements when tasked with making one of your own. Also, check out these Agreement Examples and sample Agreements in PDF for further guides to help you in making one.
9+ Sample Standard Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, Pages, PDF
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements in Word
13+ Exchange of Shares Agreement Template – PDF, Word
9+ Commercial Sublease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
12+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF
33+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Termination Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
7+ Sample Commercial Property Management Agreements – Word, PDF
7+ Sample Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
9+ Sample Commercial Loan Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Commission Sales Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Sample Commission Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
10+ Sales Commission Agreement Samples & Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Marketing Services Agreement Template – PDF, Word