What is an Option to Lease Agreement? By definition, it is a type of agreement that provides an option to the renters in purchasing a rented property either during or at the end of the rental period. It precludes the owner from making an offer with regards to the property to be sold for anyone else. When the term has already been expired, the renter will have the choice to either exercise the option or forfeit it. An option to lease is also referred to as a lease having a specific option to make a purchase. Another thing, this is also a type of agreement through which the tenant and landlord agrees that the renter can buy the property. The tenant must pay the fee plus the additional amount for each month that usually goes to the down payment.
10+ Option to Lease Agreement Samples
How do an Option to Lease works? A lease option is designed to provide the potential buyers a more flexible agreement. This requires the renter to purchase the house by the time the lease ends. its price will specifically be agreed by the renter and the owner. It should be at the current market value of a home which allows buyers to purchase it in the future with an equivalent of today’s price. This type of agreement is helpful especially for those who are building their credits or do not have enough money for the down payment. However, there are still other features that you might still want to consider.
1. Option to Lease Agreement Template
2. Residential Lease with Option to Purchase Agreement
3. Option to Lease Purchase Agreement
4. Option to Land Lease Agreement
5. Residential Option to Lease Agreement
6. Home Option to Purchase Lease Agreement
7. Option Clause to Lease Agreement
8. Option to Ground Lease Agreement
9. Sample Option to Lease Agreement
10. Option to Energy Lease Agreement
11. Option to Property Lease Agreement
Requirements for the Option to Lease Agreement
- Rental payments – the owner will usually charge a a premium in addition to the given standard monthly rent provided that it will be bought at today’s price whenever the lease will come to an end. The premium is the percentage that has been added to the rent. There are some owners who would take a one-time cash payment. This is called “valuable consideration” which is quite to that of a premium.
- Bank financing with a lease option – some banks will allow the total funds of the premium to go to the down payment intended for home purchase. However, if the rent will be charged for an un-market rate, some banks will not be able to allow any funds to be applied to its price. It is essential for buyers to check multiple banks in order to determine the rules or policies pertaining to financing a mortgage for a home containing a lease option.
- The term of a lease option – this may refer to any period to which the owner of the property and the renter both agree. Such contract specifies the purchase price of the property at the beginning of the lease or how the price will be determine by the end of the option.
What are the other names of the lease-option contract?
The other names include rent-to-own agreements, rent-option, lease-to-buy option, rent-to-buy option, lease-with-option-to-buy, and lease-with-option-to-purchase.
How do you prepare for the purchase?
You have to talk to the lender before trying to have a lease-option-to-buy agreement in order to ensure that the money will be credited to the homeowner on top of the payments you made toward your purchase.
How do you write a lease to own contract?
There have been a lot of contracts and templates made available online, but because of the financial commitment, it would be preferable to have a lawyer that will make a review of your lease-to-own contract.
All the leasing options are way too familiar for homeowners in order to have a security among potential buyers without having to put the property on the market. If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the option to lease agreement samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 9+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreement
FREE 9+ Lease Agreement Contract Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Generic Lease Agreement
FREE 7+ Rent-to-Own Home Contract Sample
FREE 6+ Rent-to-Own Home Contracts
What Is a Lease between Landlord and Tenant?
FREE 6+ Sample Blank Lease Agreements
FREE 36+ Lease Agreement Forms
FREE 14+ Sample House Lease Agreement
FREE 11+ Sample Texas Residential Lease Agreement
FREE 11+ Sample Horse Lease Agreement
FREE 10+ Hire and Rental Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Residential Lease Agreement
FREE 8+ Apartment Lease Agreement Templates
FREE 6+ Rent-to-Own House Contracts