The purpose of a lease is to provide a legal document regarding a lease transaction that outlines the obligations and responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant. As we all know, a lease is an agreement between the two parties that allows the tenant to use the landlord’s leased property by making payments.
Commercial Lease Agreement Template
Commercial Sublease Agreement Template
Option to Lease Agreement Sample
A rental agreement has similarities with a lease agreement, but they are not entirely the same. Landlords should specify if their property is for lease or for rent, and it should be stated in their agreement. That is why in this article we have carefully selected 42 lease agreement formats to make sure they get the right contract agreement they are looking for.
Apartment Lease Agreement Template
Sample Furniture Lease Agreement Template
Sample Restaurant Lease Agreement Template
Car Lease Agreement Template
Commercial Lease Termination Agreement Template
Hunting Lease Agreement Sample
Land Lease Agreements
Farm Land Lease Agreement
Commercial Land Lease Agreement
Hunting Land Lease Sample Agreement
House Lease Agreements
Residential House Lease Agreement
Rental House Lease Agreement
What Is a Lease Agreement?
A lease agreement is a contract that is signed by both the landlord and the tenant regarding the use and payment of a leased property or asset. Like other contracts, a lease agreement or a residential lease agreement is a legal document that is enforceable by the law and is legally binding. A lease contract usually lasts for a minimum of six months up to one year. Unlike a rental agreement where the contract is on a month-to-month basis, the terms and conditions of a lease agreement cannot be changed until the contract expires. This means that the landlord cannot increase the price or kick the tenant out within the contract period.
How to Fill Out a Lease Agreement
- Gather important lease-related information.
- Make sure to write on the lines or boxes provided for, like the boxes you see on lease agreement templates.
- Know the name of the landlord and the name of the property to be leased.
- Write the exact address of the property.
- Write the correct start and end date of the lease contract, and the date you filled out the agreement.
- Read everything thoroughly before affixing your signature on the agreement.
Shop Lease Agreements
Commercial Shop Lease Agreement
Coffee Shop Lease Sample Agreement
Barber Shop Lease Agreement
Apartment Lease Agreements
Free Apartment Lease Agreement
Transfer Apartment Lease Agreement
Business Lease Agreements
Free Lease Agreement for Business
Small Business Lease Agreement
Standard Business Lease Agreement
Tips for Writing a Lease Agreement
- Be knowledgeable about lease agreements. You can’t be confident about something you know nothing about. Research and make comparisons with existing lease agreements in PDF and other lease agreement samples.
- Be clear and concise. The statements you use in your lease agreement should be simple enough that your tenants will not have any problems understanding them. It should be concise to prevent and avoid assumptions.
- Say something about the property. Provide a detailed description of the property that is being leased. This will give the tenant an idea of what it looks like, and if there are any repairs that are needed to be done.
- State your policy about pets. A lot of people want to keep pets. You may or may not allow pets in your property provided that you have this policy included in your lease agreement. It might turn out troublesome if you forgot about it.
- Explain how security deposits work. Tell your tenant what happens to their security deposit over time or in certain circumstances.
- Highlight the payment part of the agreement. Explain the payment methods you accept and its frequency.
- Tell about termination clauses and breach of contract. Clauses are important, so make sure they are thoroughly explained.
- Determine each party’s responsibilities. Make it clear to the tenant the things that you both need to do.
- Provide a definition of terms if you must use technical terms in your agreement.
- Consult a professional. They know a lot about the legalities and just to make sure that your lease agreement does not cause you trouble.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors.
Building Lease Agreements
Commercial Building Lease Agreement
Lease Agreement for Office Building
Farm Building Lease Agreement
Commercial Lease Agreements
Sample Commercial Lease Agreement
Real Estate Commercial Lease Agreement
Free Lease Agreement for Commercial
Equipment Lease Agreements
Generic Equipment Lease Agreement
Sample Medical Equipment Lease Agreement
Farm Equipment Lease Agreement
Factory Lease Agreements
Factory Building Lease Agreement
Land Lease Agreement for Factory
Importance of Lease Agreement
- A lease agreement in word gives an outline of the responsibilities and obligations of the landlord and tenant who are involved in a lease agreement.
- The lease agreement gives the tenant the right to use the assets or the property being leased over a period of time.
- Provides a clear arrangement about the payment amount, how payment is made, and the payment frequency.
- A lease agreement binds the landlord and the tenant to the terms of the agreement after they have signed it.
- Used as a master lease agreement when subleasing is allowed.
What to Include in a Lease Agreement
- The name of the parties involved in the agreement or the name of the landlord and tenant
- The description of the property being leased that is written in detail
- The duration or time frame that the property is leased
- Lease renewal terms
- Applicable lease clauses, like the default clause
- The payment amount, method, and frequency
- The late fees and other penalties that make up the additional charges
- The duties and responsibilities of the tenant and landlord
- The tenant’s rights and limitations on the property
You can compare the list above to those that are included in a land lease agreement.
Hotel Lease Agreements
Free Hotel Lease Agreement
Standard Lease Agreement for Hotel
Office Lease Agreements
Commercial Office Lease Agreement
Medical Office Lease Agreement
Free Lease Agreement for Office
Property Lease Agreements
Rental Property Lease Agreement
Business Property Lease Agreement
Commercial Property Lease Agreement
Rental Lease Agreements
Free Rental Lease Agreement
Room Rental Lease Agreement
Residential Lease Agreement
Free Residential Lease Agreement
Basic Residential Lease Agreement
Rent Lease Agreement
House Rent Lease Agreement
Commercial Rent Lease Agreement
Commercial Sublease Agreement
Vehicle Lease Agreements
Simple Vehicle Lease Agreement
Commercial Vehicle Lease Agreement
The Advantages and Disadvantages of a Lease Agreement
Leasing a property might be better for you compared to renting a property. But it would still depend on your needs and preferences. A lease agreement, just like any other agreements, has its set of advantages and disadvantages that you see in free lease agreement, and they are provided below. You might find office lease agreements useful.
- It is clear and concise. A lease agreement provides everything that there is to know about leasing a certain property and serves as a guide so that both parties won’t violate any of them.
- Outlines the rights, obligations, limitations of the landlord and tenant about the leased property. Gives specific details as to what the tenant can and cannot do with the property, as well as both parties’ obligations.
- It is a legally binding document. Both tenant and the landlord will face consequences if they breach the contract.
- Includes important clauses. These clauses can be tricky, that is why you should take the time to read and understand them.
- Provides tenant security over the use of the property. This is because no part of the contract can be changed before it expires.
- Ensures that the landlord gets a continuous source of income. Unlike a rent that is on a monthly basis, a lease is on a fixed number of months or years. In case the tenant defaults before the contract ends, they will still need to pay for the remaining of the lease.
FREE 12+ Contract Agreement Format Samples in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 12+ Consignment Agreement Examples & Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Business Investment Proposal Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Sample Construction Loan Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Construction Loan Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 21+ Construction Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Co-Management Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Retail Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Distribution Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Retail Vendor Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Contractor Agreement Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 6+ Condominium Management Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Exclusive Management Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 5+ Sample Standard Confidentiality Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Settlement Disbursement Sheet Samples in PDF | MS Word