If situations get worse between the couples who have children and both have decided to get a divorce, the husband and wife need to undergo a custody and secure a support agreement that will remind them of their roles and responsibilities. The divorce court helps each parent reach the consensus with regards to the child and custody issues. However, having a solid agreement can help in facilitating cooperation and helps you save both time and money. The laws on child support especially with the custody usually differs. This is to make you understand the guidelines if you are planning to write a child custody agreement.
9+ Child Custody Agreement Samples
What is a child custody agreement? When we talk about child custody, it can have a little bit complexity into its context specifically with the laws that differs by jurisdiction. When you are going to determine the custody rights for a child, make sure that it will be done carefully. It is because having to decide about this may have a profound impact on the child. When you are going to determine the rights , the law on child custody will prioritize the interests and the background of the child. This is called the “child’s best interest standard”. Take note that the court will only make child custody decisions if they think that it will benefit the child.
1. Child Custody Agreement Template
2. Child Joint Custody Agreement Template
3. Child Support and Custody Agreement Template
4. Child Parenting Plan Custody Agreement
5. Child Client Intake Custody Agreement
6. Child Custody Visitation Agreement
7. Child Joint Custody Agreement
8. Child Custody Property Settlement Agreement
9. Separation Child Custody Property Agreement
10. Child Custody Service Agreement
What is Included in the Child Custody Agreement?
A child custody agreement may contain a custody and a schedule intended for visitation. Contained in the document is a weekly schedule which would show when a child is with one of the parent. Parental provisions will also be included to which rules are made as a guideline on how to raise a child. The provisions will be able to tell how the parents should decide based on the child’s education, religious involvement, etc.
Below are the types of child custody arrangements:
- Sole custody – there will only be one parent who will be awarded to have an exclusive rights towards the child. This is the type of custody arrangement that occurs whenever one of the parent is abusive or have been addicted to drugs. This means that the parent who is unfit to take care of the child will have no responsibility over the child.
- Joint custody – this is the type of arrangement where both parents are involved in the well-being of the child. This will only be effective once thee joint custody has been awarded. Whenever both the physical and legal joint custody are granted, both the parents should cooperate in terms of how they should raise the child.
- Physical custody – this is the type of child custody arrangement that requires the child to live with the parent who is granted with the custody. The parent awarded with a physical custody should provide care to the child. If there is a case where an unhealthy instance would occur, the noncustodial parent will be granted visitation rights.
What are the basic elements or components of a custody agreement?
This includes a declaration of custody, division of parental authority and decision-making abilities, child visitation schedule, methods for reviewing and modifying the custody agreement, method of dispute resolution, and additional provisions that you may want to include.
How to write your own custody and support agreement
You have to decide what type of custody each parent gets, describe your agreed upon arrangement, provide a detailed visitation and parenting plan, and use positive language.
What are the common violations contained in a child custody agreement?
This includes a contempt of court order, loss of visitation or custody privileges, and possible criminal consequences including disobeying the child custody agreement results in harm to the child.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the child custody agreement samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Divorce Worksheet Samples
FREE 10+ Court Standing Order Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Parenting Plan
FREE 8+ Sample Guardianship Forms
FREE 7+ Sample Legal Forms
FREE 7+ Prenuptial Agreement Forms
FREE 5+ Sample Child Support Agreement
FREE 10+ Liability Release Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Daycare Application Form Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Letters of Reference
FREE 9+ Reference Sample Letter
FREE 8+ Sample Parent Release Forms
FREE 7+ Sample Character Reference Letter
FREE 6+ Child Protection Action Plan Samples
FREE 6+ Divorce Agreement Samples