Have you ever heard of the saying “first impressions last”?
Well, in the case of resumes, when you present an unappealing objective section, then most assuredly, the more apt saying for your trash-bound resume will be, “First impressions are the only impressions.”
Indeed, hiring managers are busybodies, they refuse to waste their time on job applicants whose career objectives do not concur with their company’s goals. It is for this reason that as a job applicant, you need to craft a brief yet effective objective statement in the topmost part of your resume. Be sure to dazzle the recruiter by creating a resume based on our Sample Objectives. Simply scroll down below and download the one that specifically fits your resume needs.
Resume Job Objective Sample
General Labor Job Objective Example
Administrative Assistant Job Objective in PDF
Secretary Job Objective Example in PDF
Entry Level Job Objective Example
Parts of an Objective Section
The objective section of a resume must be 1–3 sentences long. Anything more than three sentences is no longer advisable since a long objective statement may prove to be detrimental to the applicant’s chances at getting hired. Hence, in order to help you achieve effective brevity, here are the three necessary parts of a resume objective:
- a statement of the candidate’s strongest provable traits (the traits must be related to the job applied for);
- informing the hiring manager which specific position in the company the candidate wants to fill in; and
- ensuring the hiring manager of reliability and intent to help in progressing the company’s goals, visions, and action plans.
When Is an Objective Section Necessary?
A formal objective is only necessary when the job applicant is either
- someone who has previous work experience yet not enough to prove to the hiring manager that he/she posses the necessary skills for the job;
- an entry-level worker (meaning, he/she hasn’t experienced working for a formal job previously); or
- making a career change (a person who, having garnered years of experience in a specific career, chooses to shift his/her career path in a completely different line of work or industry such as a lawyer who makes a career shift by applying for a literary professor position).
Indeed, no hiring manager would want to waste their company’s resources by hiring someone whose career goals are inconsistent with the nature of the company’s job positions and goals. That is why, if you are a job applicant, you need to tailor your objective in such a way that measures up to the suitable qualifications for the job position you are applying for.
Job Objective Sample for Teacher
Front Desk Job Objective Sample in PDF
Tips in Making a Powerful Objective Section
1. Be specific and concise.
2. It must adhere to the three-parts rule:
- statement of your most salient qualification,
- specific career goals, and
- how you want to add value to the company.
3. Avoid generalized statement; instead, assure your hiring manager by displaying unflailing confidence in your passions through the specificity of your goals.
4. Remember to emphasize how important it is for you not only to grow as an employee, but also to add value to the overall progress of the company you are applying for.
For more reference, feel free to browse our wider collection of Resume Objectives Samples. These templates are available in PDF and Word formats, which makes it easier for you to edit it according to your resume needs.
FREE 7+ Examples of Career Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Nursing Resume Objective Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Medical Assistant Resume Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Resume Objective Statement Templates in PDF
FREE 4+ Resume Objective for Customer Service in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Resume Objectives for Retail in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Sales Resume Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Resume Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Lesson Plan Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Marketing Objective Example Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample General Objective for Resume Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Objective Sample for Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Objective on Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Resume Objectives Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Objectives For Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF