One of the most vital aspects of running a company’s procurement processes is the responsibility of the purchasing agent. This is to ensure the company is amply supplied in order not to run out of much-needed supplies. A purchasing agent has the primary responsibility of keeping track of all purchases and keeping inventory records to make sure the company is supplied with everything it needs. He has the task of ensuring production capacity is not hampered and smooth operation is maintained through supplies being provided for manufacturing.
Our website offers free downloadable and printable Job Description Samples for purchasing agent jobs that may be needed by employers looking to hire a well-qualified purchasing agent. These are all free to download in both Word Doc and PDF files.
Construction Purchasing Agent Job Description
Purchasing Agent Job Description example
Senior Purchasing Agent Job Description Sample
Purchasing Agent Job Description Format
A purchasing agent’s responsibility is not only to purchase goods or services but are given prime responsibilities of reviewing each product’s quality to ensure whatever is used in the manufacturing department is up to standards. They’re also tasked to evaluate suppliers to find out if they can supply both on a long-term or short-term basis depending on the contract. Oftentimes, manufacturing problems are caused by suppliers not being able to supply much-needed materials needed in the manufacturing process after several deliveries.
Other tasks and duties of a purchasing agent includes,
- staying up to date of any current market updates of the products and services used by the company and explore alternative products whose quality and costs are lower than the current products being bought by the company;
- review purchase requisition processes within established paradigms and contacting suppliers when requirements do not meet specifics of cost and quality or if any of the procedures do not meet established criteria;
- develop primary and alternate sources of supplies if current suppliers cannot meet requirements and assure company is not at risk from a single-source vendor whose supply capabilities may not be up to par with company requirements;
- establishing supply arrangements that should be advantageous with company requirements such as reducing costs and procurement timetables and inventory investments; and
- work with both management and suppliers to establish product standards and availability within established parameters to ensure orders are meeting all the requirements of the company’s standards.
Those are some of the primary functions of a purchasing agent. Besides the ones mentioned above, a responsible purchasing agent should always implement ongoing reviews of each procurement policy to ensure the best possible practice of procurement, tendering, and contracting of services in the company are being followed.
For sales-related job descriptions, our website also offers Merchandiser Job Description Samples and Buyer Job Descriptions. These are for companies looking to hire the services of these professions and ensure only the best possible qualified applicants are hired.
Assistant Purchasing Agent Job Description
Purchasing Agent Job Description in PDF
Materials Purchasing Agent Job Description
Lead Purchasing Agent Job Description
Lastly, it’s vital that purchasing agents need to discourage uniform bidding and discourage unscrupulous suppliers from gaining favors through offering of bribes and gifts. Not only is the practice frowned upon by companies, it can also result in a loss of trust and confidence that can lead to the purchasing agent being fired from his job.
For computer engineering job requirements, do check out our Systems Engineer Job Description Samples. These are all filled with the needed tasks, duties, and responsibilities required for the kind of professionals needed to be hired.
FREE 9+ Sample Software Developer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF