A computer programmer is an individual who develops a program through a series of codes. They usually develop programs that are intended to create instructions for a computer system, enabling the computer to execute any given order or action. The other notable works of a programmer is the development of certain software that are most likely an additional trait of the modern computers.
If you are interested in computer programmer roles, you might want to check out this 11+ Computer Programmer Job Description Samples.
Sample Computer Programmer Job Description
Computer Software Programmer Job Description
Junior Computer Programmer Job Description
Computer Programmer Job Description in PDF
Java Computer Programmer Job Description Example
Computer Programmer Intern Job Description
Types of Programmers
- Software Engineers
These developers are responsible for the design, development, testing, or execution of a certain software. Come to think of the Adobe Creative Suite Software or the Windows Office Tools software, these people are the creative minds behind those applications.
- Mobile Application Developers
This is certainly the latest developer role. As the age of smartphones rose, these developers have been the most sought after because of their capability to adapt to this new technology and as well develop applications for it.
- Web Developers
It was around the early 2000s when the Web design and development industry was at its peak and Web designers and developers were the most in-demand jobs during that time, since people have been adapting the “Aquarian Age” and daily transactions have been made easier through the easy access of the World Wide Web, hence the creation of e-mails and websites. However, the role of a web developer is to develop the structure and functionality of a website.
- System Administrator
They don’t necessarily develop programs, but there are others that fix bugs too. They only use the required program in handling the whole system of a company or organization they are in. If you want to be a system administrator, you might as well want to see System Administrator Job Descriptions for further insights about the position’s role.
Computer Application Programmer Job Description
Entry Level Computer Programmer Job Description
Computer Programmer Analyst Job Description
Senior Computer Programmer Job Description
Information Technology Computer Programmer Analyst Job Description
What Are the Program Languages That Are Being Used by the programmers?
Some developers, especially the software engineers and batch analysts use:
- COBOL – this type of language is purposely developed for business use. It usually covers inventory systems.
- C+ or C++ – is a general multipurpose language. Mostly used in writing system software.
- Java – is a programming language created for application development.
But for the Web developers, they usually use:
- HTML – or Hypertext Markup Language is a standardized language created specifically for the Web, and its function is to create structure of the website’s build up.
- CSS – or Cascading Style Sheets is another Web language that is developed to write formatting rules. It is responsible for most of the website’s appearance.
- PHP – or Hypertext Preprocesor is a scripting language used to create a dynamic webpage content or images and usually developed under a Web server.
- Java Script – similar to Java, hence the origin of the name, however its function is to create interactive effects within Web browsers.
The most notable operating system created by programmers are
- OS X (Apple or MAC),
- UNIX, and
- LINUX / Ubuntu.
If you are interested in applying for a computer engineer position, you might as well want to check out Computer Engineer Job Description Samples for further insight about the role. The lists also come with a free downloadable file.
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples
11+ Service Manager Job Description Samples