Organizations need to constantly conduct evaluations to be able to improve the evaluation performance and the operations of the business. Evaluating in business is basically the process of gathering and analyzing data and information that are needed in order for the business to achieve results. There are many types of evaluations that the business can do. One example of an evaluation form that is essential for small and large corporations is a job evaluation. In a business, there are various types of job positions with different values and rankings. To be able to identify the value of a particular job position, a job evaluation is done.
A job evaluation is essential so that the business can develop performance standards for their employees, rank the various job positions for the purpose of having the appropriate salary or pay grade, create job descriptions and specifications, and help in the recruitment process. To help you further understand the importance and the definition of a job evaluation, you can read more information about it below. Here, you will also read about the steps for conducting a job evaluation, the methods for evaluation that you can use, and the job evaluation process. The job evaluation forms and samples that you will find in this article will also be useful to you if you need to outline or format your evaluation.
Job Evaluation Request Form
Job Evaluation Form for Staff
Blank Job Evaluation Form
Job Evaluation Appeal Form
What Is a Job Evaluation?
A job evaluation is a sample assessment done by various organizations and businesses in order to determine the value of a particular job position compared to the other positions within the company. Various job positions are compared based on certain factors through a systematic process. Through a job evaluation, organizations will be able to establish or create a rational pay structure for the company. A job evaluation is also useful in keeping a high productivity level, as well as the satisfaction of an organization’s employees.
Reasons Why Job Evaluations Are Performed
There are many reasons why businesses conduct job evaluations. The main purpose of performing job evaluations is to be able to classify the different job positions within and outside a particular company. The reasons why companies perform job evaluations are as follows:
- Job evaluations are performed in order to examine the similarities of different job positions, as well as their responsibilities. This allows the business to determine the pay, promotions, assigned work, and other equality issues since it is always important to have fair and equal opportunities for every employee in the business.
- A job performance evaluation is also conducted to help the business determine the right pay for their employees and other matters regarding the compensation of a company’s employees. The salary grade is one of the contributing factors on whether a particular employee is satisfied in his/her workplace.
- A job evaluation also helps businesses create job descriptions for different job positions, standards for the business on how employees should perform, competencies, and an evaluation system that will help them assess the performance of their employees.
- A job evaluation also allows businesses to create a career path for their employees. Providing various opportunities to your employees is important especially if you want to keep them satisfied, which will ensure the success of the business.
- A job evaluation is also important in the recruitment process of the business. This allows businesses to develop methods in creating job postings and assess the qualifications of the applicant in order to determine whether they are fit for the job position being offered.
Job Evaluation Review Request Form
Printable Job Evaluation Form
Steps for Conducting a Job Evaluation
There are a number of steps that you need to do in order to conduct an effective job evaluation. By following the steps below, you will be able to conduct an evaluation that will be beneficial to both the business and their employees. The steps for conducting your job evaluation are as follows:
Step 1: Define the jobs through a job analysis.
First, gather all the necessary information regarding the job content of the different job positions in the company. The information that will be collected through a job analysis is important since this will help businesses create a job description for the different positions.
Step 2: Choose the evaluation method that will be used.
Select the right self-evaluation method for the job evaluation that you will be doing. Examples of the most common job evaluation methods include the ranking method, points method, and the classification method. You can also customize these methods depending on the needs of the company.
Step 3: Determine the factors that are essential to the business or organization.
In order to identify the relative job positions for employee evaluation within an organization, these factors are important. The various factors help businesses identify which job is more valuable than the other allowing them to create the organizational hierarchy. There are also various categories that are used to define these factors. The categories are as follows:
- The technical skills required for a particular job position
- The effort that is required from the employees for the certain job position
- The responsibilities of each job position
- The working conditions where the job positions will be exposed to
Step 4: Assess the various job positions.
Perform an assessment of the different jobs based on the factors that you have gathered. Based on the evaluation method that you have selected, gather and interpret the data through a point system.
Step 5: Rank the different jobs.
Now that you have assessed these job positions, rank them based on the job that has the most points. Rank the jobs from the most points to least ones.
Step 6: Create a job hierarchy.
Set up a job hierarchy based on the ranking that you have created. Once a job hierarchy has been established, the company will be able to use it to create performance evaluation standards, for career development, training of employees, and create an appropriate salary structure for the company.
Job Re-evaluation Form Sample
Job Evaluation Questionnaire Form
Job Evaluation Packet Form
High School Job Evaluation Form
3 Essential Job Evaluation Methods
There are three essential job evaluation reports that a company can use to assess the relative job positions in an organization, as well as determine the value of these positions. This is an important process in order for the business to have an equitable and a competitive compensation for their employees. The 3 essential methods are as follows:
The ranking method is the process of ranking the different job positions based on various factors including the complexity and the value of a particular position in the business. These positions are ranked from the most valuable to the least valuable one. This type of method is useful for small business startups checklists because it involves a simple process.
The points method refers to the process of providing points to each of the factors that are valuable to the company. These are done on a rating scale. Some examples of these factors include the skills, effort, and so on. The point system helps businesses in effectively and accurately performing an evaluation.
The classification method evaluates job positions based on categories or jobs with the same value and content. For example, semi-skilled, skilled, managerial, and executive goals for employee evaluation are some examples of common categories. The classification method is the best method to use for large companies like government agencies and corporations that have a number of locations.
How the Job Evaluation Process Works
The processes of job evaluation can be divided into varying segments where the functions of job positions and the requirements for qualified candidates can be evaluated furthermore. Here is a short process where job evaluation can be incorporated.
- Identify the operations of the business and the nature of transactions that it exchanges with the purchasing power of consumers and buyers.
- Assess the job positions that are needed by the business so particular work functions can be supplied.
- It is best to start with an external evaluation where there is an in-depth comparison of the work post credentials and benefits that are applied and implemented by companies of the same nature.
- Once an external evaluation has been done, then the management is ready to allocate resources for the development and improvement of the organizational structure and how work positions can be identified and differentiate it from one another.
There is a need for a job evaluation form to be created so that results can be recorded. With the current information about the job positions within a business, it will be easier for companies to create sound and objective judgment on how they are going to provide the needs of the employees when it comes to salaries, benefits, and other rights. Additionally, aside from the job evaluation templates and samples that you will find in this article, there are also other types of evaluation forms available on our website. Some of these include an employee performance evaluation template, a self-evaluation form template, vendor evaluation form template, and a meeting evaluation form template.
FREE 63+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Advance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Employee Performance Appraisal Form Templates in PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Consultation Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Coaching Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Student Registration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Education Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Details Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 33+ Campus Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Administration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Case Report Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Waiver Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Sample Startup Form Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 28+ Patient Intake Form Samples in PDF | MS Word