An employee time off request is used by employees to either take a rest or do something fun. A time off from work may be paid or unpaid depending on company policies. There are certain benefits that a company or organization can get by giving their employees a time off. One of those benefits is the increase in motivation, which increases the employee’s performance and productivity.
In this article are 14 time off request forms that are prepared to meet your everyday time off request needs. Also included are time-off request tips that are useful if you are planning to create your own. These forms are available for free when you download them online.
Printable Time Off Request Form
Employee Time Off Request Form
Time Off Request Form for Employee Vacation
Paid Time Off Request Form
Time Off Request Form for Vacation
What Is a Time Off Request Form?
A time off request form is the form that is filled out by employees to be able to formally request that they want to take a leave or a vacation. Time off means the time that an individual spends away from work to rest, do recreational activities or travel. Employees are entitled to a time off for a number of days depending on how many banked hours they have left for a time off. You might also find sample request forms useful.
What to Say When Requesting a Time Off
We often find it hard to request for a time off, especially when we know that everybody is needed in the job. So here are some tips on what you can say when you request for a time off.
- You need to plan when you need to ask for a time off.
- Always make sure that you ask at a good time.
- Make sure that you have scheduled everything in advance.
- As much as possible, do not schedule your time off request during peak time.
- Write a time off request letter to formally let your boss know about it. You may also fill out time off request forms provided by the company.
- Make sure that you inform the people who need to know, especially if you are part of a group project.
Also check out our testimonial request forms.
Blank Time Off Request Form
Company Time Off Request Form
Compensatory Time Off Request Form
Generic Time Off Request Form
Essential Tips for Creating Time Off Request Forms
If you wish to create your own time off request form, you can use these free forms together with the essential tips that we have gathered. Also available are key request forms and estimate request forms.
- A header or title is best placed at the top of the sheet so that it can be easily distinguished from the other forms that are used within the company or organization.
- Provide instructions on how to fill out the time off request form that you have created, as well as instruction on when to file and how to submit your request. This way the employees will be made aware of what to do.
- Be clear and concise when providing the instructions. You don’t want employees dropping by your office asking about this and that and other things written in the time off request form.
- You can provide the types of time off that employees can take advantage of together with their description so that the employees can be made aware of what are available for them.
- You can enumerate or specify the grounds that are permissible in your company for you to be able to take advantage of a time off.
- Create a section that asks for the signature of your direct head.
- Create another section that requires the signature of the human resource head in your company.
- You may choose to create a layout made of a table or a form with check boxes. No matter what time off request form you are going to make, always choose the appropriate layout for the details you want to include.
- Make use of available sample time off request forms as your reference or compare your own form with it.
Personal Time Off Request Form
Simple Time Off Request Form
Teacher Time Off Request Form
What Is the Purpose of Time Off Request Form?
- A time off request form is filled out by employees who wish to request for a time off on certain dates.
- This form serves as an employee’s formal request for a time off, as a substitute for a letter of request.
- The use of a time off request form in a company or institution provides a standard and uniform way of filling or requesting for a time off, and to be able to cater to the time off requests submitted.
How to Decline Time Off Request
If you are a manager or one of those who has the authority to decline a time off request, then you might find the steps below useful.
- There should be time off request policies in place so that every employee knows what happens when a time off request is declined.
- Explain to the employee why their request has been declined. They have the right to know the reason, especially if you are declining a time off request from a performing employee.
- If you must decline a time off request, notify the employee ahead of time to let them know about it.
Unpaid Time Off Request Form
Work Time Off Request Form
Physician Time Off Request Form
Dos and Don’ts of Time Off Request
- Do provide a policy for requesting time off requests. This will inform your employees what to do to request for time off and the best time to request one.
- Do require all of the employees to use a time off request form to formally request their desired time off.
- Do provide a list of reasons why a time off request might be declined or retracted.
- Do always follow the time off request policies or the standard procedure provided for time off requests.
- Do plan out the dates for your time off request to avoid last-minute changes.
- Do let your employees know why their request got declined and the other employees got approved.
- Do make sure that you have considered the company’s productivity before you approved or declined the time off request.
- Don’t make last-minute time off requests as this may possibly be declined or ruined the forecasted schedules.
- Don’t make last-minute changes. Although it might be approved at some point, it is very troublesome for both the managers and supervisors.
- Don’t be arrogant when explaining to your employees why their request has been declined.
FREE 5+ Award Nomination Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Mentor Application Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Tutoring Permission Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Tutorial Request Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Tutor Request Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Tutor Report Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Tutor Registration Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Tutor Observation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Tutor Information Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Tutor Evaluation Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Tutor Agreement Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Software Request Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Tutor Consent Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Special Education Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Change Order Forms in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages | Numbers