A bill of sale is a legal document or certificate that transfers the ownership of goods from one person to another person. It serves as a concrete evidence that there has been a transaction between the seller and buyer and that they both have an agreement that the former has transferred all the rights of the property to the latter.
In this article, we will be presenting to you nine Bill of Sale Samples that you can refer to whenever there is a need for you to sell some of your assets such as your vehicle, house and lot, gun, and much more. Check out the samples listed below.
DMV Bill of Sales Form
Bill of Sales Notice Form
Aircraft Bill of Sales Form
Vessel Bill of Sales Form
Trade Bill of Sales Form
What Is a Bill of Sale?
It is a document that a seller issues to the buyer when there has been a sale transaction between the two. It proves that the transaction did exist between the two parties. This is crucial for times when there is a need to file for taxes and can also be used in the future should there be other transactions such as a mortgage, dispute, or resale of said property.
A bill of sale rules and regulations may vary per state. Make sure you check with your local authorities about how you can issue these documents (see DMV Bill of Sale Samples).
Why Use a Bill of Sale?
- It is the most legal evidence a seller can have to prove the sale transaction with a buyer.
- Details about the sale are complete including the most important information such as the date of the transaction, product details, the VIN (if the property sold was a car), the price of the property, the mortgage (if any), product warranty (if still applicable), etc.
- It can be used when the buyer has plans of reselling the product in the future.
Auto Bill of Sales Form
Gun Bill of Sales Form
Boat Bill of Sales Form
Vehicle Bill of Sales Form
Blank Notarized Bill of Sales Form
Contents of a Bill of Sale
- The name of the seller, contact details, and signature
- The name of the buyer, contact details, and signature
- The statement that mentions that the item is being sold by the seller
- A complete description of the item such as the serial number, the model, color, warranty, etc.
- The date the item was sold
- The price of the item including the currency used
- A statement that states there are no illegal actions done to the item being sold
- Name and signature of the witness
Why Use Sample Bill of Sales Forms?
- The sample bill of sale forms can be used for various sales transactions.
- These templates are highly accessible through this article making it easy to download.
- The templates can be downloaded at no cost.
- There is nine Sample Bill of Sale Forms that are in different layouts, designs, and formats.
- Editing is convenient since these templates are designed to be in layouts that are very easy to customize. They are also designed to ensure that all details about the sale are complete.
- These templates come in PDF (.pdf) and Word Document (.doc) format, which makes saving in devices an easy task since they are pretty lightweight.
FREE 10+ Special Education Form Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 23+ Sample Acknowledgement of Service Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Intake Form Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Enrollment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Faculty Self Assessment Samples in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Employment Application Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Delivery Note Form Samples [ Bike, Commercial, Tax ]
FREE 10+ School Accident Report Form Samples [ Student, Bus, Primary ]
FREE 10+ Annual Evaluation Form Samples [ Employee, Manager, Performance ]
FREE 10+ Stop Direct Deposit Form Samples [ Cancel, Unemployment, Authorization ]
FREE 5+ Request to Transfer Employee Samples [ Internal, Position, Classified ]
FREE 10+ Time-Off Request Form Samples [ Paid, Work, Vacation ]
FREE 10+ Personnel Requisition Form Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 50+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 73+ Application Form Samples in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs