Being a student is a full-time job. You’ve got to know how to balance your academics, your social life, your family life, extracurricular activities while making sure you have enough time for exercise and get plenty of sleep. While it’s a challenge juggling all that, some admirable students go even further by seeking more opportunities by pursuing further studies.
Resumes aren’t easy to make. It is, after all, a piece of paper that makes or breaks your employment. Whether for an internship, a job, or for graduate school, it is essential that you must know how to make a resume that’ll make you a shoo-in for an interview. Check out these Sample Resumes for students that major in different fields.
Sample Engineering Student Resume
Nurse Student Resume PDF
Law Student Resume Example
Accounting Student Resume
Student Welder Resume
Here are some tips on writing a Resume for College Students who want to pursue further studies:
Huge paychecks and a respectable title, who wouldn’t want to be a lawyer? With millions of people trying to shove their way in, law schools have become particularly selective. Here’s some way you could make sure your resume is strong enough to grant you that interview:
Don’t be Stuck in the Past. Cut anything from high school. Instead, highlight your achievements during your pre-law years.
This is an Academic Resume. Make sure that what you’ve achieved academically star in your resume, including papers you’ve written or additional coursework you’ve done.
Add Depth. Make sure that what you’ve listed as your interests and skills aren’t shallow. Back them up with related experiences and achievements.
Medicine, like law, is a job most kids grow up wanting. Medicine is definitely not easy, but there are those to whom the field calls. If you are among these people, here are some ways to boost your resume for medical school:
- Highlight Academic Achievements. Aspiring doctors have to be intellectually gifted. If not, they should at least be determined and hardworking. Your academic records will show one or both of these.
- Be balanced. Doctors aren’t robots. Include extracurricular activities in your resume that display skills you think a doctor would need.
- Conduct Research. Medical school involves a lot of research. Having your name tacked in a few journal articles wouldn’t be a bad thing.
Nurses are perceived to be kind and nurturing. Nursing Student Resumes are challenging to write as you have to balance professionalism while including a bit of heart in.
- Academic Achievements Matter. Nursing students are students of science. Having a good head on your shoulders would be advantageous.
- Show Your Heart. Make sure you have a lot of volunteer works and charity events listed. Show that you have a good heart and caring nature. Participating in volunteer works might also demonstrate patience and the ability to multitask.
- Other Skills Are Still Relevant. Aside from showing you have patient-care skills, you still have to prove you have other skills that make you seem competent, like communication skills.
Finance Student Resume
MBA Student Resume
Graduate Student Resume
Student Skills Resume
Medical Student Resume
It’s difficult having to compete with a million other like-minded individuals for a spot you might want, so as early as high school, it might be a good idea to start building the resume that would set you apart. Click here to see what a High School Student Resume should look like.
6+ Sample Hostess Resumes – PDF, DOC
9+ Curriculum Vitae Examples – PDF, Word
8+ Basic Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
7+ Hostess Resumes Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in PDF
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in Word, PDF
Simple Guide to Creating Your Own Resume
Curriculum Vitae vs. Resume
31+ Professional Manager Resume Samples
42+ Professional Fresher Resumes
11 Customer Service Resumes to Download
7 College Student Resume Templates Download for Free
22+ Resume Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
10 Resume Writing Samples & Templates
5 Quick Fixes to Long Resume Samples & Templates