In most companies, the Human Resources team will receive resumes after resumes. As reported on Inc., each corporate job opening draws an average of 250 resumes. That is why you have to make sure that your document will stand out from the rest so you can clinch the job you want. A simple resume format will do, but nothing beats a modern resume design. Capture the eyes of your prospective employer with the help of these modern resume templates provided below.
18+ Modern Resume Samples
1. Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Template
2. Computer Support Technician Resume
3. Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Template
4. Chief Plant Operator Resume Template
5. Head Teacher Resume Template
6. Interactive Manager Resume Template
7. Sample Instructor Resume Template
8. Home Builder Resume Template
9. Installation Manager Resume Template
10. Inside Sales Manager Resume Template
11. Modern CV Template PDF
12. Modern Resume Template
13. Modern Professional Resume
14. Clean Modern Resume Set
15. Modern Ribbon Resume Sample
16. Modern Resume Layout
17. Modern Resume Template PDF Free Download
18. Modern Resume Template Doc
19. Modern Resume Template for Free Download
What Is a Modern Resume?
Just like the traditional resume layout we use to apply for a job, a modern professional resume is a document used to present an applicant’s educational background, work history, skills, and accomplishments. It helps the recruiters evaluate the people who are vying for the position and choose the one who deserves it best.
Modern Resume: The Design Elements
Research suggests that a recruiter will only look at a resume for six seconds to decide whether or not a candidate is perfect for the position. So make the most out of it. Aside from curating the best content for your resume, you should also exert effort in laying out the details you include in it. To help you with that, here are the design elements of a not-so-basic resume example.
- Fonts – The font style you choose will say a lot about you as a person. But bear in mind that you are applying for a job in the modern corporate world. So, shy away from serif fonts and start switching to sans serif ones.
- Colors – Your resume will stand out if you incorporate colors in it. However, you have to keep the color scheme of your document simple to maintain its formality.
- Length – The length of your resume depends on the experiences you have. A one-page or two-page resume should be enough for you to provide a summary of your job experience and educational background.
- Skimmability – If you take a look at modern resume format examples, they are usually easy to skim. Guide the reader of your document by highlighting the most relevant information. It would also help to use bullets instead of writing paragraphs.
How Do You Write a Modern Resume
If you want to create an effective resume in no time, then using a modern resume template will be the best choice. You can also read about resume writing examples so you can pen your content in a way that would spark the recruiter’s interest. Want to know how they do it? Here’s how:
1. Divide the Available Spaces
Before you start typing in the information you want to include in your resume, you have to work on its layout first. Divide the page into various sections—each for a specific category (e.g., skills, experience, achievements). This way, you will know the available space you have. Just like the best resume templates, it is preferable to divide your resume into columns.
2. Choose a Format
There are two main formats you can choose from in writing a resume, specifically, reverse chronological and functional. The reverse chronological puts emphasis on your work experience. On the other hand, a functional resume format enables you to highlight your skills and achievements.
3. Mention Necessary Details
Prove to the recruiters that you are the best candidate for the position by mentioning relevant skills, achievements, and work experience. Reading the job description and qualifications of a job posting will work at your advantage. Doing so allows you to specifically tailor the information you present to what the company needs.
4.Review Your Design
Lastly, take the time to evaluate your resume. Remember the design elements we’ve discussed beforehand, and use it as a basis in assessing your document.
What is the latest resume format?
The chronological format remains the most common format for resumes. In this arrangement, you have to list down your work experience in chronological order. You have to start from the most recent one down to the other positions you’ve handled from the former companies you’ve worked for.
How do I get my resume noticed?
Your resume should have the perfect balance of content and design for the employers to notice it. That is why you have to customize your resume, highlight your achievements, and include your most relevant skills.
Can I pay someone to write my resume?
Although you can hire someone to write your resume, no one knows you better than yourself. For this reason, we would not recommend you to pay for another individual, a graphic designer perhaps, to create your resume. If you want a hassle-free resume writing process, you may download the best resume formats in Word provided in this article.
It is not nearly always that you land on your dream job on the first try. Most of the time, it takes more than one resume to get the position. Remember that there are still other candidates vying for the same job. So if you don’t fill that vacant position on the first try, don’t give up just yet! Maybe you need to improve your resume so that it would stand out from the rest. What are you waiting for? Create an attention-grabbing resume and send it to your prospective employers.
FREE 9+ Sample Chronological Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Civil Engineer Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Indesign | Publisher | Pages
FREE 6+ Sample Chronological Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 8+ Minimalist Infographic Resume Samples in DOCX | PDF | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign
FREE 20+ Useful Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Theatre Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 6+ Sample Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 6+ Chronological Resume Templates in MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD