Applying for a job position in the health-care industry can be difficult because of the high standards that health-providing institutions uphold.
If you are currently thinking about applying for a medical assistant position, then you need to make sure that you submit a well-crafted and captivating resume. To help guide you through your resume-making, refer to our medical assistant sample resumes that you can download for free. Scroll down below and select the ones that serve your needs.
Sample Certified Medical Assistant Resume
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Example
Entry-Level Medical Assistant Resume
Medical Support Assistant Resume
Medical Assistant Job Description Resume
Can You Be a Medical Assistant?
Before you create your resume, you need to assess yourself first whether or not you are capable of performing the functions a medical assistant entails. To help guide you through your self-assessment, here are the basic responsibilities of a medical assistant:
- Compiles medical records and charts
- Processes insurance payments and verifies health insurance claims
- Enters patient data on computer system
- Transfers lab results to the appropriate physician/clinic staff
- Ensures that the lobby or front desk provides the patients with a clean and comfortable environment
- Answers phone calls and inquiries regarding appointments and etc.
- Greets patients and the persons accompanying them
- Checks in patients at the front desk. This function includes making the patient sign up a form that contains slots for the patient to fill in their personal information, contact numbers, and their pertinent medical history.
- Assesses the condition of the patient through basic interviewing and schedules them to have appointments with the appropriate department
Now that you have ascertained that, indeed, you are ready to become a medical assistant, then it is now time to prepare yourself for the entire application process. If you want to have a glimpse of how most resumes look like, feel free to browse through our resume collections or you may also check out the contents of the following links:
Professional Medical Assistant Resume
Medical Assistant Resume Job Summary
Medical Administrative Assistant Resume
Experienced Medical Assistant Resume
Job Application Preparation
Here’s a guide for you to follow when you are new or even experienced in job hunting. There are basic steps that you need to do:
- Scour the Internet and newspapers for job postings and job advertisements.
- Create a list of the jobs you are interested to apply for.
- Afterward, research about the nature of the company/ies and the job description of the job positions you are interested in.
- Prepare a resume. Make sure your resume is tailored in such a way that it fits the necessary skills and attributes that is looked for in the job position you are applying for. In order to know more about writing resumes, refer to the formats and content that we offer on this page; for a more general sample of a resume, our Professional Summary Resumes can also provide you with informative reference.
- Write a cover letter. A cover letter should only be one-page long. It should provide a concise overview of your resume. For more information about writing cover letters, read the cover letter samples on our website using the search bar.
- Prepare yourself for the initial interview. List down the possible questions you might encounter in a job interview and try to prepare answers for it so that when you are interviewed, you won’t get carried away by anxiety or, worse, mental block.
- Send all your credentials and wait for an invitation for an initial interview! Now that you have prepared yourself and your documents, it is time to send your documents to all prospect companies and cross your fingers while waiting for an interview invite!
FREE 8+ Minimalist Infographic Resume Samples in DOCX | PDF | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | Indesign
FREE 20+ Useful Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Theatre Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Acting Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | Publisher | Pages
FREE 6+ Sample Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 18+ Modern Resume Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 6+ Chronological Resume Templates in MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF