An account manager is very essential for the operations of the company especially in achieving the quota of the sales team. Directly working for the sales growth of a business, an account manager’s task is to be able to continuously bring traffic that will consume the products and/or services of the company where he or she is working at.
Being an account manager does not necessarily mean that you are handling an executive post. It can be a rank-and-file position in the company where its primary function is to help manage and handle sales accounts.
Here a few Sample Resumes that you may use should you want to apply for an account manager post.
Senior Account Manager Resume Sample
Sales Account Manager Resume
Strategic Account Manager Resume
Senior Account Manager Resume
Account Receivable Manager Resume
If you want to build a good work history in being an account manager that you may soon put in your resume, you need to be able to understand the two main functions of an account manager first, which are as follows:
- Handle existing accounts and assure that specific clients return. Varying on companies, account managers have different functions when it comes to handling accounts. Especially in the service industry, like a hotel or a resort, account managers need to assure that they are involved in the process of giving customer satisfaction to the accounts that he or she is handling. This means that the account manager must be present in all the aspects of the transaction made by the clients from inquiry, actual signing of contracts, follow-ups, main event, up to the cleanup.
- Get new accounts that will help the company achieve its sales goals. Every account manager has specific accounts to handle. There might also be specific target markets that they need to penetrate by getting new clients. This can be done by setting appointments to companies, doing sales calls, creating and sending e-mail blasts, and meeting new and prospect clients during events like trade shows and exhibits.
Should you want to be promoted from an account manager post or any other job, you may take a look at our sample Manager Resume and Assistant Manager Resume so they can serve as your guide in creating your own.
Account Payable Manager Resume
Account Manager Job Description for Resume
Sample Account Manager Resume
Account Manager for Bank Resume
Other companies call account managers as account executives. The functions of account managers depend on the nature of the company that they are working at. Though, one job duty that should always remain is for them to keep professional relationships with clients so they can achieve the sales target given by the company.
If you want to have an account manager post for a career, you should have the following qualifications:
- Background in sales is a major advantage
- Being able to communicate well
- Building rapport with clients should be easy while still maintaining professionalism
- Ability to hit sales targets
- Knowledge in the industry you are working at
- Good customer service
- Keen attention to details
We have downloadable Account Manager Resumes that may help you in your application in this position. Moreover, we also have available Accounting Manager Job Description Samples should this be the reference that you need.
6+ Sample Hostess Resumes – PDF, DOC
9+ Curriculum Vitae Examples – PDF, Word
8+ Basic Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
7+ Hostess Resumes Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in PDF
8+ Sample Event Coordinator Resumes in Word, PDF
Simple Guide to Creating Your Own Resume
Curriculum Vitae vs. Resume
31+ Professional Manager Resume Samples
42+ Professional Fresher Resumes
11 Customer Service Resumes to Download
7 College Student Resume Templates Download for Free
22+ Resume Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
10 Resume Writing Samples & Templates
5 Quick Fixes to Long Resume Samples & Templates