A sales receipt contains all the details concerning a consumer’s purchase. It is a written proof that items and products have been paid and that they are already properties of the buyer.
There are various types of receipts used in sales and it depends on the company or industry to use the type that they think is suitable for their operations.
You need to look closely on your sales receipt as it contains all the information about your purchase. These Sample Receipts can show what sales and other receipts contain that will help you analyze why looking at the details written in your sales receipt is important.
Used Car Sales Receipt Sample
Blank Sales Receipt Example
Sales Receipt Worksheet Printable
Standard Sales Tax Receipt
Purchase Sales Receipt
Sales Receipt for Esthetic Service
Your sales receipt should have the following information:
- Date and time of purchase. This is important especially if you bought items, like electronic devices, that have warranty dates. The time frame where you can actually replace them with a new item should they malfunction due to a factory defect depends on your date of purchase and the terms provided by the store.
- The name and address of the establishment where you made the purchase. This will help you prove that you have bought items in that specific store should you found out later that there are missing items in your purchase or any other concerns. CCTV replays are always available to back up your claim.
- Name of the cashier that processed your transaction. It is easier to get claims and other areas of concern if you know who made your transaction as it can be seen on their daily counter reports.
- The list and number of items that you have bought. Some guards of selected establishments check if all the items in your shopping bags is the same with what was stated in your receipt.
- The amount you paid. This will mainly affect the sales report of the store personnel in the cash register should the amount be wrong.
- The change that you should receive. This will remind you to double check the receipt given by the cashier.
Sales Receipt in Word
Personal Sales Receipt to Download
Retail Sales Receipt in PDF
Basic Merchandise Sales Receipt
Knowing what is in your sales receipt will help you be more cautious when you are already leaving the store where you made a purchase. It will help you identify if
- there are items in the list that are punched more than the number that you bought,
- there are items on sale but is machine punched on its original amount,
- there are items that are not on the list but you are sure you have bought,
- you have given the amount of money as payment as to what is in your receipt,
- you got the correct amount of change,
- there are items that you can still return should it be damaged, and
- all the information in your sales receipt are accurate.
If you already have a full grasp on what a sales receipt is and what is in it, we have Sample Payment Receipts as it can be the next type of receipt that you want to familiarize yourself with.
19+ Restaurant Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
23+ Donation Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel, Pages
7+ Sample Advance Payment Receipts – Word, PDF
27 Free Payment Receipts
42+ Payment Receipt Samples
11+ Business Receipt Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Contractor Receipt Samples
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples