A sales receipt contains all the details concerning a consumer’s purchase. It is a written proof that items and products have been paid and that they are already properties of the buyer. There are various types of receipts used in sales and it depends on the company or industry to use the type that they think is suitable for their operations.
You need to look closely on your sales receipt as it contains all the information about your purchase. These Sample Receipts can show what sales and other receipts contain that will help you analyze why looking at the details written in your sales receipt is important.
Sales Receipt Template
Simple Sales Receipt
Used Car Sales Receipt Sample
Blank Sales Receipt Example
Sales Receipt Worksheet Printable
Standard Sales Tax Receipt
Purchase Sales Receipt
Sales Receipt for Esthetic Service
Your sales receipt should have the following information:
- Date and time of purchase. This is important especially if you bought items, like electronic devices, that have warranty dates. The time frame where you can actually replace them with a new item should they malfunction due to a factory defect depends on your date of purchase and the terms provided by the store.
- The name and address of the establishment where you made the purchase. This will help you prove that you have bought items in that specific store should you found out later that there are missing items in your purchase or any other concerns. CCTV replays are always available to back up your claim.
- Name of the cashier that processed your transaction. It is easier to get claims and other areas of concern if you know who made your transaction as it can be seen on their daily counter reports.
- The list and number of items that you have bought. Some guards of selected establishments check if all the items in your shopping bags is the same with what was stated in your receipt.
- The amount you paid. This will mainly affect the sales report of the store personnel in the cash register should the amount be wrong.
- The change that you should receive. This will remind you to double check the receipt given by the cashier.
Sales Receipt in Word
Personal Sales Receipt to Download
Retail Sales Receipt in PDF
Basic Merchandise Sales Receipt
Knowing what is in your sales receipt will help you be more cautious when you are already leaving the store where you made a purchase. It will help you identify if
- there are items in the list that are punched more than the number that you bought,
- there are items on sale but is machine punched on its original amount,
- there are items that are not on the list but you are sure you have bought,
- you have given the amount of money as payment as to what is in your receipt,
- you got the correct amount of change,
- there are items that you can still return should it be damaged, and
- all the information in your sales receipt are accurate.
If you already have a full grasp on what a sales receipt is and what is in it, we have Sample Payment Receipts as it can be the next type of receipt that you want to familiarize yourself with.
FREE 15+ Receipt Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Receipt Voucher Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE How to Create a Car Rental Receipt [9+ Samples]
FREE 17+ Sample Payment Receipt Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Car Payment Receipts in MS Word | PDF
FREE 16+ Printable Hotel Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Taxi Receipt Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages
FREE 7+ Sample House Rent Receipts in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Receipt Book Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Online Receipt Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Personal Analysis Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 26+ Payment Receipt Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Apple Pages | Numbers
FREE 5+ Non Profit Receipt Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Honorarium Receipt Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Advance Receipt Samples in PDF | DOC