If you are applying for a job, then you must be aware of how tough the competition is in the professional realm. You need to up your game by submitting a magnetizing cover letter together with your resume and recommendation letter.
If you want to get that job, it would be of immense help to you if scour all available resources for your reference or guide in writing a cover letter. Here at sampletemplates.com, we have collected a variety of Sample Cover Letters that can be used by any type of professional aiming to attain a professional position.
Sample Professional Cover Letter for Job Application
Professional Customer Service Cover Letter Example
Professional Business Cover Letter Sample
Professional Cover Letter Format Example
What Are Professional Cover Letters?
Cover letters are documents that are attached to a resume or CV and a job recommendation letter. A cover letter is a document written by a professional job applicant with the intent of convincing the hiring manager or the recruiter that the said applicant is the most fitting candidate for the vacant job position.
What Does a Professional Cover Letter Contain?
- The Recipient’s Information: name of the hiring manager, name of company, address of company, contact details
- Job Applicant’s Basic Information: complete name, address
- Formal Greeting: Dear Sir/Ma’am
- Statement of Intent to Apply for a Specific Job Position: in this case, you are applying for the medical assistant job position
- Statement of the Applicant’s Qualifications: relevant skills, educational attainment, previous work experience
- Brief Narration of Specific Circumstances: circumstances in the past when the job applicant has applied and exhibited the enumerated qualities and skills
- Applicant’s Contact Details: mobile number, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Formal Closing: “Respectfully yours,” “Yours truly,” “Sincerely,” “Best Regards”
We also have Cover Letters for Customer Service that you might be interested in.
Professional Student Cover Letter Sample
Professional Cover Letter for Internship
Professional Sales Cover Letter Example
Why Are Cover Letters Important?
- It allows you to grab the attention of the recruiter/hiring manager. Before the initial interview, the hiring manager usually does a quick scan of your pre-interview documents (e.g. resume, cover letter, recommendation letter). This provides them with a brief overview of you and thus they will be able to gauge your qualifications. A cover letter, therefore, is your opportunity to capture the hiring manager’s attention and direct it toward your qualifications that are concurrent with the qualifications required for the job you are applying for.
- It allows you to add information that are difficult to inculcate in your resume. Information about yourself such as your values, passions, and other qualifications that cannot be explained in a standardized resume. As long as you remember to keep your tone professional, it is always advantageous for you if you provide the recruiter with a visual image of how you are as a person and what your motivations are.
- It provides you with a more creative platform for highlighting your skills and salient experiences.
- It can serve as a backup plan in case your initial interview didn’t go well. It is unavoidable that sometimes interviews get out of hand or simply that we won’t dazzle our recruiters during the interview because of anxiety (or other factors). That’s why if you already submitted a cover letter, your recruiter might still give you another chance (the final interview) if upon perusal of your cover letter, they can sense that you are actually fit for the job despite your lackluster performance during the initial interview.
Now that you know the advantages of crafting a cover letter, go ahead and write one now! If you want more reference, check out our collection of Cover Letters for Job Application, which are also available for free download.
10+ Sample Employee Thank-You Letters
10+ Student Reference Letters
10+ Employee Resignation Letters – DOC, Apple Pages
9+ Sample Recommendation Letter for High School Students
11+ Sample Job Recommendation Letters
8+ Sample Nursing Reference Letters
11+ Nurse Reference Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF