If you are applying for a job, then you must be aware of how tough the competition is in the professional realm. You need to up your game by submitting a magnetizing cover letter together with your resume and recommendation letter.
If you want to get that job, it would be of immense help to you if scour all available resources for your reference or guide in writing a cover letter. Here at sampletemplates.com, we have collected a variety of Sample Cover Letters that can be used by any type of professional aiming to attain a professional position.
Sample Professional Cover Letter for Job Application
Professional Customer Service Cover Letter Example
Professional Business Cover Letter Sample
Professional Cover Letter Format Example
What Are Professional Cover Letters?
Cover letters are documents that are attached to a resume or CV and a job recommendation letter. A cover letter is a document written by a professional job applicant with the intent of convincing the hiring manager or the recruiter that the said applicant is the most fitting candidate for the vacant job position.
What Does a Professional Cover Letter Contain?
- The Recipient’s Information: name of the hiring manager, name of company, address of company, contact details
- Job Applicant’s Basic Information: complete name, address
- Formal Greeting: Dear Sir/Ma’am
- Statement of Intent to Apply for a Specific Job Position: in this case, you are applying for the medical assistant job position
- Statement of the Applicant’s Qualifications: relevant skills, educational attainment, previous work experience
- Brief Narration of Specific Circumstances: circumstances in the past when the job applicant has applied and exhibited the enumerated qualities and skills
- Applicant’s Contact Details: mobile number, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Formal Closing: “Respectfully yours,” “Yours truly,” “Sincerely,” “Best Regards”
We also have Cover Letters for Customer Service that you might be interested in.
Professional Student Cover Letter Sample
Professional Cover Letter for Internship
Professional Sales Cover Letter Example
Professional Cover Letter Template
Why Are Cover Letters Important?
- It allows you to grab the attention of the recruiter/hiring manager. Before the initial interview, the hiring manager usually does a quick scan of your pre-interview documents (e.g. resume, cover letter, recommendation letter). This provides them with a brief overview of you and thus they will be able to gauge your qualifications. A cover letter, therefore, is your opportunity to capture the hiring manager’s attention and direct it toward your qualifications that are concurrent with the qualifications required for the job you are applying for.
- It allows you to add information that are difficult to inculcate in your resume. Information about yourself such as your values, passions, and other qualifications that cannot be explained in a standardized resume. As long as you remember to keep your tone professional, it is always advantageous for you if you provide the recruiter with a visual image of how you are as a person and what your motivations are.
- It provides you with a more creative platform for highlighting your skills and salient experiences.
- It can serve as a backup plan in case your initial interview didn’t go well. It is unavoidable that sometimes interviews get out of hand or simply that we won’t dazzle our recruiters during the interview because of anxiety (or other factors). That’s why if you already submitted a cover letter, your recruiter might still give you another chance (the final interview) if upon perusal of your cover letter, they can sense that you are actually fit for the job despite your lackluster performance during the initial interview.
Now that you know the advantages of crafting a cover letter, go ahead and write one now! If you want more reference, check out our collection of Cover Letters for Job Application, which are also available for free download.
FREE 5+ Contractor Letter of Intent Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Notice To Vacate Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 29+ Sample Letter of Interests in PDF | MS Word
FREE 55+ Sample Invitation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs
FREE 26+ Sample HR Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Salary Negotiation Letter Templates in MS Word
FREE 16+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 35+ Sample Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 24+ Sample Retirement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Resignation Letter for Family Reasons in Apple Pages | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 30+ Sample Quotation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 31+ Sample Thank You Letters for Appreciation in PDF | Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 16+ Sample Business Invitation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Recommendation Letter for Colleague in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs