The corporate and educational setting are both teeming with tough competition in all aspects. From hiring employees to accepting student-applicants, these institutions utilize a tight screening process in assessing who to accept in their institutions/organizations. It is for this reason that submitting one’s credentials is no longer sufficient no matter how stellar one’s credentials my be; it is never a guarantee that one can get the spot or position that he/she is aiming for. Hence, the submission of a captivating personal reference letter has become necessary.
Whether you are writing in behalf of a student or a job applicant, you need to be able to captivate the attention of the letter-recipient by crafting a detailed, well-though-out reference letter. In order to do this, you can refer to our personal reference Sample Letters on this page that are available for free download.
Personal Reference Letter Sample
Printable Personal Reference Letter in PDF
Scholarship Personal Reference Letter Example
Personal Reference Letter Format
Personal Reference Letters
A personal reference letter is also known as the character reference letter. This letter aims to give more light to the applicant’s character and less on his/her job-specific qualifications. The aspects of the applicant that are being highlighted in this letter are his/her values, virtues, intellectual capabilities, commendable moral code, and his/her integrity in dealing with other people.
Personal Reference Letter vs. Professional Reference Letters
Unlike the more rigid, structured, and formal nature of a professional reference letter, a personal reference letter, on the other hand, gives more illumination on the more subjective and more human attributes of the applicant.
Personal Reference Letter for Students
Personal reference letter for students are letters that are sent to prestigious educational institutions with the purpose of ensuring that a student-applicant would get a slot in the degree program that he/she is applying for. A personal reference letter for students should
- highlight the prospective student’s exemplary intellectual capabilities,
- emphasize the prospective student’s ferocious tenacity in completing academic projects and goals,
- focus on the applicant’s organized and effective study habits,
- mention the prospective student’s impressive ability to concentrate for long periods of time in understanding academic subjects, and
- explain how the prospective student’s social awareness prods him/her to utilize the knowledge that he/she has learned in the school setting to help promote social justice.
For more information about how a reference letter should look like, feel free to download the templates on this page. You can also check out the template on the following links:
Personal Reference Letter Example
Personal Reference Letter for a Friend
Personal Reference Letter for Employment
Personal Reference Letter for Employment
An Employment Reference Letter is a type of personal reference letter that is intended to increase a job applicant’s chances of getting hired. This should emphasize the skills that are concurrent with the ones that are required of the job position that the applicant is planning to apply for.
Personal Reference Letter for Scholarship
This letter aims to convince the prospective scholarship grantor that a scholarship applicant is worthy of such a grant. If you are writing this letter, make sure you include the following:
- The student-applicant’s indomitable drive to pursue the degree with which he/she is seeking scholarship for.
- The current state of the applicant’s financial affairs. Of course, scholarship grantors don’t want to waste their funds on students who have a safety net of cash to fall back on whenever academic challenges prove to be insurmountable. They need the assurance that the applicant genuinely needs the financial assistance.
- The student applicant’s plan on giving back to the company, the scholarship grantor, or to the community as a whole by studying a certain academic program.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF