Many people send letters to other people for a number of reasons. Letters are written or printed documents that contain a message, used for personal purposes or for business. In business, letters are formal documents sent from one organization to another and are used as a form of communication between two parties.
There are various types of letters that people use depending on the purpose. Some examples of letters are thank-you letters, love letters, business letters, and recommendation letters. If you need a resignation letter, the sample letters available on this page are downloadable. You can choose from our well-made letters below.
Public Official Resignation Letter
Official Formal Resignation Format
Importance of Writing a Resignation Letter
When you decide to quit your job in order to seek new opportunities to grow professionally, it is important to submit a letter of resignation to your current employer. Writing a letter of resignation is important to formally inform them that you have decided to leave for whatever reason it may be. To avoid having a strained relationship with the company, it is necessary to write one.
How to Write a Resignation Letter
To help you write your resignation letter, here are the steps in writing one. For reference in formatting your letter, the formal resignation letter samples available on this page will be useful to you.
- The first step in creating a resignation letter is to write a formal but friendly salutation. For example, you can write the word Dear followed by the name of your boss.
- Clearly state that you have decided to resign from your job and your reason for leaving.
- Indicate in your letter the date you plan on leaving your position. It is important that you render a couple of weeks before leaving to ensure that the company has time to find a replacement.
- Write your appreciation for your employer by thanking them.
- Create a closing remark.
Official Resignation Sample
Guidelines for Writing and Formatting Your Resignation Letter
Since a resignation letter is a formal document, it is important for a resignation letter to have a good outline or format. To help you in writing and formatting one, the guidelines are as follows:
- Length – a resignation letter usually only has one page. It is important to keep your letter clear and concise, and avoid writing about other unnecessary information.
- Font and Size – the typical fonts usually used in a resignation letter are Times New Roman, Arial, and Calibri.
- Format – To help you format your letter, sample resignation letters are available for download.
Tips in Writing a Resignation Letter
- Always proofread your resignation letter to ensure that it is free from any errors or mistakes.
- Remember to thank your employer for the experiences that you have acquired.
- Always be professional when writing your resignation letter.
- When formatting your resignation letter, always keep it simple.
- Make sure that you consider the terms written in your contract before writing a resignation letter.
- Mention in your resignation letter that you are willing to help out in the transition or training before leaving the job.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF