Many people send letters to other people for a number of reasons. Letters are written or printed documents that contain a message, used for personal purposes or for business. In business, letters are formal documents sent from one organization to another and are used as a form of communication between two parties.
There are various types of letters that people use depending on the purpose. Some examples of letters are thank-you letters, love letters, business letters, and recommendation letters. If you need a resignation letter, the sample letters available on this page are downloadable. You can choose from our well-made letters below.
Public Official Resignation Letter
Official Formal Resignation Format
Importance of Writing a Resignation Letter
When you decide to quit your job in order to seek new opportunities to grow professionally, it is important to submit a letter of resignation to your current employer. Writing a letter of resignation is important to formally inform them that you have decided to leave for whatever reason it may be. To avoid having a strained relationship with the company, it is necessary to write one.
How to Write a Resignation Letter
To help you write your resignation letter, here are the steps in writing one. For reference in formatting your letter, the formal resignation letter samples available on this page will be useful to you.
- The first step in creating a resignation letter is to write a formal but friendly salutation. For example, you can write the word Dear followed by the name of your boss.
- Clearly state that you have decided to resign from your job and your reason for leaving.
- Indicate in your letter the date you plan on leaving your position. It is important that you render a couple of weeks before leaving to ensure that the company has time to find a replacement.
- Write your appreciation for your employer by thanking them.
- Create a closing remark.
Official Resignation Sample
Guidelines for Writing and Formatting Your Resignation Letter
Since a resignation letter is a formal document, it is important for a resignation letter to have a good outline or format. To help you in writing and formatting one, the guidelines are as follows:
- Length – a resignation letter usually only has one page. It is important to keep your letter clear and concise, and avoid writing about other unnecessary information.
- Font and Size – the typical fonts usually used in a resignation letter are Times New Roman, Arial, and Calibri.
- Format – To help you format your letter, sample resignation letters are available for download.
Tips in Writing a Resignation Letter
- Always proofread your resignation letter to ensure that it is free from any errors or mistakes.
- Remember to thank your employer for the experiences that you have acquired.
- Always be professional when writing your resignation letter.
- When formatting your resignation letter, always keep it simple.
- Make sure that you consider the terms written in your contract before writing a resignation letter.
- Mention in your resignation letter that you are willing to help out in the transition or training before leaving the job.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters