While your resume may be your one chance at a good first impression, your cover letter would make the difference on whether or not you’re worth paying attention to. Getting called in for an interview or getting your resume buried under a stack of others depends heavily on the state your cover letter is in. A generic, bland cover letter would not attract a lot of attention, but an eloquently written cover letter could get you noticed.
Here are a few tips on how to successfully compose an attention-grabbing first page and some Sample Cover Letters to help you out.
Hotel Manager Resume Cover Letter Example
Entry Level Accounting Resume Cover Letter Example
RN Resume Cover Letter Example
Basic Resume Cover Letter Format Example
Medical Cover Letter for Resume
A cover letter is a one-page document that, if written right, would persuade the recruitment manager on what makes you perfect for the job. It should encourage the reader to flip the page and give your resume a chance.
There are three types of cover letters:
- An application letter is what you’d write when you know there is a job opening and are applying for it.
- Prospecting letters are written when you’re interested in the company and are hoping that they would have a position available for you, even if there is none advertised.
- A networking letter requests for information and help in your search for a job.
Once you’ve figured out the proper way of writing a cover letter, check out these Examples of Resumes to attach to your letter.
What to Write
Never use the same cover letter for all your job applications. Make sure that your letters are all tailored to fit the company you’re applying for. Here are some tips to keep in mind when composing your cover letter:
- Make sure you have your name and contact information written in. If your e-mail address is funky, create a more professional-sounding one and use that in your job applications and letters.
- Find out to whom you should address the letter to, their title, and the name and the address of the company. If you can’t find these information, you may use “To Whom It May Concern,” but use this as a last resort.
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph and explain how you heard of the job. Mention your relevant skills and experiences.
- In the body of the letter, write why you are interested in the job and why you, of all candidates, are the best fit for it. Be very specific. Pull words out of the job description.
- In the closing paragraph, mention that you would be happy to come in for an interview and ask to be contacted. End the letter with a “thank you.” Affix your signature.
- Reread your letter and check for typos.
Nursing Cover Letter for Resume
Resume Cover Letter for Administrative Assistants
Accounting Cover Letter for Resume
Entry-Level Software Engineer Cover Letter for Resume
Financial Analyst Resume Cover Letter
Resume Cover Letter Template
Remember that a cover letter is not meant to be a photocopy of your resume but is meant to complement it and provide a more personal touch. Download and read these Sample Application Cover Letters should you need more guidance on how to come up with a cover letter that will get you noticed.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]