Cover letters are documents sent alongside your resume. It provides additional or supplementary information about what you have written in your resume. It mentions the reasons as to why you are qualified and are the best person to be hired for the position you are applying for.
With the rise of technology, applying for jobs has been easier through job listing websites and e-mail. With just a few clicks, resumes are sent in a very convenient manner. But as a job applicant, you must always remember that cover letters play a very important role. We feature 6+ Sample Cover Letters that you can send through e-mail and make you a job applicant hiring managers will look forward to meeting.
Sample Resume Email Cover Letter Format
Email Cover Letter Format For Sales Associate Job
Email Cover Letter Format for Internship
Tips in Sending an E-mail Cover Letter
Some companies can be very strict when it comes to job applications. It is always a good idea to follow the instructions of the company, if applicable. Here are a few tips:
- Check if the company wants you to send your cover letters as attachments or as the e-mail itself. If they ask to send it as an attachment, save the files with your name to avoid mix-ups with other applicant’s documents. If they prefer to have your cover letters as the e-mail itself, use a font that is easy to read and do not use any fancy formatting.
- Just like any other formal letter, if you know who you are sending the message to, address it directly to the contact person.
- Your subject line should include your name and the position you are applying for. For example: Jane Doe, Assistant Retail Manager.
- Always include your signature and contact details so that hiring managers can get in touch with you easily.
- Check your e-mail for grammatical errors and typos.
- Send a test message to yourself or to a friend. This is to ensure that all attachments are included and that formatting looks good. If there aren’t any problems with the e-mail, you are now ready to send it to the employer.
Professional Email Cover Letter Format
Formal Email Cover Letter Format Example
Email Cover Letter Format for Job Application
Email Cover Letter Format No Experience
Using E-mail Cover Letter Format Samples
The e-mail cover letters featured in this article are very brief, but they still show a summary of the important elements that you need to highlight in order to sell yourself to the company. To use these templates, all you need to do is choose one that you like and simply download the document. You can copy and paste the content of the template of your choice and replace some of the words to make it more personalized and more like you.
Writing hard copy cover letters are becoming less and less with job applications done electronically. But never forget that cover letters give your resume and overall job application an extra push. Even if the company you applied for is only asking for you to attach a resume, incorporate a short cover letter. It will always be better than just sending a one-line sentence stating, “I have attached my resume. Hope to get in touch with you soon.”
Once you have sent your e-mail job application, the waiting game starts. Following up every now and then is a good idea especially if the job posting does not have a close date.
Planning on changing careers? Check out Career Change Cover Letters and choose one that best suits your preference.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates