Changing careers can be very challenging. You have to prove to employers that you are worthy of the position you will be applying for. This is why you should customize your cover letter to make sure you will be able to properly target your application with the position you applied for.
To help you out, we have collected sample career change cover letters that would be helpful for your change in career. We will also give you a few tips that will give you a better perspective about your decision regarding this circumstance. Just keep reading and make sure you check out the samples we have.
Career Change Cover Letter Template
Sample Cover Letter: Career Changer
Career Change Cover Letter Structure
Tips to Making Your Change in Career Smooth
A change in career can take a big chunk of your time plus, it makes managing of your finances another challenging task. You have to make sure that your decision when it comes to changing careers is final and 100% sure. This lessens the possibility of regretting the decision you have made. To make your transition to a new career smoother than ever, here are some pointers you can take note of.
- Do you need a change in career? Before deciding that you will be changing careers, determine whether you need to do so or otherwise. Maybe you still want to stay in the same industry or you still want to continue doing the same task but with a fresher perspective. You should think about that carefully.
- Do a job self-assessment. The assessment will help you determine if the skills and qualities you possess are going to be transferrable to the new career you have in mind. It will also help you determine if you will be able to transition properly to the new job without encountering too many problems.
- List down the job postings you want to check out. You can make an Excel checklist of all the job postings you are planning to apply to plus their corresponding links or websites. You can then highlight or have a dropdown option for the status of your applications to these postings.
- Narrow down the list. With the list of job postings you have, you can narrow them down to the ones that you like best or to the one that is closest to your targeted career path. Make sure you go through the job description and the requirements of each job posting.
- Gather information. Still from the list you have, gather brief information about the company, the nature of the job, and the company culture. See if you have a contact in each company, or you may also check out employee review samples that you can find on the Internet.
- Set your goals and have a career action plan ready. Writing down what you want to achieve from your career change can help you make an action plan easier. You can make a step-by-step plan to help you reach your new career goals. For example, you can include in your career plan what trainings to make you more qualified for the job you will be applying for.
- Ask yourself again. After doing all of the mentioned, you need to ask yourself again, “Do I really want to change my career path?” If your answer is still “Yes,” it is high time to start writing that resignation letter and say “Hello” to a fresh start.
Transferable Skills Cover Letter Sample
For a Career Change Cover Letter
Template for a Career Change Cover Letter
We hope that you learned a lot from what we have listed down and the sample career change cover letters we have enclosed. We wish you all the best with your new career path!
11+ Sample Notice To Vacate Letters – PDF, MS Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Two Weeks Notice Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Transfer Letters
33+ Sample Appointment Letters to Download – PDF, Google DOC, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Interview Appointment Letters
10+ Sample 30 Days Notice Letters to Landlord In Word
39+ Demand Letter Samples
12+ Demand Letters – PDF, Word, Google Docs, Apple Pages
11+ Letter of Transmittal Examples – Word, PDF, Google Docs, Apple Pages
9+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
12 + Letter of Credit Samples – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
46+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
12 + Notice of Cancellation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
6 Sample Marriage Proposal Letters