One of the many necessities of becoming a successful adult in our societies is having a job. It gives you the freedom to do what you want, to go places, to be yourself, even cultivate your identity. Getting a job, however, isn’t a piece of cake. You need to write documents that are required before you are even considered. One of them is a cover letter.
A cover letter serves as your introduction and as a supplement to your resume. You talk up your work experience and your skills so that hiring managers will take note of you and consider you for an interview. So if you’re looking for a guide for that first job, check out our free downloadable Sample Cover Letters to know more.
Sample Warehouse Resume Cover Letter
Functional Resume Cover Letter
Construction Cover Letter Example for Resume
Engineering Internship Cover Letter
Technical Assistant Resume Cover Letter
Writing a cover letter is your way of introducing yourself to a potential employer. In your letter, you give details of how your past work experience, your skills, strengths, and personality fit perfectly with what they are looking for. It is therefore necessary that you write an excellent cover letter to make sure that you have a chance of landing the job. Here are some tips to make your letter a cut above the rest:
- Don’t rewrite your resume. A cover letter may highlight your skills and work experience, but it is not a paragraph form of your resume. You could instead talk about qualifications that you have that do not appear in a resume, like how your personality complements your skills and work experience.
- Give details of your capabilities. Companies look for individuals who have a strong awareness and enthusiasm to use their capabilities in being up to a task. Do not make the mistake of overemphasizing your education; your employers need to know that you can deliver. Give details of your skills and strengths so that hiring managers will favor you.
- Don’t be apologetic. No one’s perfect, so don’t punish yourself by wallowing over the skills you don’t possess, especially on your cover letter. Emphasize your strengths instead.
- Keep it short. Not only are hiring managers busy, they are also people. They. Get. Bored. So imagine yourself reading a hundred long cover letters. Keep your cover letter short and to the point. Three paragraphs and half a page’s length is perfect.
- Avoid clichés. Avoid using clichés and platitudes in your cover letter. It will appear insincere and mass-produced.
Our free downloadable Basic Cover Letter Samples will give you more ideas on what to write on your cover letter.
Front Office Manager Cover Letter
Cover Letter Sample for Mechanical Engineer Resume
Technical Manager Cover Letter
Child Care Resume Cover Letter
Sales Consultant Cover Letter
Cover Letter Samples For Resume in PDF
Our free sample cover letters span a wide range of different jobs. You can download them and study how they sell themselves—figuratively—to their potential employer. A cover letter is your one-time shot in leaving a lasting impression, so make it count.
Our free cover letter samples come in Word (.doc) format. Studying them will make your letter more natural and genuine. Check out our Sample Application Cover Letters to find out more.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]