One of the many necessities of becoming a successful adult in our societies is having a job. It gives you the freedom to do what you want, to go places, to be yourself, even cultivate your identity. Getting a job, however, isn’t a piece of cake. You need to write documents that are required before you are even considered. One of them is a cover letter.
A cover letter serves as your introduction and as a supplement to your resume. You talk up your work experience and your skills so that hiring managers will take note of you and consider you for an interview. So if you’re looking for a guide for that first job, check out our free downloadable Sample Cover Letters to know more.
Sample Warehouse Resume Cover Letter
Functional Resume Cover Letter
Construction Cover Letter Example for Resume
Engineering Internship Cover Letter
Technical Assistant Resume Cover Letter
Writing a cover letter is your way of introducing yourself to a potential employer. In your letter, you give details of how your past work experience, your skills, strengths, and personality fit perfectly with what they are looking for. It is therefore necessary that you write an excellent cover letter to make sure that you have a chance of landing the job. Here are some tips to make your letter a cut above the rest:
- Don’t rewrite your resume. A cover letter may highlight your skills and work experience, but it is not a paragraph form of your resume. You could instead talk about qualifications that you have that do not appear in a resume, like how your personality complements your skills and work experience.
- Give details of your capabilities. Companies look for individuals who have a strong awareness and enthusiasm to use their capabilities in being up to a task. Do not make the mistake of overemphasizing your education; your employers need to know that you can deliver. Give details of your skills and strengths so that hiring managers will favor you.
- Don’t be apologetic. No one’s perfect, so don’t punish yourself by wallowing over the skills you don’t possess, especially on your cover letter. Emphasize your strengths instead.
- Keep it short. Not only are hiring managers busy, they are also people. They. Get. Bored. So imagine yourself reading a hundred long cover letters. Keep your cover letter short and to the point. Three paragraphs and half a page’s length is perfect.
- Avoid clichés. Avoid using clichés and platitudes in your cover letter. It will appear insincere and mass-produced.
Our free downloadable Basic Cover Letter Samples will give you more ideas on what to write on your cover letter.
Front Office Manager Cover Letter
Cover Letter Sample for Mechanical Engineer Resume
Technical Manager Cover Letter
Child Care Resume Cover Letter
Sales Consultant Cover Letter
Cover Letter Samples For Resume in PDF
Our free sample cover letters span a wide range of different jobs. You can download them and study how they sell themselves—figuratively—to their potential employer. A cover letter is your one-time shot in leaving a lasting impression, so make it count.
Our free cover letter samples come in Word (.doc) format. Studying them will make your letter more natural and genuine. Check out our Sample Application Cover Letters to find out more.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF