Retailers, distributors, and manufacturers alike are aware of the importance of issuing the appropriate type of invoice to their customers that suits the type of transaction made. An invoice samples is an essential document in almost all business transactions as it is a generally acceptable method for requesting payment.
On this page, we discuss briefly the main difference between invoice and receipt. Most importantly, we provide you with several invoice templates that are all designed to suit specific types of transactions that need invoices. Scroll down below and download our templates!
Basic Invoice Template
Invoice Example Template
Invoice Format Template
Massage Invoice Template
SEO Invoice Template
Mobile Shop Invoice Template
Agriculture Invoice Template
Printable Sales Invoices
Car Sale Invoice
Appliances Sales Bill
Free Printable Sales Invoice
Service Tax Receipt
Sales Tax Receipt
Tax Invoice in PDF
What Is a Tax Invoice?
A tax invoice is a specific type of invoice used by large manufacturers and companies to their customers. To make things simpler to understand, a tax invoice is quite different from the usual retail invoice. The following are the differences of a tax invoice and a retail invoice:
- A tax invoice is only issued when one’s customer is another seller or a distributor and not the end consumer. Whereas the retail invoice is issued to consumers.
- As compared to a basic retail invoice, a tax invoice is specifically created for the purpose of indicating the taxable amounts already paid for by the customer-reseller upon purchasing the goods.
- A retail invoice is usually prepared in duplicated while a tax invoice is in triplicates: one for the reseller-customer, one for the main seller, and another for the government’s tax agency so that they may use this as evidence for tax deductions and tax rates.
A tax invoice must contain the following particulars:
- The label which states, “Tax Invoice”
- The name of the company selling the goods
- The name of the customer (usually another company that aims to resell the goods bought)
- The itemization of the goods procured
- The quantity and price of goods
- The tax rate for the taxable items
- The total amount due
- The date due
To know more about the contents of a tax invoice, peruse our free invoices on this page.
Printable Commercial Invoices
Company Commercial Bill
Free Hotel Bill Invoice
Hotel Accommodation Bill
Construction Company Invoice
Construction Job Invoice
Construction Work Invoice
7 Tips for Sending the Perfect Invoice
Sending the perfect invoice to one’s customers is not an easy task. There are several areas of concern you have to address in order to make sure that the invoice you are sending is the most appropriately formatted one. Here are some tips that can help guide you in sending the perfect invoice:
- Make sure that you are following a proper format. First and foremost, a perfect invoice must be credible and formal. Its credibility equally depends on its format and content. That’s why in order to evade misformatting your invoice, it is advisable for you to pattern your invoice according to our website’s Sample Invoice templates.
- Input your company’s basic information. It is essential for you to place the name of your company as well as its logo. Not only is this helpful for your customers to easily remember which item they are asked to pay for but also for branding purposes. If you continue your branding schemes on even your company’s invoices, this will certainly add a great deal to your company’s aura of stability and dependability.
- Don’t forget to include your company’s contact information. This is certainly helpful should your customers have any inquiry as to the contents of the invoice you have sent.
- Provide as much description as formally possible regarding the items you are asking payment for. The more information that your customer would know of the transaction to which you are asking them to make payment for, the more willing they would be in setting their dues.
- Proofread. Before you send an invoice, you must check the items listed and clarify whether or not it is certainly being availed of by your customer.
- Send it on time. An invoice that is sent too late may not obtain a customer that’s willing to pay.
- Attach an invoice letter. If necessary, you can elucidate more on the details of your invoice through the attachment of invoice letters to your invoices.
Business Consulting Receipt
Purchase Invoice Samples
Car Purchase Bill
Goods Purchase Bill
Free Printable Purchase Invoice
Cleaning Service Bill
Courier Service Bill
DJ Service Bill
Graphic Design Bill
Independent Contractor Receipt
General Contractor Bill
Free Printable Contractor Invoice
What Is a Pro Forma Invoice?
A pro forma invoice is a distinct type of invoice. It is vastly different in comparison to the common type of invoice. This specific invoice is a perfect merging of a quotation and an invoice. This invoice contains the partial tally of the cost and prices of a sales transaction.
It serves as a request for payment just like any type of invoice as it is issued after the customer and the business have formally made an agreement on the performance of services or selling of certain goods. However, it is also like a quotation since the prices indicated in the invoice can still be altered either by the prerogative of the business or through the successful negotiation between the customer and business.
Indeed, a pro forma invoice is different from common invoices such as photography invoices, construction invoices, and cleaning service invoices. That is why, if you are in the process of creating a pro forma invoice, you must study closely its form and content as displayed in our relevant templates on this page.
Legal Service Bill
Legal Aid Service
Legal Advice Invoice
Wedding Photography Bill
Freelance Photography Bill
Photography Service Bill
Food Catering Invoice
Catering Service check
Cash Sale Bill
Cash Invoice Format
Cash Sale Receipt
Invoice Submission Guidelines
Are you having trouble getting paid on time? Are your customers avoiding their obligation to settle their dues with your business? Then perhaps there must be some mishap or error on your part in the process of submitting invoices to your customers or clients. Here are some guidelines that can help show you the right way in submitting invoices:
- Always observe the proper formatting rules that apply to the type of invoice you are making. Whether you are creating a tax invoice, a retail invoice, or a pro forma invoice, refer to our sample invoice templates on this page.
- Send your invoice immediately after you have delivered the item purchased or after the performance of the service.
- Notify your customers regarding the invoice you have sent by sending them a simple and urgent email.
- In the event that your customer would refuse to acknowledge the invoice and emails you have sent, you may call them or continually send emails with a rising tone of urgency.
FREE 11+ Sample Contractor Invoices in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 19+ Contractor Invoices in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 22+ Commercial Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 16+ Sample Commercial Invoice Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 16+ Commercial Invoice Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 17+ Commercial Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Service Invoice Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Service Invoice Samples in MS Wordx | Xlsx
FREE 12+ Service Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Bookstore Invoice Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 6+ Rent Invoice Samples in DOCX | PDF | XLSX
FREE 14+ Professional Invoice Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 25+ Sample Invoice Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 8+ Business Invoice Samples in PDF