A Sample Invoice can also be termed as a bill or a receipt. When you purchase something at a store or even when it comes to any financial transaction, there is always a receipt or an invoice at the end. This invoice basically contains all the important details about the transaction in question.
Basically, a receipt or an invoice serves as a record or proof of the transaction. For instance, in stores, the store owner hands over the Blank Invoice to the customer. To create a standard pattern for all your receipts, you could make use of the templates provided here.
A sales invoice is a commercial document that is handed to the buyer from the seller. This sales invoice template comes in Excel format which makes it easy to edit.
This service invoice template too comes in excel format. That means all your data, including the prices and the tax payments, will be organized in neat little rows and columns. You can just save the file and then edit or print them.
A commercial invoice template is commonly used by store owners. The seller hands over the receipt, containing all details about a particular transaction to the customer. This template comes in an easy to use pdf format.
Auto Repair Invoice
After you get your vehicles repaired, you are bound to get a proper receipt. To create one, you would need a template designed specially for the purpose. That is where this template comes in handy.
On every product you buy, VAT is charged. The amount of VAT you have to pay is mentioned in the very invoice as well. To get an idea of what such an invoice looks like, you can make use of this template.
Graphic Design Invoice
Graphic designers too require invoice templates. This template here is a really stylish and well designed one. It has been kept to the point and doesn’t beat around the bush.
Medical & Healthcare Invoice
The best part about using a medical & healthcare invoice template is that you don’t have to worry about its utility. You can modify this template any way you please and use it to your benefit .
A receipt is a lot like an invoice, however it is more detailed and technical. This invoice receipt template comes in a pdf format, making it exceptionally easy to use. You can even use it as a sample!
An invoice of any kind needs to be professionally designed. It needs to be formal in tone owing to its purpose. This professional invoice template can be used by store owners to create receipts for their customers.
This invoice template has to be one of the most supreme examples of invoice templates in terms of design and layout. It is so neat that it makes it easier for everyone to follow and understand.
After a plumbing job is completed, you are expected to hand over your customers an invoice. To get an invoice that has been specially designed for you, you can make use of this template.
After payment of rent has been made, your landowner is expected to hand you a receipt as acknowledgment. Now to create this receipt or invoice, you can use this template which already contains a standard rent receipt pattern.
An estimate invoice template is an equally important commercial document. This template here is formal in nature and can be used for official purposes. It can even be edited to suit your needs.
For an education invoice, you will need a template that goes with the theme of the invoice. This template already contains all the basic details and data that such an invoice should have.
Any kind of lease would require a receipt as proof of the deal between two parties. For a template made specially for leases, you must a look at this template here.
An HVAC template is not like your regular invoice. Like this template here, it is much more technical and comprehensive. It is also devoid of pointless designs and keeps it as simple as possible.
This proforma invoice template comes in an excel format. That means your payment and other details of the transaction will be distinguished into separate rows and columns making it neat.
This invoice template comes in a pdf format. That means it contains the exact pattern of the invoice receipt. Also, you can use this template as a sample or an example.
This bill invoice template comes in a Word format. That has to be one of the easiest available formats since you’ll be able edit and personalize the bill invoice any way you wanted to.
This template keeps the entire layout as professional and formal as possible. The design has been kept simplistic with just a few dashes of color which gives it an interesting look.
Any business is expected to maintain invoices for their own benefit and that of the customers. To create an invoice that is exclusively for your business, you can take a look at this template.
This bsaic invoice template is an extremely versatile one. You would be able to use in a number of different ways. This template also abides by the standard pattern of bill receipts.
This invoice template comes in a pdf format. You would thus be able to download the template and then view it in the preferred format. If you are looking for a guide while you design your invoice, then you can use this template.
What is an Invoice?
An invoice may be called a Commercial Invoice document that is issued from the seller of the products to the buyer. It usually contains essential information regarding the transaction. For instance, if you are buying a product from a retail store, then you would be handed a receipt or an invoice after you make the payment. Now if you have ever paid attention to the main contents of the bill, you will have noticed that it contains the description of the product, some details about the buyer and seller, the amount paid, the mode of payment and so on.
Now this invoice may be used for future reference in case you need to exchange the product or get a refund. A commercial document like an invoice stands proof of the transaction and is of assistance to the buyer himself. Now usually, most of the Excel Invoices or bills have a standard fixed pattern throughout.
What are the Different Types of Invoices?
Now that you exactly know what an invoice is, let’s take a look at its multiple variations. Truth be told, there are numerous types of invoices. Here are some of them:
- Credit Memo– In case a buyer tries to return the purchased goods, the store usually issues them a memo stating the credit amount owed to the customer. This credit memo may be used to buy other products in exchange.
- Statement– A statement is a complete record of the entire purchase history of the customer- his balance, his transactions, the credit memos issued and so on.
- Commercial Invoice– Now this kind of memo is usually used in trading, mainly international trading. It stands as evidence of the trade that is taking place between two parties.
- Pro Forma Invoice– This has to be one of the most basic kinds of invoices. It is a proof of the transaction between a buyer and seller where a certain product is sold to the seller at a fixed price.
What does an Invoice Contain?
We have all received Sample Invoices, but seldom do we pay attention to the contents. The first thing that an invoice contains is the name of the company or the store, and often its logo. Next you have the date and place of transaction. Then, you’ll come across a reference invoice number that is unique to you. You would also find the name and other details of the seller and some personal information about the buyer.
Next comes the most important part. Here you would find descriptions of the product, the number of products purchased and their price. If there are tax payments to be made, that would be mentioned as well. There would also be a unique purchase code or number. Each detail mentioned here will be presented in the Invoice Templates in sections and subsections. To make an invoice easier to understand, it should be kept neat and tidy.
What is the Purpose of an Invoice?
Contrary to what you may think, an invoice or bill is an extremely important commercial document. Here are some reasons why-
- These invoices serve as proof of the transaction that has taken place between two parties. Usually both parties retain a copy of the invoice with them.
- Without an invoice, your transaction can easily be nullified or simply declared invalid.
- In case the buyer wants to exchange the product, he or she will have to produce the invoice that was issued at the time of purchase.
- In case of discrepancies, this invoice can be used for future reference.
- A refund for a product would not be possible without such an invoice.
- Every minute detail about the invoice is recorded on this piece of paper. It even contains your billing details.
- Apart from that, the invoice presents these details in a manner that is understandable to all involved.
Why Should you use Invoice Templates?
It might appear to you that an Invoice Templates is a fairly simple and straightforward document. It can be quite tricky to create because an invoice of any kind would contain some technical information. That could have something to do with the customer’s billing information. Now this technical information would have to be arranged and organized in the bill properly as doing it in a random manner would defeat the whole purpose.
It is this attention to details that must be kept in mind. For that, you must take the help of Business Invoice or receipt template. Plus, most of these templates come in either excel, pdf or word format. Thus, you wouldn’t even face difficulties while editing them! Owing to the increase in commercialism, financial transactions have increased.
Benefits of using Invoice Templates
- These bill receipts are versatile and flexible. They are also multipurpose. That means, you’ll be able to use the receipt template in a number of different ways as the need arises.
- A bill is generated on a regular basis, if not daily. So it would come in handy if you were to have a format ready with you. You could just make edits to the format in front of you and get it printed on a mass scale.
- These templates come in a number of formats. And most of them are either in Excel or Word. Thus, you would be able to edit and customize the template once you download them.
- These templates adhere to the standard pattern of invoices that is accepted globally.
- The biggest benefit of these templates would have to be the fact that they come in numerous formats- word pdf excel, you name it. Based on what you are comfortable with, you can make the most of these templates. Plus, they are multipurpose and that allows you to experiment with them the way you like.
Using invoice templates would have to be the easiest way of creating bills or invoices. In case you still aren’t convinced, here are some benefits of using them. This really would be the best way to print invoices on a mass scale. That has certainly augmented the need for such brilliant invoice templates.
If you have any DMCA issues on this post, please contact us!
FREE 11+ Sample Contractor Invoices in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 19+ Contractor Invoices in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 17+ Commercial Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 22+ Commercial Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 16+ Sample Commercial Invoice Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 16+ Commercial Invoice Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Service Invoice Samples in MS Wordx | Xlsx
FREE 12+ Service Invoice Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Service Invoice Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Bookstore Invoice Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 6+ Rent Invoice Samples in DOCX | PDF | XLSX
FREE 40+ Sample Printable Invoices in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Professional Invoice Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 8+ Business Invoice Samples in PDF