Companies, corporations, freelance professionals—all these need to subscribe to standard procedures in their business and professional dealings. On top of that, it is immensely important that these businesses adhere to the standard forms of business documents. Otherwise, their failure to do so may result either to legal liabilities or negative branding due to their apparent lack of professionalism. Either way, it is deleterious to any business.
One of the standard forms that is vital in all business transactions is the sales invoice. Here at samptetemplates.com we have collated a variety of Invoice Samples that you can choose from. Freely scroll down below and download the template that you deem fitting to your invoicing needs.
Sample Consulting Invoice Word
Sample Tax Invoice Word Document
Basic Contractor Invoice Word Format
Sample Invoice Cover Letter Word Format
Printable Commercial Invoice in Word
A sales invoice is a commercial instrument that contains the itemized details of the products or services that a customer must pay for. This document serves as the formal request of payment from the salesman or business owner toward his or her clients. The issuance of sales invoices is an essential part of any business transaction.
What It Contains
A sales invoice can have as many parts and details as the business owner deem necessary. There are, however, some notable parts that are considered as the basic parts of an invoice, thus it cannot be done without. Those are
- the word invoice in bold letters at the topmost part of the document,
- the name of the company or of the professional,
- the name and contact details of the customer or client,
- the invoice number,
- itemized list of goods and services,
- their corresponding prices,
- terms of payment, and
- total amount of payment due.
Clearly, creating your sales invoice could be a cumbersome task, so if you want to save time and effort, you may simply use any of our Generic Invoice Samples and Simple Invoice Samples by downloading and editing it accordingly.
Free Microsoft Word Invoice Example
Sample Invoice Bill Word Format
Sample Proforma Invoice
Service Invoice Sample in Word
Invoice Voucher in Word
Sales Invoice Smoothens Business Processes
Indeed, a sales invoice can help a business in many ways and some of those are the following:
- It allows you to keep an inventory of all your business transactions.
- Through your inventory, you can monitor which customers haven’t made their payment yet, hence you can send an overdue notice in order to enforce your right to receive compensation.
- The nature of your business and your customer’s pattern of buying your products or availing your services can be studied and analyzed. Thus, it helps you implement effective business strategies in order to lure more customers and clients to your business.
- It is a vital document when processing your income tax papers.
- It serves as a legally binding evidence of your previous notification toward your customers regarding the payment, which if they fail to comply with may result in legally actionable grounds. In simpler terms, by using the invoice, you can show this to the court when you litigate a nonpaying customer.
Now that you know how essential a sales invoice is to businesses, then you may make your own now or download any template from our wide collection of Free Printable Invoice and Sales Invoice Samples. Simply click on the links provided.
10+ Advance Payment Invoice Templates – PDF
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
9+ Car Sale Invoice Templates – PDF
9+ Restaurant Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
7+ Bookstore Invoice Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Gym Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Retail Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Equipment Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
Pro Forma and Commercial Invoice: A Comparison
34 Printable Service Invoice Templates
10+ Invoice Templates
9+ Self-Employed Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF
10 Purchase Order Invoice Samples & Templates
9+ Vendor Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF