A job invoice is an essential document in businesses that are involved in providing specific services to their customers or clients. A job invoice provides a business owner or sales clerk with a legally acceptable, formal, and polite avenue for requesting payment from their customers for the services that they have or are about to provide to them. Indeed, a job invoice makes the process of payment request hassle-free and more businesslike.
Whether you are an owner or a manager or service-providing business, you must be aware of the extreme use of invoice issuance. If you are in the process of creating a standard invoice for your business or company, then it would be best if you have a template that can guide you as to the proper format, content, and layout of a job invoice. You may download our collection of job invoice templates on this page.
Job Work Invoice Template
Printable Job Invoice
What Is a Job Invoice?
A job invoice is a specific kind of invoice that is used by businesses, companies, and professionals that are involved in providing services to their clients instead of goods. A job invoice is written or created for the purpose of formally asking one’s customers for their payments.
Which Businesses Can Use Job Invoices?
Basically all types of service providers can make use of a job invoice. The following are, however, the most common ones:
- Design firms (e.g. interior design, graphics design, etc.)
- IT maintenance firms
- Security firms
- Laundry shops
- Legal counselling firms
- Event planning and organizing businesses
- Catering businesses
Speaking of the types of job invoices, you can also check out our collection of graphic design invoice templates that are useful if you are engaged in providing graphic designing to your clients. Moreover, if you want to have a more in-depth understanding as to the proper format of invoices, check out our free invoices and basic invoice templates. Simply click on their respective links.
Sample Architect Invoice
Invoice for Work Contract
Plumbing Invoice Template
Tips in Creating a Job Invoice
- You can use blank invoice templates to start or totally make your own.
- Label your invoice with the word “Job Invoice” at the topmost and center part.
- Then you may add your company letterhead, which consists of:
- your company’s name
- contact information
- Then provide an identifying number for your job invoice.
- Provide fields or spaces for your customer’s information.
- Create a table for the itemization of the services that you have provided as well as its corresponding price. For the sake of convenience and transparency, you can also include a column dedicated for the input of the date and time when each service has been performed.
- Provide a space for the total amount that the customer must be able to pay as well as the date when he/she must make his/her payment. You may also add spaces for their selection of the payment method that is convenient for them.
We also have construction invoices for those who are engaged in providing construction and building services. Access these templates by clicking on their respective links.
10+ Advance Payment Invoice Templates – PDF
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
9+ Car Sale Invoice Templates – PDF
9+ Restaurant Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
7+ Bookstore Invoice Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Cleaning Service Invoice Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Gym Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Retail Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Equipment Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
Pro Forma and Commercial Invoice: A Comparison
34 Printable Service Invoice Templates
10+ Invoice Templates
9+ Self-Employed Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF
10 Purchase Order Invoice Samples & Templates
9+ Vendor Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF