All businesses need to send invoices to their customers in order to make the request for payment formal and legally actionable. Whether you are a newbie business owner, manager, or salesperson, you need to create a billing invoice that fits the nature of your company and the products and services it provides.
If you are currently perplexed with how to go about creating a billing invoice that suits your business needs, then you may check out our easily downloadable collection of Invoice Samples. Freely scroll down below.
Billing Invoice Sample
Transport Bill Invoice Sample
Example Self-Billing Invoice
Medical Billing Invoice Sample
Sample Expense Billing Invoice
Department Billing Invoice
Printable Billing Invoice Form
What Is a Billing Invoice?
A billing invoice is a commercial instrument that serves as the request for payment. Unlike the basic sales invoice that is sent immediately after or before the customer acquire the product or avail the service, a billing invoice is commonly served to the customers weeks or days after the customer procured the product or service.
Organizations or Companies That Issues Billing Invoices
In normal business transactions, an invoice is usually handed to the customer right after they receive the product or the service has been fully served. There are specific types of businesses, however, that send billing invoices to their clients after two weeks or at the end of the month, and those are the following:
- electric companies,
- telephone companies,
- Internet providing companies,
- law firms (when the type of service provided involves a series of court hearings and continuous litigation processes), and
- hospitals and clinics (when the customer/patient has spent a long duration of time within the hospital’s premises while availing several laboratory tests and various medical procedures).
Parts of a Billing Invoice
Here are the parts of a billing invoice:
- the detalis of the company providing the service or product (name, contact number, address);
- name of customer;
- date of purchase/duration of time that they used the company’s services (such as electricity, Wi-Fi, etc.);
- contact number of customer;
- enumeration of the items/service provided;
- corresponding prices/rates;
- payment terms; and
- taxable amounts.
If you want more information regarding invoices, you may want to check out our collection of Sample Invoice Forms and Free Printable Invoice that are available for download. Simply click on the links provided.
Free Service Billing Invoice Example
Blank Hearing Loss Billing Invoice in PDF
Advantages of Using a Billing Invoice
- Enables the company staff/manager to track down business transactions. When you send billing invoices, it is natural that you retain a copy for your own company’s archives. This way you can keep a record of all your business transactions. By having a record, you can pull out these documents in case there are disputes in the future
- A billing invoice can serve as a legal document that can be used for future legal references in an event there are disputes. For example, when your customer refuses to honor his end of the bargain by withholding payment, as a business owner, you have the option to litigate in court and show a copy of your sales invoice as proof of your formal and initial request for payment.
- A billing invoice contains taxable amounts, and it is a necessary document for the filing of tax forms.
14+ Simple Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
34+ Invoice Formats
39+ Sample Invoices
45+ Invoice Templates
15+ Sample Invoices
41+ Sample Printable Invoices
10+ Self-Employed Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Retail Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Rent Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Rental Invoice Samples
9+ Sample Rent Invoice Templates to Download
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
11+ Travel Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Travel Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Word
12+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download