There are numerous types of employments that an employer may opt to offer to their prospective employees. Part-time, casual, contractual, and permanent employment—all these are consummated through the signing of a work contract.
A work contract stipulates all the essential obligations of the worker or the employee toward his/her employee. Meanwhile, this contract also describes in detail the specific amount of compensation and benefits (if applicable) that an employer must give to his/her employees.
Sample Work Contract
Hence, if you are an employer, you have to make sure that your employees do not start their work without first signing a formal work contract. For your guidance, you may refer to our work contract templates on this page. Scroll down below to view our easily downloadable templates.
Work Agreement Contract Template
Building Work Contract
Casual Work Agreement
Types of Work Contracts
There are several types of work contract. The following are the most commonly created work contracts:
- Part-Time Work Contract: This contract is created when an employee is hired for a part-time job. Most of the time, employers would prefer to have regular employees since they are more likely to be loyal to the company’s goals and visions. However, there are cases when it is more practical to hire a part-time employee such as when you are simply looking for someone who can
- write for the company’s websites in order to promote it,
- provide IT maintenance to the company’s computer systems, and
- beautify the interiors of the company’s buildings and offices.
- Carpentry Work Contract: Naturally, carpentry work is not always needed by most people. In other words, most carpenters are only hired when there are specific building projects or if a house needs renovating or reparation. Carpenters must be able to protect their rights by formally engaging with their clients through the signing of a carpentry work contract.
- Construction Work Contract: A construction work contract is usually drafted by construction companies and building companies. These companies are typically hired to complete a specific building project and as such, it is extremely important that they are performing their construction services until a building project has been completed.
Construction Work Contract Sample
What Are the Essential Elements of a Work Contract?
The contents of a work contract may vary depending on the nature of the work. The following are the most basic parts that any work contract must have:
- The Basic Information: This part is essential so that the contract would be able to have legal effect. You must include the following information:
- the name of the employer
- the name of the employee
- the date when the contract is signed
- the specific date when the contract would still be effective
- The Statement of the Type of Work: Briefly state the specific job position that your employee is being hired for.
- The Description of the Work Functions: The detailed description of the employee’s responsibilities.
- The Payment Terms: The amount of money that the employer must give to the employee as compensation for the work he/she has done.
FREE 11+ Construction Management Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Construction Receipt Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Sublease Contracts in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Release Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Employment Agreement Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 12+ DJ Service Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample DJ Contracts in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Apple Pages
FREE 20+ Sample Best DJ Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ New Employers Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 5+ Investigation Log Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 15+ Construction Contract Templates in PDF | Google Docs | MS Word | Pages
FREE 14+ Construction Contract Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF | Excel
What Is a Bar Chart? [ Different Types , Difference, How to Make ]
FREE 15+ Site Investigation Report Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Diet Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel