When a landlord decides to rent out a certain property, he or she must provide a contract to the tenant. A house rent contract contains the terms and other relevant information that will benefit both parties. The landlord and the tenant goes into a contract for payment in order to discuss payment terms and methods for the property.
Included in a contract are contract clauses that state the responsibilities, roles, and rights of each party. A contract is important to avoid misunderstanding between the two parties. If any disagreement may happen, the terms in the contract will help resolve any issue. You can read more about contracts below.
House Rent Contract
House Rent to Own Contract
Recovery House Rental Agreement
Difference between a Lease and Rental Contract
Many people who may not want to buy a property or could not afford to purchase one can get a lease or rental instead. While both a rental or lease contract agreement authorizes a certain individual to rent or lease a property for a certain period of time, both have several differences. A lease contract usually lasts for six months to a year while a rental contract is on a month-to-month basis. The terms in a lease or rental contract can’t be changed until the contract expires. A landlord can also offer a rent-to-own contract to a tenant.
Tips to Write the Best Rental Contract
Before you write a house rental contract, it is important to understand the components that go in the rental contract. Here is a list of some tips to help you start your house rental contract.
- As with any contract agreements, it is important to identify all the parties involved in the contract.
- When making a rental contract, keep it clear and provide relevant information about the property that you are renting out.
- Don’t forget to add details such as the date a payment is required, the method of payment, including the consequences for late payments.
Standard House Rental Agreement
Sample House Rent Contract
Terms to Include in Your Lease or Rental Contract
There are certain terms that need to be included in every rental or lease contract. Having these terms will enable you to write a complete contract that will benefit both the tenant and the landlord. Below is a list of terms necessary in every contract.
- Limits on Occupancy – In your contract, it is important to specify the number of tenants allowed to occupy to ensure that unauthorized individuals aren’t allowed in the unit.
- Term of Tenancy – Also specify in your contract whether a tenant is on rental or lease. For short-term occupancy, a rent contract can be useful.
- Rent – A lease or rental contract should also include the amount to be paid by the tenant as well as the due date.
- Fees – Any deposit or additional fees a tenant has to pay should also be clearly stated in the contract to ensure that the tenant understands the purpose of these fees.
- Repairs and Maintenance – For repairs and maintenance terms, a landlord must indicate who does the repairs. Typically, a tenant is not allowed to do the repairs in the rented unit.
FREE 10+ Agreement Contract Samples in PDF
Free 29+ WordPress Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | WordPress
FREE 30+ Client Form Samples in PDF
FREE 30+ Sample Real Estate Checklist in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Checklist Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Accident Report Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Dispute Letter Samples in PDF
FREE 30+ Paystub Samples in Google docs | MS Excel | MS Word | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Book Cover Samples in Illustrator | InDesign | MS Word | Apple Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 29+ Rental Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 50+ Graphic Organizer Samples in Google Docs, Google Slides, Illustrator, PowerPoint, MS Word, PDF
FREE 10+ Time Blocking Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 50+ Cornell Notes Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
FREE 50+ Summary Worksheet Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 40+ Bill Samples in PDF