A contract is a written document indicating the agreement between two or more parties. A contract is a legally binding document. Most contracts require notarization while some contracts merely require the signatures of the contractual parties.
There is a wide variety of contracts that can be formed between two parties depending on its purpose or objective. The best way to learn how to draft a contract is by referring to existing samples or templates of the specific type of contract you are planning to create. For your convenience, we are providing you with various Contract Templates that you may download for free. Scroll down below to view our templates!
Business Contract Template
Company Contract Template
Educational Consultant Contract Template
Business Agreement Contract Template
Carpet Cleaning Contract Template
Business Loan Contract Template
Sample Employment Contract Templates
Employment Agreement Contract
Employment Termination Contract
Basic Employment Contract
Project Construction Contract
Construction Management Contract
Construction Building Contract
What Is the Difference between a Contract and an Agreement?
A lot of people would mistakenly interchange the words contract and agreement. This is understandable since a contract is a kind of agreement. For the sake of clarity, an agreement is any type of legally enforceable understanding between two parties. This agreement necessarily implies that there was a proper discussion and negotiation of the terms of the agreement before its formation.
Whereas, a contract is merely as specific type of agreement. It is an agreement that is in written form and duly signed by all the relevant parties. A contract therefore has more legal value when it comes to enforcing its terms since the obligations are clearly laid out in the contract.
Hence, it is advisable to write a contract than to merely come up with a verbal agreement. Speaking of contracts, if you are in the situation that calls for the creation of one, you must make sure that you are able to create a contract that fits its objective. To know more about the different kinds of contracts, you may check out our collections of Maintenance Contract and Lease Contract.
Sample Loan Contract Templates
Loan Repayment Contract
Personal Loan Contract
Loan Payment Contract
Wedding Photography Contract
Event Photography Contract
Sample Photography Contract
Things to Remember When Writing a Contract
- Research: States can have differing laws regarding the creation of contracts. There are agreements that can be made without a written contract, while there are specific agreements that require a written contract such as the purchase of huge piece of land. It is thus necessary to research first on the basic statutes of your state regarding contracts.
- Consultation: If you find it difficult to understand the contractual laws, you can always opt to refer to a lawyer or any kind of legal expert. This is especially important if the contract you are planning to create involves huge amounts of money or the obligations involved are serious in nature such as the obligation to support a child, the obligation to pay rent at a specific time and date, etc.
In line with all these, you may also check out our website for more contract templates. If you are engaged in the cleaning services business such as a laundry service, steam cleaning, and carpet cleaning, then our Cleaning Contract would be of great help to you. Moreover, if you are in the business of providing video editing services and event video-recording, you may check out our Videography Contract Templates.
Sample Rental Contract Templates
Vehicle Rental Contract
Rental Property Contract
Equipment Rental Contract
Consulting Services Contract
Business Consulting Contract
Marketing Consulting Contract
Artists’ Management Contract
Artist Performance Contract
Sample Artist Recording Contract
What Are the Essential Steps in the Creation of a Legally Binding Contract?
- Proposal: A contract is only a product of an intention to create a contract. More often than not, one party initiates the formation of a contract through a formal offer or proposal. In this stage, the proposing party would either prepare a proposal document or would meet up with the other party in order to present his/her proposal.
- Negotiation: When the other party has expressly given his/her interest in the offered proposal, it is then time for them to discuss the terms of the contract. A detailed discussion is important for each party to understand their contractual obligations should they decide to sign the contract.
- Full Consent: Full consent means that each party has accepted all the terms of the signed contract. It is not enough for them to sign the contract in order to portray their acceptance of its terms. It is of equal importance that
- each party fully understands the terms of the contract,
- each party is aware of his/her contractual obligations, and
- each party has given his/her consent without his/her will being vitiated by force or undue influence.
For more reference, check out our collections of Plumbing Contract Templates and Gym Contract Templates. To access these templates, simply click on the link provided.
Sample Business Contract Templates
Business Partnership Contract
Business Consultant Contract
Business Services Contract
Cleaning Service Contract
House Cleaning Contract
Cleaning Company Contract
Wedding Catering Contract
Catering Service Contract
Event Catering Contract
Executive Coaching Contract
Soccer Coaching Contract
Sports Club Coaching Contract
What Is a Service Contract?
There are a lot of businesses involved in providing services to their customers instead of selling products or goods. These businesses are often referred to as service-providing businesses. In order for customers to engage these businesses, they need to sign a comprehensive Service Contract. This service contract has the following inclusions:
- The name of the company providing the service
- The name of the customer
- The type of service availed
- Date when the service is availed
- The terms of the payment
- The specific location, time, and date when the service is to be performed
- The signature of both parties
What Is a Rental Contract?
A rental contract is the contract signed between a lessor and a lessee. In writing this contract, make sure that you don’t forget the following:
- The amount of the rent per month/week/year
- The grounds for the termination of the rent contract
- The amount for advance payment
- The rules on the maintenance of the place being rented
To have a more in-depth understanding of this contract, check out our website for more Rental Contract Templates.
Sample Event Contract Templates
Wedding Event Contract
Event Planner Contract
Basic Photography Contract
Temporary Employee Contract
Standard Employee Contract
Employee Training Contract
Sample Investment Contract
Company Investment Contract
Personal Investment Contract
Sample Maintenance Contract Templates
Maintenance Service Contract
AC Maintenance Agreement Contract
Website Maintenance Contract
Building Maintenance Contract
Student Transportation Contract in Excel
What We Offer
Contracts are indeed serious documents and the process of creating it must not be taken lightly. It is for this sole reason that we make sure that you are provided with a variety of Contract Agreement templates that are easy to download and edit.
It is best to use our templates due to the following reasons:
- These are flexible since you may edit these using any text editing program such as Microsoft Office Word, Libre Office, etc.
- These are available for free download (some require a small fee for the license-to-use).
- Each of these are comprehensive and reflective of real actual contracts.
- These templates are designed to cater to varying types of contractual objectives or purposes.
For more reference, check out our Advertising Contract Agreements that you can use should you be in the business of providing advertising services to large companies, organizations, and educational institutions. Simply click on the link provided.
10+ Sample Contract Agreement
6+ Sample Employment Contract
10+ Sample Contract Release Form
14+ Sample Behaviour Contract
Sample Contract Management Agreement - 7+ Examples in Word ...
9+ Construction Contract
9+ Catering Contract Template
13+ Sample Basic Contract Template
10+ Sample Contract Agreement
19+ Sample Contract
7+ Sample Contract Summary
30+ Sample Contract Agreement
5+ Sample Business Contract
8+ Sample Letter of Intent Contract
20+ Contract Templates