A production contract is a type of contract used as a means of ensuring that the supplier can produce enough materials or products for the buyer or owner of a company who will, in turn, resell the finished goods to the general consumers. As of all contracts, they contain certain contract clauses in which the duties and obligations of both parties will be stated clearly and properly.
When two companies enter a contract agreement, there tends to be certain disputes as to who can benefit the most from this arrangement and whether it is beneficial in the long-run. In most cases, companies only enter into a contract agreement because they can estimate the potential profits of undergoing an arrangement.
Production Sharing Contract Template
Television Commercial Contract
What Are the Essential Elements of a Production Contract?
As of all legal documents or contracts, there are certain essential elements one must add into it before allowing it to be viewed as a legal document. A production contract, a management contract, or basically any contract has these elements that must be added into it:
- Full identification and contacts of both parties. It is required that both parties must always state their full name and credentials and must indicate methods of contacting either party members, so if a problem occurs they may contact the other party of ways to fix the problem.
- Highlight the terms of the contract. Identify the level of work or what type of work is needed.
- Identify the monetary transactions taking place. Monetary transactions can be the payment for services or the cost of the project.
- Identify boundaries. This portion should identify the scope and limitations of the transactions.
Types of Production Contracts
- Production Sharing Contract – This form of the document is typically used as a means of sharing the outputted production materials equally between the two parties involved in the contract.
- Television Commercial Production Contract – This form of contract is typically used as a means of creating an advertisement that would benefit one or more party; typically, the cost for the advertisement is split between the companies involved.
- Music Production Contract – A music production contract or a music agreement contract is a contract made between a musician and an agent. This is done in order to have exclusive rights over the musician’s music.
- Video Production Contract – As the name suggests, it is a type of contract used as a means of producing videos for the purpose of increasing awareness of a certain product or service. (Behaves similarly to a television commercial production contract, except with the added benefit of being placed online.)
- Production Facilities Contract – Production facilities contract or an industry contract is a type of contract that allows for the equal authority between two parties to maintain and gain from the facilities.
Student- Production Contract
Production Facilities Contract for Student
Sample Production Contract
Step-by-Step Instructions in Writing the Best Payment Contract
- Always be thorough with both parties identifications and credentials
- Indicate the purpose of the contract
- Identify means of payment or “re-payment” within the contract
- Indicate “collateral” for late payment or repayment
We have other contracts available such as Artist Agreement Contract, Production Contract Agreement, and Videography Contract if you’re interested.
FREE 10+ Request For Quote Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Contract of Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Inventory Checklist Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Services Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 5+ Roof Estimate Samples in PDF
FREE 5+ College Essay Outline Samples in PDF
FREE 5+ Daily Meal Planner Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Puppy Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Interior Design Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Study Template Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Music Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Work Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Management Budget Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ To Do Lists Samples in PDF