People go into business deals every day. Whether you are running a small business or a big company, contracts are essential before going into an agreement with your clients. This is mostly true for freelancers and independent contractors. To ensure that both parties are happy with the outcome, a contract is necessary.
Businesses rely on a contract agreement to ensure that both parties are protected from any fraud or misunderstanding that may happen in the future. Without a contract, this will greatly affect the business leading to loss or damage. If you are looking for contract templates, we have a selection of contracts available for you to download.
Legal Contract Templates in Word
Real Estate Sale Contract
Legal Contract Format
Business Consulting Agreement
How to Write a Contract between Two Individuals
The best and safest way when going into an agreement with another party is through a contract. This is especially true in business. In order to have a smooth and protected deal with anyone, both parties must sign a contract in order to avoid any misunderstanding. If you need help in writing a contract, the steps below will be useful to you.
- In the contract, write the date when the agreement is made, including the names of the two parties or individuals. This is especially important in order to specifically indicate the two individuals involved in the contract.
- Determine the purpose of the contract. It is necessary to understand the reasons for creating the contract. For example, in the contract, write the phrase “This agreement is being entered into for the purpose of.” A service contract is one example of a contract that can be useful.
- The body of the contract also contains the most important information in the contract. This contains the terms of the contract, penalties, etc. In order to write this, both parties must negotiate the terms and conditions for the contract ensuring that these terms comply with the law.
- In order for the contract to be a valid legal contract, both parties must sign it.
Car Rental Contract
Rental Property Contract
Equipment Rental Agreement
Building Construction Contract
Construction Labour Agreement
House Construction Contract
Road Construction Agreement
How to Create a Freelance Contract
- When writing a freelance contract or any important document, it is necessary to have a label. Write the title of the freelance contract that you are making. You can write the words “Letter of Agreement” at the first and top part of the page.
- Write the name of your business as well as the contact information. If your freelance business has a logo, you can include it in your contract.
- Just like any other written document, the date is very important in a contract. This will specifically indicate the date when the document was written.
- Also, don’t forget to include the information of your client. These include the names, address, contact number, etc.
- When formatting your freelance contract, you can use a template to help you.
- Specify the services that you are providing to your client. It is important to list down the services that you providing and the ones that you are not. This is to ensure that your client will understand and know what to expect from the output.
- Also include the details such as the date when a client can expect the finished output.
- Another important purpose of the contract is the payment. Include a detailed breakdown of services as well as the total amount of all the services provided. Also, include the payment methods and the due dates. Both parties should decide on the payment terms.
- Both parties should also agree on the rights. Typically, the finished products belongs to the client once a full payment has been made.
- Just like in any contract, the signature of both parties should be in the contract.
Mutual Lease Termination
Construction Contract Termination
Sample Contract Termination
Lease Contract for Commercial Premises
Equipment Lease Agreement
Event Management Agreement
Artist Contract Management
Peersonal Management Agreement
Maintenance Management Contract
Service and Maintenance
Annual Maintenance Contract
Equipment Maintenance Contract
Office Cleaning Contract
Commercial Cleaning Service Agreement
What Are the Essential Elements of a Contract?
In order to write a valid contract agreement, these elements should always be present.
- Offer and Acceptance – A contract involves the offer and the acceptance of both parties. For example, in an agreement, a party offers his or her services to the other and the other party accepts it.
- Mutual Consent – For a contract to be valid, both parties should agree to the terms written in it. A party should never be forced to sign a contract
- Intention to Create Legal Obligation – Both parties should understand the consequences that may occur should one party violate or breach a contract. This involves a legal court to settle the case.
Tips in Writing the Best Contract
It is important to follow these tips, especially when you are new to creating a contract. You will learn about the tips in order to write the best contract.
- People who are new to writing a contract often forget to include all the necessary information. A contract that lacks important information can cause problems in the future. It is always important to write all the relevant information needed when writing one.
- Also specify when and how a contract is terminated. Write the terms of terminating the contract without a violation or a breach.
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
18+ Sample Employment Contracts
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs