A car sale always involves a lot of paperwork. A lot of documents are needed in order for you to finally claim that you now have your own car. One common document involved in a car sale is a sales contract. It is important to grasp the concept of free contract to fully understand the importance of an automobile sales contract.
A contract agreement for a car sale outlines the terms that are involved in the transaction, including the terms of payment, representations and warranties, and so on. We offer you automobile sales contract samples that are very easy to understand and use in this article.
Auto Sales Sample Contract Template
Used Car Sales Contract Sample Template
Used Automobile Sales
Motor Vehicle Sales Contract
Used Car Sales Contract
Automobile Dealer Sales Contract
How to Write a Contract for Selling Your Car
You may have a new car and would want to sell your old one. When selling a used car, you would also need a document to record the transaction. When writing a sales contract for selling your own used car, you would first need to identify the parties involved, that is, you and the buyer. After that, write down a description of the car (i.e., make and model, color, body type). Then write the date of purchase as well as the purchase price. For a used car, it is helpful to sell the car “as is” and that there are no warranties. These Contract in PDF and Automobile Sales Contract will be helpful in making your own contract.
Documents Needed When Selling Your Car
Selling a used car entails more than just finding someone interested and then simply handing the car after payment. There is quite a lot of paperwork involved in the transaction and you as the seller need to be willing to provide all of those to make the sale. Here are some documents that are needed when selling your car.
- Vehicle title
- Car sales contract agreements
- Bill of sale
- Smog emission inspection certificate
- Official receipt
- Transfer of title (optional)
- Vehicle registration certificate (optional)
- Vehicle history report (optional)
The optional documents are needed when a buyer is in doubt of your real ownership of the car, so be sure to make them readily available. You can also check out these rent contracts if you are interested.
Automobile Installment Sales Contract
Private Automobile Sales Contract
Automobile Retail Sales Contract
Things to Do before Signing a Car Sales Contract
- Ask questions. There will always be things that are difficult to understand about the transaction, so do not be afraid to ask. Clarify the terms and financing of the deal.
- Make sure everything is written on the contract. The sales contract needs to contain your and the dealer information, car details, financing terms, etc.
- Look out for extra fees. Review the fees listed and ask for any questionable fees you are asked to pay for. There could also be added options you did not ask for, so look out for those as well.
- Understand your financing. It is best to calculate your total cost by taking into consideration the interest rate, down payment, payment period, etc., to get the best deal.
A car sales contract protects both buyer and seller of a car. Our sample contracts are very effective in doing the job, so download them now. You may also find these contract sample, vehicle sales agreement, and lease contract samples useful.
9+ Event Planning Contract Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Contract Cancellation Letter Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Sales Contract Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Event Venue Contract Samples – PDF
9+ Commercial Roofing Contract Samples – PDF
9+ Employee Contract Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Cleaning Business Contract Samples – PDF, Word
27+ Sample Vendor Agreements
How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?
5+ Rent-to-Own House Contract Samples & Templates
29+ Rental Agreement Format – PDF, Word
9+ Release Agreement – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Videography Contract Samples – PDF, Word
13+ Roofing Contract Templates to Download
20+ Maintenance Contract Templates to Download