A paper is a document that contains immense information regarding a specific topic. It is an essential document in every business, government, schools, and other entities. There are many different types of paper that can be used depending on its purpose. One example of a white paper is a Devonshire white paper.
A business white paper is another example of a white paper that is a useful document in marketing a particular product or service. In this article, you will find several types of white paper samples and templates that you can choose from to help you create your white paper.
Defense White Papers
Defense Forces White Paper
Defense Department White Paper
Army White Papers
Army Ethic White Paper
Army University White Paper
Business White Papers
Business Analysis White Paper
Small Business White Paper
Business Intelligence White Paper
Business Plan White Paper
Business Continuity White Paper
What Is a White Paper in Business?
A white paper in business can be defined as follows:
- It can be a document that can showcase the products and services that a business can offer to its clients.
- A white paper is a sheet that can specify the solutions that a business can do to help their clients.
- Technically, a white paper is used by companies to persuade clients and customers to understand their products through proper advertising and branding.
- White papers are created by businesses so they can have a corporate or professional document that they can show to possible clients in different markets.
What Is the Importance of Writing a White Paper?
Writing a white paper can provide many different benefits for businesses, organizations, and government entities and can be used for various purposes. The importance of writing a white paper are as follows:
- Businesses will be able to create methods on how to market and sell the products and services.
- Through a white paper, a business will be able to create an image for the business or company.
- A white paper can also be used to lay out many different theories, which is especially important in the development of technology and others.
- Using a white paper will allow entities to identify problems and create solutions.
Energy White Papers
Energy Policy White Paper
Renewable Energy White Paper
Government Energy White Paper
Federation White Papers
Federation Tax White Paper
Federation Reform White Paper
Government White Papers
Modernizing Government White Paper
Government Tax White Paper
Government Policy White Paper
Local Government White Paper
How to Write a Technical White Paper
In order to effectively write a technical white paper, it is necessary to follow these steps to ensure that you will have a complete and accurate white paper. The steps in writing a white paper are as follows:
- When preparing to write your technical white paper, it is essential to understand all the important information that needs to be present in your white paper.
- To start, download our white paper templates to make it easier and convenient for you when writing one.
- In the first part of your technical white paper, write an introduction and a summary of the content that a viewer can expect from your white paper.
- Write a description or a background on the product, technology, etc., including its problems that are needed to be solved.
- Based on the problems that you have previously indicated in your technical white paper, lay out the methods and steps needed to be done in order to solve the given problem/s.
What Are the Different Types of White Papers?
Before you start writing your white paper, it is essential to choose from three different types of white papers and select the best one that will fit the data that you want to present. Here are the different types of white papers and when you can use them:
- Backgrounder – this type of white paper focuses on the benefits of a company’s products and services. Through this type of white paper, businesses will be able to market their products and services.
- Numbered List – a numbered list is a type of white paper that is used to outline tips, questions, and answers regarding a particular issue.
- Problem/Solution – a problem/ solution white paper presents facts and methods on how to solve a specific problem.
Java White Papers
Java Tuning White Paper
Java Language White Paper
Oracle White Papers
Exadata Oracle White Paper
Oracle Multitenant White Paper
Tax White Papers
Tax Review White Paper
Tax Reform White Paper
Software White Papers
Software Architecture White Paper
Software Testing White Paper
Software Development White Paper
How to Write a White Paper
Creating a white paper is important since it allows businesses and other entities to identify problems and create solutions, market products, etc. Understanding the important elements that need to be present in a white paper is essential in order to effectively write a white paper. Refer to the sample white paper templates and the steps below to help you in writing a white paper.
- The first thing that you should do to prepare writing a white paper is to research and identify the target market or audience to be able to understand how to write your white paper.
- After identifying the target market for your products and services, create a title for the document that you are creating.
- Write a brief overview of what the white paper is about, avoiding any unnecessary information.
- Create an introduction and present a list of problems that you will need to provide a solution.
- Indicate the steps and methods that you will be doing in order to solve the problems that you have listed above.
- Write other relevant information that are needed to complete your document or white paper.
- Create a conclusion by writing a brief review of the things that have been mentioned previously.
Project White Papers
Project Management White Paper
Project Proposal White Paper
Product White Papers
Product Development White Paper
Product Management White Paper
Commercial White Papers
Commercial Banking White Paper
Commercial Real Estate White Paper
Commercial Lending White Paper
Military White Papers
Military Strategy White Paper
Military Retirement White Paper
Nursing White Papers
Telehealth Nursing White Paper
Community Nursing White Paper
Energy White Papers
Solar Energy White Paper
Government Energy White Paper
Renewable Energy White Paper
Security White Papers
Security Testing White Paper
Guidelines for Writing a White Paper
Since creating a white paper involves many different processes, there are important guidelines that one needs to follow to ensure that all the information and contents written in the final white paper document is effective and useful. Here are some guidelines that will be useful when writing a white paper:
- Ensure that the topics that you will be discussing in your white paper will attract certain individuals.
- When creating a white paper, always write a clear description of its contents.
- Always have a professional-looking template and ensure that it has a simple design.
- Before creating a final output, remember to create a draft since this will allow you to make the necessary changes in your document.
- Remember to proofread and review your white paper to assure that any mistakes are prevented.
- Clearly provide a description on how your white paper will solve a particular problem.
- Keep a balanced ratio between the graphics and text that your white paper will contain.
- Always think of an appropriate and catchy title to attract and engage your readers.
Additionally, you can also use our sample white papers and templates as your reference when creating your white paper.
12+ Sample Marketing Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
14+ Sample Marketing Report Templates- Docs, PDF, Pages
28+ Sample Reports – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
18+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates – PDF, Excel, Word, Pages
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Fault Tree Templates – PDF, Excel, Word
11+ Sample Accident Report Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Home Inspection Reports – Docs, Word, Pages
53+ Contract Agreement Templates – Pages, Docs
10+Trip Report Templates – Word, Docs, pages
20+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, PDF
15+ Monthly Report Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
37+ Sample Proposal Templates – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
20+ Management Samples – PDF , Word, Docs, Pages