What is a storyboard? If you have heard of a storyboard before, you must have already known that it is composed of pictures and illustrations that are arranged in a way to tell about a certain story. Storyboards are used in planning for a film or a video. It helps organize the whole story and provides a preview about it.
In storyboard making, you need to arrange the images or illustrations in chronological order so that it can be organized and understood easily. To help you lighten your task, why not use vertical storyboard samples. You can download these sample templates anytime you want.
Vertical Slider Storyboard Sample
Vertical Spacing Storyboard
Free Vertical Storyboard
How to Create a Vertical Storyboard
- Before starting your storyboard, you have to create a timeline about the vertical storyboard you are going to make.
- Your storyboard should include details about the plot, the scenes, the location, who are involved, the actors, and how the story makes progress.
- The scenes should be arranged in chronological order. This makes it organized and easy to understand.
- Determine which scenes will become the highlight of the story, just like the highlights in a commercial storyboard.
- After checking if everything is good with your timeline and all other necessary details, you can go ahead and start with the sketch. Choose a material you want to use that is also appropriate for making a vertical storyboard.
- Your storyboard should have vertical orientation as you are making a vertical storyboard.
- Having your storyboard detailed or simple is your choice, so you should decide how to do it.
- Not good with sketching? Stick figures will do as long as it is able to tell what the story is all about. You don’t have to be a pro.
- Write a description at the space provided for or write down notes about that scene, just like what is shown in the storyboard samples.
- Seek advice from members of your team and make changes accordingly.
Vertical and Horizontal Storyboard
Vertical Storyboard Sample
How to Use a Vertical Storyboard Template
- A vertical storyboard template is used to organize illustrations or images in chronological order, or arrange it so that it will tell the story that you want the audience to know.
- You can write down notes or the description of the scene on the template before doing the sketch. This will make planning easier. Once you are done planning you can sketch on the box provided.
- You can also use sticky notes to make your template look colorful and fun to look at. You can draw on the sticky note and stick it on top of the template.
- You can use vertical storyboards in animation. Animation films are mostly about animals, so you can find a lot of them.
- A vertical storyboard can also be used as a sketchbook where you get to sketch first how the characters would look like and how the location and the scenes would appear. You can also write a description about the characters on the description space provided, just like what we did in the storyboard samples in word.
- A vertical storyboard template can also be used in digital storyboards by making a rough sketch on paper and then importing it to the computer program, like a keynote storyboard.
10+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
10+ Sample Marketing Agreements
21 + Sample Independent Contractor Agreements
23+ Partnership Agreement Templates
12+ Sample Business Partnership Agreement Templates to Download
10+ Sample Business Partnership Agreements
18+ Financial Proposal Templates
21+ Sample Marketing Proposal Templates
17+ Subscription Agreement Samples
28+ Sample Event Proposal Templates – PSD, PDF, Word
16+ Sample Event Proposals
17+ Sample Purchase and Sale Agreements
15+ Sample Sponsorship Proposal Templates
17+ Purchase and Sale Agreements – Samples, Examples & Format
14+ Purchase and Sale Agreements – Samples, Examples & Format