Creating a timeline can both be a difficult and easy task. It becomes a difficult task if you absolutely know nothing about it. But if you are well-versed or if you know a bit about timelines, you will probably find the task easy. You can try making a timeline in word for a start if you just want to make a simple timeline. As long as you know the things that you need, then you’re good to go.
Included in this article are 33 timeline templates that are very useful and efficient when it comes to your timeline needs. Each of the templates provided here can be easily viewed and downloaded online by just clicking the download button. It is that easy. You should download some now.
Wedding Timeline Templates
What Is an Office Timeline?
An office timeline is used in the planning and management of activities and events that are related to the work in an office of a company or organization. Office timelines make it easy to plan the activities of the day. It makes the activities in the organization organized and helps the office hit their target goals for the day. It is disseminated to the employees in the office as their guide on what needs to be done and accomplished on that day or for a specific period of time.
How to Edit Excel Timeline Templates
Follow the steps below to be able to edit the timeline templates in Excel. Please also see our timeline samples in Excel.
- Open the Excel application on your computer.
- Select a blank Excel sheet when it asks you what to open.
- Look for the available timeline templates by typing in the timeline word in the search box in Excel. Then click enter.
- A number of available timeline templates will be shown.
- Double click on the timeline template that you will be using.
- To edit the labels, just click or double click the cell that you need to edit. Do the same for entering other information on empty cells.
If you want to make a timeline in word, you may want to check our timeline samples in word.
Project Timeline Templates
Project Plan Timeline
Job Search Template
Ideas for Making a Timeline
Are you loving the usefulness and the wonders that a timeline can bring? If your answer is yes, then you will be delighted with these ideas that we have gathered to help you make even better timelines. You can find the list of ideas below.
- If you are new to timeline making, you might want to use the available timeline templates that we provide in this article. They can be downloaded online, are easy to edit, and since they are in PDF, they are sure to be easy to print.
- If that doesn’t work for you, you can start making a simple timeline by arranging dates in chronological order and adding the details beside or below each date. The start will always be difficult, but later on, everything will easy.
- Use a computer application, like Word, to easily create a timeline.
- Excel can also be used to easily create a timeline. You can design your own or use their available templates.
- If you want to make a timeline presentation, you may choose to use a slideshow to present your data.
- Images and pictures would be an awesome way to introduce or present information, instead of just all words and figures. It keeps your audience interested in your timeline topic.
- It is called a timeline, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a straight line or a line. You can use different layouts with arrows to point out the order of the events.
- Make use of continuous chevron lines or a series of callouts with arrows, instead of the plain old boring table for your timeline. It will definitely give your timeline an additional touch to it.
- Do your research, check out sample timelines, and create your own timeline template by incorporating different ideas into it.
Real Estate Marketing
How Can Students Use Timeline Templates in the Classroom?
Aside from using timeline templates for easy planning and management, they can also be used in the classroom. Here are ways on how the students can use timeline templates in the classroom.
- Students can use timeline templates in making their projects, like history, to chronologically show the events that happened in a specific period of time.
- Making use of timeline templates helps students to be able to organize their thoughts and thus, results in being able to adapt different learning styles.
- Instead of the usual reporting project that only includes text, a timeline template encourages students to be more creative and incorporate images and other applicable things to their reports.
- Using a timeline template helps the students think of a way to put scientific processes in correct and chronological order and present it in their project.
What Is the Timeline for a Project?
A timeline, when used for a project, is an effective and useful way to meet the project’s deadline without running out of time or rushing. By using free timeline template, one can plan on the steps that they need to do for the project in a timely manner, which helps them avoid the possibility of finishing the project after the deadline.
Guidelines for Creating a Timeline
You can always view and download the timeline templates that we provide in this article if ever you need one, or you can use it as reference if you need to create your own. To further help you with this task, we have prepared a guide that you can use together with the sample templates to create your own timeline.
- Think of how you want to create your timeline. Do you want to create one using Word, Excel, or do you want to do it manually?
- Make a list that is in chronological order of the things that should be included in your timeline.
- Make a draft or a sketch of the layout of the timeline you will be making. You can check on timeline examples to get ideas.
- Prepare the sheet you will be using. It could be a word document, an Excel document, or simply a clean sheet of paper.
- Get your draft of the layout and transfer it to your working sheet.
- Then label and fill in the drawing that you just made using the list that you prepared.
- Double-check your work and make sure to do a spelling and grammar check.
FREE 3+ Excel Sales Tracking Samples
FREE 11+ Mortgage Broker Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Business Bill of Sale Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Attendance Roster Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Order Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ Marketing Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Work Instruction Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Fundraising Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 8+ Employee Tracking Samples in PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Restaurant Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Numbers
FREE 7+ 30 60 90 Day Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF