With all the things that need to be done for a specific function, we may sometimes forget a thing or two that we are subjected to do. Forgetting a few items can actually affect the entire processes of what we need to achieve, which is why it is very important to take note of all the items that we need to accomplish for a specific activity.
A timeline can help us in being more organized especially if we are doing something that require us to follow steps. Having a timeline will help us to keep track of the things that we need to do and if we are doing them in the phase that we should be at. If you want to see more samples of different timelines, you may browse through our Timeline Samples.
Project Timeline Sample in Excel
Sample Event Timeline in Excel
A timeline may be used to keep track of the entire duration of a project. A timeline used for this specific purpose may have the following information:
- the processes that are needed to be done for a specific project,
- the people that are tasked to do their functions on specific dates of the project duration,
- the things that are needed to be acquired to finish the project,
- the specific dates in which steps in project completion are needed to be done,
- the targeted date that a project is supposed to be finished, and
- the number of days alloted to finish a specific project.
A timeline may also be used for events. We all know that events and other functions actually have a lot if items and areas to consider; that is why it is very important to keep track of all the activities that are needed to be done for a specific event. An event timeline includes the following information:
- the final date in which an event is to occur;
- the items that are needed for the event;
- the dates in which specific items are needed to be assured, especially those that concern suppliers for the things needed for the event;
- the meetings that an event organizer needs to attend with regards to the details of the event; and
- the amount of preparation time that is allotted for the organizers to plan for the event.
Monthly Timeline Sample
Timeline Template Example
Project Management Timeline
Project Plan Timeline in Excel
Sample Period Timeline in XLS
A timeline may also be used by an individual and companies to record their activities monthly. A monthly timeline is used to assure that all the functions of an entity is done and all the responsibilities that are needed to be looked after are achieved.
Importance of Having a Timeline
It is very important for one to have a timeline for the following reasons:
- it allows all the details that are needed to be focused at per month,
- it helps a person or a company to be more organized and efficient, and
- it records all important information that we may sometime overlook because of conflict of schedule.
There are many other advantages that a timeline can provide, and it all depends on how a person or a company is to implement all the activities written in a timeline that they have made. Other than our timeline samples in Excel format, you may also browse through our Event Timeline Samples.
14+ Sponsorship Agreement Samples
19+ Sample Competitive Analysis Templates
13+ Sample Competitive Analysis Templates
13+ Business Analysis Samples – Word, PSD
14+ Software Development Proposal Templates to Download
13+ SWOT Analysis Samples
8+ Unsolicited Proposal Templates
21+ Investment Proposal Samples
9+ Competitor’s Analysis Templates to Download
53+ Amazing Newspaper Templates – PDF, PPT, Word, PSD
10+ Website Design Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
13+ Web Design Proposal Templates
10+ Graphic Design Proposal Templates to Download
17+ Amazing Masquerade Mask Templates – Word, PSD, EPS, AI
30+ Wedding Planner Samples – Word, PSD, Pages