A timeline is a graphic or visual tool that showcases the things that are needed to be done or the events that should transpire in a chronological order. Timelines are necessary in the processes of project management and other programs where plan schedule implementation is necessary.
We have collected a number of timeline template samples so you can have references in creating the specific timeline document that you need. Making a timeline will be a lot easier if you are already guided by a concrete sample of what you would like to do.
Free Wedding Planning Timeline Template
Wedding Planning Timeline
Project Timeline Templates
Free Printable Project Timeline
How to Create an Efficient and Effective Timeline
A timeline serves as a graphic representation of the time frames that are needed to be considered when executing an activity, a program, plan, or process. The sequence of activities that are plotted in a timeline allows an entity to be aware of the things that are needed to be achieved in a particular period of time.
You can create an efficient and effective timeline by following these steps:
- Identify the purpose of the timeline creation. You need to be sure of the reason on why you needed the timeline so you can properly implement it.
- After identifying the purpose of the tool, list down the items that you want to place in the timeline. Create a metrics that you may follow in the selection process of which things to either put or not in the timeline that you will create.
- Have a draft of the chronological order of the things that you would like to plot based on the purpose of the timeline creation.
- Allocate a specific time duration where all the processes that you want to fulfill shall be done.
- Identify the number of time segments with the same time units depending on the duration of the entire activity.
- Break the timeline into frames where you can incorporate the activities that you need to execute.
- Properly label the timeline and plot the activities in order.
PowerPoint Timeline Templates
Business Timeline Templates
Timeline Used in Project Management
A project management timeline is identified as a sample timeline that serves as the linear schedule of project planning and/or implementation. The creation of a timeline used in project management can be guided by the following:
- It is important for a project management timeline to help the stakeholders of a particular project to be aware of the things that they need to accomplish in a specific time period.
- Based on the requirements of the project and the processes that are needed to be done to assure the project completion, a project management timeline should be able to precisely plot the things that are needed to be done by the people who are involved in the project creation.
- More so, a timeline used in project management must also showcase the time schedule that should be religiously followed to assure that the project will come to reality in the expected completion date.
There are different kinds of event timelines that are based on their usages in various phases of an event. An event timeline can be used by the following entities:
- Event timelines are tools used by event planners and organizers so they can easily track the requirements of the event that they are currently handling. This helps them to properly communicate with all the stakeholders of the event including the clients and the suppliers.
- Event timelines may also be used by the event host so that he/she will be aware of the things that has already been accomplished. More so, it will help him/her to properly plan the event by assuring that all the items needed during the event execution are already on hand.
- An event timeline may also be used during the event duration. Conventions and other programs use an event timeline to list down the things that are needed to be done in different parts of the event. This type of event timeline works well with gatherings that are executed within a few number of days.
Activity Timeline Samples
Advertising Timeline Samples
Event Timeline Samples
Wedding Event Planning Timeline
Construction Project Samples
Calendar Timeline Examples
Importance of Timeline Creation
- In marketing and advertising, a timeline is essential as it provides information about the marketing programs and activities that are needed to be executed by the marketing department. A timeline used in this manner allows the proper plotting of trend following and the accurate implementation of marketing undertakings. This assures the company that they have the appropriate activities in specific time frames within an entire operational year. More so, there are also marketing and advertising timelines that are specifically used to guide the marketing team in the planning and execution of a single event.
- In a management setting, creating a timeline can help a lot in scheduling meetings and other professional gatherings. A meeting timeline can provide the meeting attendees with the entire meeting duration and the things that are needed to be talked about to create particular call to actions.
- In the processes of project management, a project timeline is very important as it holds the processes involved in project creation altogether. Using a project timeline can assure that all the stakeholders of the project are aware of the responsibilities and obligations.
May it be a PowerPoint timeline, an Excel timeline, or a Word timeline, what is important is for the tool that you will create to be precise, comprehensive, and easy to understand.
Meeting Timeline Samples
Marketing Timeline Samples
Budget Timeline Templates
Company Timeline Samples
Guidelines in Creating a Timeline
A few suggestions that you may follow in creating a sample timeline are as follows:
- Be specific with all the items that you will put in your timeline. Again, be guided by a draft of all the things that you would like to place in a timeline so that your entire plotting processes will be accurate and complete.
- Use any of our downloadable timeline templates as your references in creating a timeline. It will be easier for you if you will have a document to follow so you can assure the proper formatting and content structuring of the document.
- Be realistic in creating a timeline. A timeline will only be effective if you and the other people involved in the processes within the timeline can follow the items that you have listed. Having a timeline that is reality-bound and is doable can sustain the momentum of achieving the things that are needed to be done in specific time periods.
Follow these guidelines and you are already on your way to successfully creating a timeline that works.
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreements – PDF, Word
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Non Compete Agreement Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Family Genogram Samples – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Best Printable Envelope Templates
33+ Sample Concert Ticket Templates – PSD, Ai, EPS, Word
17+ Sample Blank Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
17+ Sample Service Level Agreement Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
18+ Service Level Agreement Samples
12+ Sample Security Agreement Templates
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements