Whteher you’re a corporate employee or the owner of a company, you know very well how important it is to be on schedule. When it comes to work schedules and deadlines, everybody is required to comply. But it’s even stricter if you’re dealing with a construction schedule. Just one miss and you’ll know it’s chaos. What’s a construction schedule anyway? You can find great construction schedule samples in this article, and you’ll also get to learn what this tool is all about. Read on to learn more!
FREE 15+ Construction Schedule Samples
1. Residential Construction Project Schedule
2. Commercial Daily Construction Schedule Sample
3. 5-day Construction Project Schedule Template
4. Sample Construction Materials Schedule
5. Construction Submittal Schedule Template
6. Sample Construction Labor Schedule
7. Construction Look Ahead Schedule
8. Two-Week Construction Schedule Sample
9. Free Simple Construction Schedule
11. Free Basic Construction Schedule Sample
12. Free Printable Construction Schedule
13. Sample Commercial Construction Schedule
14. Construction Schedule Template
15. Sample Apartment Construction Schedule
16. Simple Construction Draw Schedule
What Is a Construction Schedule?
A construction schedule is an important part of construction management. In a well-planned construction work schedule, the tasks or activities are organized according to their importance. Through this, a task that is necessary for the next step is performed or completed so that the entire project can run smoothly. A construction schedule ensures that a project is always on-time and it completed on or before its forecasted deadline.
How to Develop a Construction Schedule
Developing a construction schedule is terribly difficult. But nothing is impossible if you try. So here are tips that will help you come up with a great construction schedule template.
1. Use Appropriate Tools
Manual labor is hard but it can get lighter if you know which tools can help you. For a construction schedule, there are computer programs and software available for download at a reasonable price. Need something to practice on? Why not try downloadable schedule samples and templates? They’re perfect for starters.
2. Prioritize Tasks
The number one thing to keep in mind when developing a construction schedule is prioritizing tasks. When important tasks are prioritized, construction delays are minimized if not prevented.
3. Provide Task/Activity Duration
Set a specific duration as to how long each task should be performed. The amount of time you provide for each task must be realistic. For this, you’ll need to consider a lot of factors including changes in the climate, employees’ leave schedule, equipment maintenance, etc.
4. Execute Accordingly
Strictly follow your schedule. It’s okay to be ahead of your planned schedule than being behind. Don’t slow down just to match your actual production with your scheduled production. This way you won’t go behind if you encounter delays midway through completion.
What Are the Benefits of a Construction Schedule?
In the construction industry, being on schedule is crucial. That is because it affects both the construction plan and the activities at the construction site. Having a well-planned construction schedule offers a lot of benefits and they are as follows:
- Tasks are carried out in a timely fashion.
- All the parts of a specific project are completed on-time as scheduled.
- Minimizes downtime on-site.
- It allows engineers to follow a strict budget plan, especially when on a budget.
- It can effectively provide a forecast of milestones and completion dates of certain parts of the project.
- Permits and other documents are prepared and acquired before the actual construction job starts.
- It helps in the proper management of the materials, equipment, and labor on-site.
- Schedule samples show that the document can help in organizing and prioritizing construction activities.
What is the main drawback of having a construction schedule?
Knowing just the benefits is not enough. Having knowledge about the downside of something, no matter how little, gives you an advantage. Just like other types of schedules, commercial construction schedules has its downsides.
- Developing a construction schedule is a complex process. That is regardless if you’re making a schedule template for a house, a commercial building, residential construction, apartment building, bridge development, or a new home.
- It would be costly to purchase a scheduling program or software.
- It may be difficult to follow the schedule if you ever get behind due to some unforeseen circumstances.
- A construction schedule lacks flexibility.
What should I include in a construction schedule?
A construction schedule template should include the following information:
- Title/construction project name/header
- List of construction activities in different sections
- Names of the people responsible for each task/activity
- Deadline for each task/activity
- Material delivery dates
- List of materials and equipment
- Number of laborers required
- List of suppliers and their contact details
- Project managers
- Basic instructions
- Special instructions
- Project updates
Can I use a Gantt chart to make a construction schedule?
A Gantt chart is a bar chart type of scheduling tool and is great for construction projects. Construction Gantt chart samples are used to ensure that the construction project is on schedule. It ensures that clients, subcontractors, and the crew are well-aware of their tasks and deadlines.
If you find it hard to start a construction schedule for an upcoming project, then you should definitely look into the samples we’ve provided above. You’ll not only get great scheduling ideas and methods, but you’ll also enjoy looking at the colorful designs on each sample.
FREE 21+ Sample Scope of Work Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 6+ Sample Mortgage Amortization Schedule Templates in Excel
FREE 13+ Observation Schedule Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Painting Estimate Templates in PDF Excel
FREE 20+ Sample Gantt Chart Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel ...
FREE 9+ Schedule Templates in Excel
FREE 8+ Sample Material Lists in MS Word PDF
FREE 13+ Game Schedule Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Class Schedules in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 18+ Sample Construction Contracts in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 4+ Contractor Budget Samples in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 16+ Sample Construction Schedule Templates in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Work Schedules in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 50+ Schedule Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 24+ Sample Payment Schedules in PDF MS Word