When you have already found a buyer for your motorcycle, it is now high time to seal the deal. When it comes to sale transactions involving any type of vehicle, you need to prepare a bill of sale to make the transaction official. Your bill of sale also acts as your receipt and it serves as an evidence that you can present should there be a need to prove that the ownership of the motorcycle is now the responsibility of the new owner.
There are seven Bill of Sale Samples featured in this article that you can look into. Browse through all the samples we have and choose one that would best represent the sale of your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Bill of Sale Example
Simple Bill of Sale for Motorcycle
Used Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Standard Motorcycle Bill of Sale
What to Include in a Motorcycle Bill of Sale?
A motor Vehicle Bill of Sales will mention the following during a sale transaction of a motorcycle:
- Location Where the Purchase Will Take Place
Mention the state and the name of the country where the sale will take place. In cases where the buyer and seller are from different states and countries, use the location of the seller.
- Purchase Price
Include the full price and the down payment made. Any payment terms should also be mentioned.
- Complete Details of Both Parties
Complete names and addresses of both parties. PO Box addresses are not allowed.
- Motorcycle Specifics
Describe the motorcycle in details. Including the location where the motorcycle is currently situated (complete address), make and model, the 10-character (numbers and letters) engine number, and the unique vehicle identification number.
- Representations and Warranties
On the seller’s end, it is a statement promising that there are no other parties involved with the transaction and that no one else will take ownership of the motorcycle.
On the buyer’s end, it is a statement promising that he/she has the right to purchase the motorcycle.
- Odometer Reading Disclosure
This statement mentions an accurate report of the mileage of the motorcycle.
Both parties should affix their signatures on the bill of sale in order to imply that both have understood the statements mentioned in the document.
Generic Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Sample Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Free Printable Motorcycle Bill of Sale
Motorcycle Bill of Sale Form to Download
The Dos and Dont’s of a Motorcycle Bill of Sales
- Ensure to get the correct name and address of the buyer as this detail is important in making your sale legal.
- Only give the buyer the bill of sale if complete payment has been made. This means that the transaction is complete. If down payments have been made or if there are payment terms that are being followed, draft a promissory note and an agreement that represents the deferred payment.
- Make sure to make two copies—one for you and one for the buyer—and that they are signed.
- If a third party or a witness is present during the issuance of the bill of sale or during the sale transaction, let him/her sign the bill of sale as well.
- Once the transaction has been completed, ensure to have your local tax office record the document. This is extremely useful when it comes to filing income tax returns.
- The DMV must also be contacted in order to protect the buyer from tickets and accidents during the period of transferring of ownership.
Following these tips will help your sale run as smooth as possible. The Bill of Sale Examples in this article will also be your guide when it comes to drafting your own motorcycle bill of sale. With the help of these templates, you are sure to avoid any hassle that may come your way.
14+ Event Invitations – PSD, Word, AI
14+ Sample Consulting Agreements
10+ Sample Project Closure Report Template Examples
10+ Sample Executive Report Templates
11+ Sample Save the Dates – PSD, Vector EPS, AI, Word
14+ Management Report Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
15+ Sample Marketing Report Templates – Docs, PDF, Pages
19+ Sample Inventory Reports
13+ Sample Marketing Report Templates
11+ Marketing Report Templates
8+ Inventory Report Templates
20+ Sample Incident Reports – PDF, MS Word, Pages
6+ Sample Equipment Rental Agreements
15+ Equipment Rental Agreement Templates
21+ Sample Daily Reports