Submitting quotation proposals to one’s prospective customers is perhaps one of the most time-tested methods of obtaining new customers. That is why, if you have been asked to write a quotation, make sure that you are able to do it properly so as to ensure its effectivity.
Follow the quotation formats that are manifested in formal quotation templates such as the ones that we have on this page. You may download these quotations easily and use it as a skeletal framework for your own quotation proposal.
Service Quotation Samples
Customer Service Quotation
Travel Service Quotation
Car Service Quotation
Security Service Quotation
Quotation for Construction
Building Construction Quotation
House Construction Quotation
Construction Project Quotation
What Is a Quotation Proposal?
A quotation proposal is a document that is widely used by businesses. It is a key component in a sales process as it encourages prospective customers to buy from a business. This document’s main purpose is to provide customers with the precise prices offered by a business for certain goods. Not only that, quotation proposals also contain other pertinent information that a customer may need to know in order to decide on a purchase. These items of information may include any of the following:
- The prices of the items of products or services being offered
- The discounted prices
- The method that items of products are to be delivered
- The date when a customer can take hold of these items of products, or in the case of services, the date when such services are to be performed
- The enumeration of all additional charges that are to be added on top of the total amount for all the goods and services listed in the proposal. These additional charges can include any of the following:
- The taxable amounts
- Delivery charge
- Service charge
- The total amount due
- The payment methods that are available for customers
- The duration of time wherein the contents of the proposal are still valid, or in other words, the date when the terms proposed would still constitute as an initial offer from the seller or service provider
Since formal quotations can vary in content and format based on the nature of the business that is preparing it, it is wise for you to refer to a myriad of quotation sample templates to gather information about quotations. We also have product quotations for businesses that are engaged in providing certain items of goods to their customers.
Computer Sales Quotation
Sales Order Quotation
Website Design Quotation
Website Development Quotation
Website Maintenance Quotation
Price Quotation Samples
Service Price Quotation
Price Quotation Request
Price Quotation Format
Guidelines for Writing Effective Quotation Proposals
Writing a quotation proposal can be an easy task. You would be able to write more effective quotation proposals if you already have a working knowledge of the basic steps in writing it. Below is an outline of actions you follow when writing a quotation proposal of whatever kind:
First Step: Preparations before Writing a Quotation Proposal
- Know the needs of your prospective customer.
- If you are writing a quotation because you have been formally requested to make one, then it is easier for you to determine which items you need to include in the quotation. However, should you be writing a quotation in the absence of a formal request for proposal (RFP) or invitation to bid (ITB), then you must execute steps in order to obtain sufficient information on your customer’s needs. For instance, if you are writing a quotation for a building project, then you must contact the engineer or architect designing the building in order to know the size, its design, materials to be used, and other pertinent construction details.
Second Step: Actual Writing of a Quotation Proposal
- Write the label of the quotation proposal.
- Below the label, paste your company’s letterhead (name, address, logo, contact information).
- Write a brief salutation or you may simply indicate the details of the prospective buyer (name, position title, address, and contact information).
- Depending on the complexity of the project that the quotation proposal is for, create several columns or field to be filled in with the
- name of the items of goods or services to be offered,
- its size,
- discounted price if availed at a certain quantity,
- other item descriptions, and
- price per item.
- Write a total amount of all the items listed, additional costs of delivery, and other additional charges that a customer needs to pay should he/she acquiesce to the terms in the quotation.
- Create a section solely for additional terms such as
- delivery method,
- payment method, and
- date of validity of the quotation.
- Follow the proper format of quotation proposals. You may refer to our quotation example and quotation format PDF templates that are available for download.
Cleaning Service Quotation
Cleaning Contract Quotation
Windows Cleaning Quotation
Catering Services Quotation
Outdoor Catering Quotation
Catering Company Quotation
Purchase Quotation Samples
Purchase Order Quotation
Hire Purchase Quotation
The Importance of Quotations
There are several advantages of using quotation proposals. Below are the most notable ones:
- Customers are more likely to avail the items in a quotation since they are given the choice to contact the business and make negotiations.
- A quotation proposal allows customers to make decisions a lot easier and adjust certain items that are not feasible budget-wise.
- Businesses use quotations to take an active approach in attracting a specific prospective customer’s willingness to engage in a business. The usual business practice is that customers are the ones who are to approach businesses in order to make inquiries regarding certain products and services that they may need. Meanwhile, a quotation proposal allows businesses to take steps in capturing a customer’s attention as soon as a business can catch wind of an actual need for its products and services.
To gain a clearer understanding of quotation proposals, you may check out our collections of quotation format doc and project quotation templates that are available for download.
Event Management Price Quotation
Event Photography Quotation
Event Planner Quotation
Wedding Event Quotation
Goods Transport Quotation
Goods Supply Quotation
Vehicle Quotation Samples
Vehicle Hire Quotation
Vehicle Purchase Quotation
Additional Tips for Writing a Quotation
Below are some tips that can help you write an effective and appealing quotation proposal that would surely help you close that deal:
- Offer competitive prices.
- If you want to offer prices that are higher than the ones offered by your competitors, make sure that you are able to highlight the top quality of the items you are offering.
- Consult experts when you have difficulty in understanding the needs of a prospective customer (e.g., engineers, construction workers, medical personnel, etc.).
- Uphold your own brand of professionality by observing a proper format in writing your quotation. Refer to our job quotations and company quotation templates.
8 Company Quotation Samples & Templates
10+ Quotation Samples for Construction
8 Product Quotation Samples & Templates
9+ Catering Quotation Samples
Inquiry about Last Quotation
12 Price Quotation Samples & Templates
5 Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
12 Sales Quotation Samples & Templates
6 Invoice Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Formal Quotation Samples & Templates
6 Contractor Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Cleaning Quotation Samples & Templates
5 Builder Quotation Samples & Templates
10 Project Quotation Samples & Templates
7 Repair Quotation Samples & Templates