Any business can benefit from a well-researched and meticulously prepared sales plan. The importance of a sales plan cannot be explicated more profoundly than the fact that sales agents can attain more customers when they employ sales strategies that are fine-tuned for effective.
Sample Business Sales Plan Template
Printable Sales Outreach Plan Template
Retail Sales Plan Sample Template
Software Sales Sample Plan Template
E-Commerce Sales Plan Template Sample
Whether you are a sales agent, a marketer, or a business owner, you must know the different elements of a sales plan. Moreover, you must also observe the accurate method of creating sales plans. To help guide you in fabricating an effective sales plan, we have sales plan templates that you can use as your guide!
Simple Distribution Sales Plan Template
Channel Sales Plan Template
Creative SaaS Sales Plan Template
Sample International Sales Plan Template
Car Sales Business Plan Template
Sales Action Plan Template
Restaurant Sales Plan Template
Territory Sales Plans
Territory Business Plan
Strategic Sales Plans
Strategic Account Plan
Strategic Sales Action
What Is a Non-Media Sales Plan?
Sales planning is considered to be an essential process that every company must perform in order to meet financial goals and sales objectives. More so, since most sales plan tackles on the company’s efforts at broadcasting their products and services to their customers. Due to the rapidly increasing technological advancements, most businesses zero in on social media platforms as the primary mode of executing most items of their sales plan. While this is a completely rational thing to do, some businesses may fail to see the value in non-media sales planning.
A non-media comprises of sales strategies wherein the sales team or the business owner-operator himself would personally perform certain tasks that does not relate to media in order to gain the attention of more willing customers and retain the old ones. Examples of non-media sales actions are the following:
- Calling potential customers
- Inviting existing customers to certain functions or events that are organized to promote your business and its products or services
- Getting involved in public activities that allow you to advertise your products or services
- Personally contact a reporter or newswriter and ask him/her to interview you about your business
- Become participative in local events such as charity events, art shows, musical festivals, and any event of a non-commercial color but are able to round up huge crowds of potential customers.
How to Develop a Territory Sales Plan
One area that must be zoomed in when you are creating a sales plan is your sales territory. No matter how up-to-date and sophisticated your sales plan may be, it would become inutile and fruitless if it does not suit the needs of your sales territory. It is for this reason that one must develop a territory sales plan. The steps below can help you create an effective territory sales plan:
- Study your sales history.
- Identify the common denominator of most of your customers.
- Determine your customer’s needs by observing what they are buying.
- Gauge the inherent reasons for their buying tendencies.
- Write a description of your sales territory by following a proper sales plan format for sales territory planning. You may opt to use our website’s collection of sales plan example templates.
Marketing Sales Plans
Marketing Sales Incentive Plan
Business Sales Plans
New Business Sales
Bank Sales Plans
Business Banking Plan
Bank Sales Incentive Plan
The Differences between a Sales Plan and a Marketing Plan
The two terms are oftentimes used interchangeably, yet these are two separate concepts. The following are the main differences between the two:
- A marketing plan comprises of strategies that are aimed at reaching out to more customers in order to engage them in business. Meanwhile, a sales plan is specifically concerned with implementing strategies that can make customers avail the offerings of a business the moment they decide to engage in it. In a way, a sales action plan is part of a marketing plan.
- A marketing plan can cover a lot of aspects such as advertising products and even the hiring of more competent marketers and sales teams. A sales plan, on the other hand, can be more precise and specific when it comes to how the sales team would behave around potential customers.
- A sales plan consists of a detailed explanation of the several phases of a sales action. It even includes how a sales agent can close off a deal in ways that most customers would find irresistibly difficult to reject. Whereas a marketing plan is more general and does not involve the minute details on how a sales deal should be done.
To know more about the salient attributes of a sales plan that makes it different from a marketing plan, you can browse through our collection of sales plan template.
Hotel Sales Plans
Hotel Room Sales
Hotel Sales Business Plan
Individual Sales Plans
Individual Sales Development
Individual Business Plan
Monthly Sales Plans
Monthly Sales Target
Monthly Sales Action Plan
One Page Sales Plans
One Page Account Plan
One-Page Sales Business
Weekly Sales Plans
Weekly Sales Action Plan
How to Write a Business Sales Plan
Some helpful guidelines that must be followed when creating a business sales action plan:
- Write an executive summary of your current sales condition and what definitive results your sales plan aims to produce.
- Define your products and services.
- Make an analysis of the marketability and profitability of the items you are offering.
- Introduce additional products or services that you deem to be marketable and in demand.
- Describe the specific sales strategies and tactics that can realize your sales objective and help your sales team achieve your financial goals.
- Project the costs of your sales action plan and describe its feasibility. You can also use this section to provide alternative solutions should there be an unexpected need to cut down on costs.
- Lastly, make sure that your sales plan is in proper format. To have an idea on how to do this, you may refer to our website’s informative collection of sales plan in PDF, which are available for easy download.
Action Sales Plans
Sales Manager Action Plan
Sales Growth Action Plan
Company Sales Plans
Daily Sales Plan
Daily Sales Activity Plan
Online Sales Plan
Online Sales Marketing Plan
Product Sales Plan
New Product Sales
Real Estate Sales Plans
Commercial Real Estate
Real Estate Developer
Retail Sales Plans
Retail Sales Promotion Plan
Tips in Making a Good Sales Plan
You may be able to find these tips of immense help when in the process of creating a sales plan:
- Identify your sales territory. To do this, you can refer to our sales territory plan templates.
- Assess your present market conditions.
- Examine the past sales history and how your previous sales strategies have led to the realization of your previous financial goals.
- Compare your past sales history to your present sales conditions and create new sales strategies that are in congruence with the several factors affecting your sales such as market condition, customer buying tendencies, financial budget for your sales department, etc.
- Organize your sales plan according to a proper format. You may refer to our sales plan doc templates on this page.
FREE 13+ Remediation Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Mortgage Broker Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Hospital Strategic Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Marketing Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ One Page Strategic Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Sales Territory Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ 30-60-90 Sales Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ E-commerce Marketing Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 7+ 30 60 90 Day Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Project Communication Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Nonprofit Strategic Plan Samples in Word | Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Behavior Modification Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF