Many people who are in business often forget the importance of a market research plan. A market research plan is the process of gathering relevant information and data in order to develop ways to improve on certain products, services, or the business entirely. A good business plan is important in order to stay significant in the changing market.
One important type of plan for businesses is a financial plan. It is beneficial for every business to develop a financial plan to be able to evaluate the financial status of the company. If you are looking for a research plan, you can download the samples available below.
Marketing Research Plan Template
Action Research Project Plan
Research Action Plan
How to Create a Market Research Plan
- Before you create a market research plan, you can make one from scratch or you can use our research plan templates to make it easier. There are also business plans available should you need them.
- The first step to do when writing a research plan is to determine what you want to research about. It is necessary for you to define the research goals that you want to achieve.
- Write the title of your market research plan.
- Write a short summary about the purpose and the scope of your research, which will serve as an introduction for your research plan.
- Identify the needs and the problems of the products and and services that you offer in your business. It is important to know if your customers are satisfied with the services that you provide.
- Write the objective of your market research plan including the procedures and the steps that should be be taken in order to solve the problem. Indicate the results that you expect to achieve with your market research plan.
- Write a breakdown of the costs that will be needed in your market research plan.
- Specify the timeline of your market research plan in order to have a clear process.
Research Work Plan
Research Development Plan
Research Implementation Plan
4 Common Types of Market Research Plan Areas
For businesses to grow and adapt to the market’s changing demands, a business has to improve certain aspects of the business. This is important for a business to remain relevant, especially with a lot of business competitors. Here are the common types of market research areas that are usually focused on for improvement.
- Brand Awareness – This type of market research plan is used to measure the relevance of a businesses’ products or services. This is done through research and survey to determine whether consumers are familiar with your brand.
- Target Audience – Understanding the target market for your brand is important. A business should focus on a specific target audience for their products and services. This will allow you to focus on ways to improve and develop new products for that particular market.
- Customer Acquisition – In order to acquire new customers, you can do a survey for your business plan to be able to determine which products or service a certain market or audience is interested in. This will help you acquire more customers for your business.
- Customer Retention – Retaining old customers is as important as acquiring new ones. It is important to develop ways to improve your services or products to be able to retain old or new ones.
8+ Wedding Plan Samples & Templates
How to Develop a Sales Training Plans – Word, Docs
17+ Communication Plan Examples
19+ Management Plan Samples & Templates
9+ Corporate Training Plan Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Marketing Plan For Small Business Samples – PDF, Word
9+ Internal Communications Plan Samples – PDF, Word
15+ Bakery Business Plan Templates
18+ Sample Bakery Business Plans
18+ Salon Business Plan Templates – PDF, Word
38+ Sales Plan Examples
39+ Sales Plan Templates
14+ Health and Safety Plan Templates – PDF, Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Health Plan Templates
11+ Nursing Care Plan Examples – PDF, Word