Who doesn’t want to be productive and organized during the day? I’m pretty sue you are one of the many who wants to be able to handle and use their time effectively and avoid all those hassle. Well, there is actually a way for you to be able to have that done and that is with the use of a day planner.
Planners, Sample checklists, bullet journals, and all that other organization stuff are the hottest trends right now. Not only are you able to customize each page or sheet of your planner, you are also able to choose whatever activities you want to put in it.
In this article we will be discussing about planners, specifically day planners. Planner samples and templates have been included to help you visualize what a planner looks like and to further your understanding about what a planner really is. Included in the discussion are ways on how day planners can help you, its advantages and disadvantages, and tips on how you can effectively use one.
Weekly Day Planner Sample
Student Weekly Day Planner Sample
Weekly Hourly Day Planner Sample
Themed Weekly Day Planner Sample
Monthly Day Planner Sample with Holidays
What Is a Day Planner?
A day planner is used to help individuals organize their activities for the day. It can be both used for busy days or normal days. The main goal of using day planners is to organize your activities and maximize your time during the day so that you will be able to do a lot of things and finish all of your tasks intended for that day. Day planners also come in different forms. There are day planners that look like hourly calendars or weekly calendars. Planner samples and templates like weekly planner samples and templates and monthly planner samples and templates can also be used or incorporated in a day planner.
In What Ways Can Day Planners Help You?
There are many ways in which a day planner can help you. Below is a list of the ways on how day planners can be of help to you.
1. Day planners can help you in determining your tasks for the day. When we wake up each morning, we usually do not think of the things we need to do but we struggle first with ourselves if we want to get out of bed and work or stay a few minutes more. This is because a lot of us have no plan for our goals during the day. With the help of day planners, your mornings are sure to be different because you will be waking up with goals in each and every day. You may also see printable monthly planner samples
2. Day planners can help you keep up with your daily schedules and tasks. You can use them as a to-do list, task list, a scheduler, or a daily checklist. You can design any part of your day planner to show your complete schedule for the rest of the day. This helps you in a way that conditions your mind and self to the tasks ahead of you on that specific day.
3. Day planners can help you establish a daily routine. Daily tasks are repetitive unless there is a different task or activity you have scheduled for that day. These daily tasks could be cooking breakfast in the morning, cleaning the house, washing the dishes and the laundry, driving the kids to school, and going to work. Having all of these daily tasks written on your day planner allows you to do them on a daily basis and thus helps you establish that routine. Soon you won’t be taking a glance at your day planner to know what task to do next.
4. Day planners can help you in effectively maximizing your time so that you will be able to achieve your goals for the day. Everybody wants to be productive, but not all are successful in doing so. This is all because a lot of us are unable to maximize our time. Day planners gives us the opportunity to do more in just a short period of time. How? It is because you already have a list of tasks to do, thus minimizing the time spent for thinking what to do next and maximizing the time spent on doing the actual tasks instead. You may also like free printable weekly planner samples
5. Day planners can help you avoid procrastination. Thinking that you have free time or a lot of time left to do all of your tasks because you simply don’t know what to do can lead to procrastination. It happens not just once, twice, or thrice, but it will soon be part of your daily routine. So instead of establishing a daily routine that is not productive, you will be doing less important stuff like checking social networking sites, watching YouTube videos, and many more. A day planner will remind you of all of the tasks and goals that you have for the day and that will definitely help you stay away from procrastination. You may also check out appointment planner samples
6. Day planners can help you prioritize your daily tasks so that you won’t go behind your schedule or any deadlines. The good thing about planning is that you are able to prioritize the things that are important from those that are less important. You can plan and prioritize tasks a month before, a week before, or the day before you will execute your plan. You will be prepared for the day or days ahead of you. You may also see sample agenda planner templates
7. Day planners can help you and encourage you to work faster. Seeing that you have a lot of tasks to do or you are almost about to finish all of your tasks will definitely get you excited. Won’t that encourage you to work faster and have the tasks done so that you can enjoy and relax the day away? If you want yourself to get motivated and productive, then day planners are best for you. You may also like monthly bill planner samples
Daily Schedule Planner Sample
Daily Action Planner Sample
Printable Daily Organizer Planner Sample
Five Day Homework Planner Sample
Personal Design Monthly Day Planner Sample
How to Make a Day Planner
Making a day planner requires skills in planning and determination to be able to get things done. But you don’t really have to be an expert to make one. Simply follow the steps below and you will surely be able to get your day planner done in no time.
1. You can’t make anything without a purpose. That is basically the fist step that you need to do in order to get your thoughts organized and get your brain to actually work. So what is your purpose for making and using a day planner? Yes, you can do so much with, but you can only do things one step at a time before you will be able to handle all of them. You may also see attendance planners
2. Create an useful outline of how you want your day planner to look like or how you want to arrange the things to be written on it. The outline will make it easy for you to determine which things to plan first. It helps you focus on the same or similar tasks before you can move on to the next set of tasks or activities. It also keeps your thoughts from flying from one idea to another.
3. You can also make use of printable planner samples and templates to help you decide on the outline of your day planner. You can also look for different ideas online to hep make your day planner better.
4. After you have determined your purpose or goals, start thinking about the things thing that you want to include in your activities or tasks for the day. It is best that you write them down first as a draft before actually putting them on your actual sheet. This is in case you need to make changes or revisions, or if you need to add more tasks or activities in it. You may also like printable menu planner samples
5. Keep in mind to always prioritize your tasks to ensure that you will be doing what is important fist and those that are not so important last.
6. After writing down all of the tasks and activities that you want to be on your day planner. Review your draft. If you have decided that you are satisfied with it, then go have it transferred to your actual planner page or sheet. If you want, you can proofread your work. Check for any spelling errors or grammar errors that you might have with it. Of course, you can opt out from doing this if you really don’t mind about these things, especially if it is a personal day planner you will be making. It is also for business use, so you will really need to do your best in checking spelling and grammar errors. That way your work will not look so unreliable and unprofessional. You may also see event planner contract samples
7. Lastly, make sure to execute your strategic plan as you have it planned. It is the only way you can determine if a day planner works for you. It is also the only way to use a day planner effectively.
9+ Wedding Planner Samples & Templates
8+ Sample Attendance Planners
6+ Printable Menu Planner Samples
6+ Wedding Planner Printable Samples
5+ Agenda Planner Templates
5+ Appointment Planner Samples
4+ Wedding Planner Contract Samples & Templates
16+ Free Planner Samples & Templates
11+ Sample 30 60 90 Day Plans
9+ Party Planner Samples and Templates
7+ Sample Daily Itinerary
7+ Sample Meal Planning
6+ Free Printable Budget Planner Samples
5+ Road Trip Planner Samples & Templates
5+ Daily Agenda Templates